Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Transformers On Ebay

Old 04-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #21
UltraMagnus69
Acid Pellet Style
Re: Ebay charges import fees now? Lame for Transformers collecting

I use ebay for buying comics lately and I've noticed some sellers charging 25-30 bucks for shipping of one comic! Add another 16 or so dollars for import fees. No thanks!
UltraMagnus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #22
Nugundam2.0
Beasty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijmdVlQ36-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLLrqz1Esj4

Avoid these sellers. Americans and their bubbles...
Nugundam2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #23
Megatron75
Alternator

This terrible program is called the Global Shipping Program (GSP). Many international sellers are using it now because apparently there is extra protection for the seller against buyers saying that they didn't receive the item, even though though a tracking number and/or signature upon receipt accomplishes the same thing. I'm certainly not an authority on this program but from what I can tell, here's how it works. International buyers essentially pay for the item itself, plus the shipping fee to get it from the seller to a 3rd party agent in Erlanger, Kentucky. The seller doesn't have to worry about completing customs forms, declarations, etc (another benefit for the seller), since they are shipping domestically. That's where this additional "Import" fee comes into play. The buyer essentially has to pay the 3rd party agent an additional shipping fee to have their item shipped from Kentucky to their residence, plus the customs fees upon checkout. This second shipping fee and customs charge is consolidated into an "import fee", which can be extremely costly. To complicate matters further, if the listing is in auction format (as opposed to a "buy it now"), there will be an estimate of the import fees available however the buyer will have no idea how much they actually have to pay until the auction ends. I refuse to buy from sellers who use the GSP program any more for a few reasons: (1) The additional shipping charge from the seller to Kentucky, (2) the fact that I have to pay import fees upfront, when we often don't have to pay ANY import fees when shipped using any other method, and (3) the fact that every item I've ever bought using this program gets left on my front doorstep and not held at the post office for me to pick up or locked in my community mailbox. Anyone walking by my house could essentially walk away with my package. I've never had this happen but it's not a risk that I'm willing to take. I should point out than when these items were left on my doorstep, the tracking info indicated "successfully delivered", which would probably eliminate any buyer recourse via eBay/Paypal's buyer protection program. As some else pointed out earler in the thread, If I'm interested enough in the item, I've been asking the seller to amend the shipping options in the listing and cancel the GSP on the item. I have had mixed success with this aporoach. I hope this is helpful.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #24
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
One more things to look out for on eBay now. Thanks for the heads up.

How new is this?
I first noticed this about 3 months back while browsing. Some of the fees on more expensive things were crazy.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #25
Nugundam2.0
Beasty

Yeah the fees are like 50% of the product. For example I am looking at a used Emergency radio. Current bid is 20bucks and the import based on that bid is 10 bucks WTF!

WTF does a used item have import taxes????
Does customs get this money F%$# no! I called, they have no idea WTF I was talking about. Plus we dont get charged customs on small value items and that depends on what it is!

This is lazy americans to fat and to dense to get off their fat asses and go to the post office and fill out a card. Plain and simple. For FATmericans its all about pushing buttons from the convenience of their sofas.

This is the best

"This was in a promotional e-mail I got from eBay: "Remember, the Global Shipping Program is not only a fast, easy way to grow your international sales -- it's designed to keep you protected as a seller, too. If an item gets lost or damaged in international transit, any negative or neutral feedback left by your buyer will be removed. And if an item turns out to be undeliverable, eBay will take care of it for you and your buyer with no worry to you."

I don't agree with that part about negative feedback automatically being removed. If the item gets damaged during the trip from Pitney Bowes in Kentucky to the buyer, obviously it's PB's fault and the seller should not be negged because of that, especially given that PB repackages the items. But if the item gets damaged on its way from the seller to Kentucky due to the seller's own inadequate packaging, PB will say it was already damaged when they received it and will not cover it, and in that case the buyer should be able to leave negative feedback against the seller because of it."

