Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Transformers On Ebay

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #21
onecoin
Banned
Re: Fansproject City Commander, TFX-03 Add-on set, Hasbro Classics Ultra Magnus, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 View Post
As usual I dont agree with you at all again lol That auction shouldnt have been closed due to the local sale, the seller should have bitten the bullet and told the local buyer to bid on it on ebay and meet the local buyer IF he won the auction. (The local buyer could have gotten lucky and got it for a lower price)

Its none of my business but its still unfair to put something up on ebay and cancel the auction because he found a local seller to BIN. The auction in question should have had a BIN if that was his intent. With ebay, you can get lucky and have people get into a bidding war and shoot said auction's final price to more then you expected.

I cant say that was the intent of the auction, but if you really wanted to sell it, the B/S/T thread on cy.ca and or TFW would have worked out nicely without the mess that followed this auction. Once something is up on ebay it should stay up, no ifs ans or buts about it.

Im sorry for the rant, and Im not flaming anyone, but this type of thing really grinds my gears lol

CJ
How's this. When you have a $400,000 house, that you need to sell and you're asking $370,000 and the only bids you get are less than $340,000. I hope Ebay forces you to sell it to the highest bidder.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #22
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69
Re: Fansproject City Commander, TFX-03 Add-on set, Hasbro Classics Ultra Magnus, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
How's this. When you have a $400,000 house, that you need to sell and you're asking $370,000 and the only bids you get are less than $340,000. I hope Ebay forces you to sell it to the highest bidder.
Here we go again... Your house theory is like comparing apples to bowling balls

CJ
Old 05-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #23
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 View Post
Here we go again... Your house theory is like comparing apples to bowling balls

CJ

That makes no sense. Both the toy and houses are put through regulated auction procedures. Both like almost everything, fluctuate based on opportunity, condition and availability. If you forgot that fact. I can understand. While I can see a bowling ball being auctioned off, I can only think of a few cases where an apple might be auctioned off. Maybe if Justin Timberlake bit it? So I cannot see where your argument holds any validity. If you insist on making logic from nothing I suggest reading a few LSAT manuals, there is a dedicated procedure to handling logic based arguments.

In the term of this toy or a house. your point of view is from a buyer. But in most cases, unless there is a "handshake" transaction or is bonded like a traditional auction house, the potential buyer has no rights until money(s) are exchanged, until that point the property belongs to the owner (the seller) and is subject to their discretion.

Oh and here is a link to some LSAT stuff if you are interested. http://www.testprepreview.com/lsat_practice.htm
Old 05-18-2010, 01:22 AM   #24
CyberMnky
Animated

The process of selling a house and something on ebay are NOT the same thing... Selling a house is not auctioning it off. You are exchanging offers with a buyer. If an agreement is reached then a sale made. If an agreement is not reached then no sale. You even make that point in your argument thats its a sale.

As for eBay - Lets flip this around - you have something on ebay and I'm the highest bidder. With 1 day left I find the same item being sold locally. Should I be allowed to cancel my bid then?

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 AM   #25
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

Quote:
Um, that's exactly how auctions work. If you put something on the auction block you are bound to sell it no matter what the price. Clearly you've never been to an auction.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:05 AM   #26
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMnky View Post
Should I be allowed to cancel my bid then?
Ebay has an "End" button. So yes.

Last edited by onecoin; 05-18-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #27
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
wait, it does?

I never knew that.

on a side note, while I do believe this wasn't cool, least everyone who is bidding is no longer bound to buying this item. I'm sure the highest bidder would still be angry if he/she was forced to pay for something they'll never end up owning.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #28
CyberMnky
Animated

Quote:
I have never seen any "End button" on something where I was a bidder... They even have a warning that you are agreeing to buy the item if you are the highest bidder when you confirm a bid
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay-confirm.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	5673

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

Old 05-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #29
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMnky View Post
I have never seen any "End button" on something where I was a bidder... They even have a warning that you are agreeing to buy the item if you are the highest bidder when you confirm a bid
Attachment 5673
That's because it doesn't exist.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #30
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

I remember buying an Octane figure that I ended up did not want to buy because the shipping was just ridiculous (1.8 times the cost of the figure) and I had to buy it because of the terms and conditions. I did it, and now have a lovely incomplete G1 Octane that cost me $50.

Anyways, yeah, according to ebay rules, if you bid on an item and win, you have to buy it.

And why are we still discussing this? The guy who did this has apologized.
Closed Thread