Well, Im going to add import taxes on my auctions going forward for fatmericans. Like Mencken said" One will never go broke underestimating FATmerican taste"
Old 01-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #26
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Has nothing to do with laziness. They still have to go to the post office to mail packages. They are being influenced.

Ultimately, it's a big money making scam by eBay and Pitney Bowes and Canada Customs to force consumers to pay for customs fees up front even though 99% of the time they would never get charged anyways.

At the same time they offer incentives to the seller, the promise of better protection and conflict resolution. They are influencing the sellers for their own personal monetary gain. Most sellers wouldnt question it since its free to them.

eBay is a corrupt corporation. Is this not borderline lobbying? (I think thats the political analogy?) But somehow, Canada Customs knows not to double charge these packages so they are in on it too. I'm sure they get a huge kick-back from this scam.

As a heavy ebay user, it's really ruined the eBay shopping experience for me as that's how I make many of my purchases. It's just another reason not to buy from American sellers. I'd rather deal with non-US International eBay sellers than pay the false import charges.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:39 PM   #27
Nugundam2.0
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron75 View Post
As some else pointed out earler in the thread, If I'm interested enough in the item, I've been asking the seller to amend the shipping options in the listing and cancel the GSP on the item. I have had mixed success with this aporoach. I hope this is helpful.
I have had no such luck. Although I have been a rebel and started letting them know. Most from what I have seen dont give a shit. So "Unwatched" Even after I sent them threads from the UK to Canada and many youtube links. Americans are like bubbles. Anything outside of that bubble doesn't exist. So let them have it. I guarantee that they will suffer sooner than later as judging the reaction in the UK they are also dumping US sellers like hotcakes.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #28
Nugundam2.0
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Has nothing to do with laziness. They still have to go to the post office to mail packages. They are being influenced.

Ultimately, it's a big money making scam by eBay and Pitney Bowes and Canada Customs to force consumers to pay for customs fees up front even though 99% of the time they would never get charged anyways.

At the same time they offer incentives to the seller, the promise of better protection and conflict resolution. They are influencing the sellers for their own personal monetary gain. Most sellers wouldnt question it since its free to them.

eBay is a corrupt corporation. Is this not borderline lobbying? (I think thats the political analogy?) But somehow, Canada Customs knows not to double charge these packages so they are in on it too. I'm sure they get a huge kick-back from this scam.

As a heavy ebay user, it's really ruined the eBay shopping experience for me as that's how I make many of my purchases. It's just another reason not to buy from American sellers. I'd rather deal with non-US International eBay sellers than pay the false import charges.
Again Canada Customs is not aware of this shit. And if this ever became public then people would loose their shit. Cause you can cross the border and as long as your within your limit, you dont get charged tax.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #29
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

These are the kind of things that have made eBay my destination for cheap stuff from China, only. elastic bands for my daughter, nail caps for my cats, cheapo iphone cases, etc. That is about it. And selling...they are taking 10% plus the PayPal %. Its sickening.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #30
Nugundam2.0
Beasty

You just cant help the american simeans. Their like our retarded uncle you keep miles away.

The program was sold to them because they could not track the package... Really WTF is this then for my purchase of Perfect Effect Aranea

Tracking Number: CF014175......
in-transit

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

• Priority Mail International Parcels

Features:

• International Parcels

Date & Time
Status of Item
Processed Through Sort Facility
CANADA
January 26, 2014 , 11:11 am
Customs Clearance
CANADA
January 25, 2014 , 11:04 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
January 25, 2014 , 10:54 am
Arrived at Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
January 23, 2014
Electronic Shipping Info Received
and canada Post

2014/01/2813:22MISSISSAUGAInternational item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post

2014/01/2611:11MISSISSAUGAItem has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

2014/01/2511:04USJFKA,USAInternational item has left originating country and is en route to Canada

10:54USJFKA,USAInternational item processed in originating country

2014/01/2313:2811364,USAInternational item mailed in originating country

Cant be tracked MY muscular ASS it cant! Fatmericans. Your dumb ass retarded uncle!