Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Collection Regrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
But she also gave away my comic book collection. Now, I had a very extensive Marvel collection, with some really cool comics. We're talking first appearance of Venom, first Gambit, Spiderman fighting the hulk with those special powers, plus tonnes of old X-men comics, etc. There were five or six full boxes. She sold them all without my knowledge to a local comic shop for $25 per box. Now, I don't blame my mom, cause she didn't know any better (even though she should have). What I can't stand is how the comic shop owner took advantage of her not knowing. There were mint comics in there worth $25 alone. I'll never forgive that guy.
That guy sounds like a douche. I'll add my comic book childhood story. I don't remember what I did, but I must have really pissed my mom off that she confiscated my collection (these were loose, before I knew bags and boards existed). She hid them really well (I checked all her usualy hiding spots), and a couple weeks go by with no sign of these damn books. I go out onto the balcony one afternoon and low and behold I find them in a cardboard box... a soaking wet cardboard box (it had been raining for a few days). Not one single issue was spared the damage.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #12
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i took my whole collection (300 figs, mostly hand-me-downs lol) to a comic shop and sold them all for $50, about 10 yrs ago, lol. big regret

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #13
tripleb
an icon of evil

not Tfs, but my vintage GI joes, back about 12 years ago I gave them to my cousin who was 7 at the time. he played with them outdoors in the grass, of course he didn't take care of them like I did, and he left them outside and one day his father mowned the lawn, didn't see the Joes cause the grass had grew up over them and he chopped all my old Joes to bits! so sad!
needless to say that my cousin never got any of my other vintage toys!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis

I regret that my parents gave my brother the toys and when he offered them to me, years later, I turned him down.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

I Just regret not getting serious about collecting earlier in life....5 years earlier would have been perfect.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #16
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Ugh,

I can remember when I was a teenager and I was really into Star Wars. I traded a guy a bunch of older Transformers for a Expanded Universe Mara Jade. Mara Jade was VERY valuable at the time so I thought I was getting a great deal. Most of the figures were junk like McDonald's Beast Wars and Micromasters, but included in the lot were

-G1 Hot Rod (not in the best condition, but still)
-G1 Small robot that goes with Thunderwing
-The first version of Beast Wars Airazor

God, I'm still kicking myself for this one. I was about 14 at the time and didn't really care about Transformers. I thought Airazor was the last TF I would ever buy. God I was dumb.

Mara Jade sells for about 6 bucks on Ebay now.

Cheers!
-Ian
Cheers Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
PrimeReviews
Looking For Lost Trailer

i think i threw out my g1 topspin once, i also used to twist the rubber bands in my gi joes until the bands broke

also i traded my g1 soundwave to my friend for a small batman figure :0 when i was like 7 but last month i gave him 10$ for him 12$ for optimal optimus and 5$ for a energon rodimus, oh how much did that guy love beast wars those were the times...

Check Out My Reviews At:
www.youtube.com/primereviews
XBL Gamertag:
IanPrime

Looking For My Lost Trailer, If Found Call:
555-ABOT, And Ask For Optimus

PrimeReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #18
Pascal
Banned

I regret buying and selling the same toys multiple times. I happened often in the past 2-3 years. Buy it, sell it, buy it again, sell it again, buy it again... So much money wasted. Also a lot of money on figures I didn't really want from Armada, BW, BM, Energon and Cybertron...

I regret selling my G1 Victory Saber the most.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #19
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

How about spending all the Chinese New Year lucky money and pocket money on Gundam models, video games, dating, etc. instead of buying more G1 TFs during my teenager years in HK? All those "cheap" Japanese releases that are now hard to find and expensive... I have seen it all but I was so "grown up" at the time I shouldn't buy TFs like my little brother, right? Darn I was so wrong!

Not really TF related but I really regret that my brother and I gave away all those original Machine Robos and GoBots years ago. We almost have the whole set, all 50-60 of them.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:50 AM   #20
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

I remember my mom giving away a whole storage box full of TF and G.I. Joe's because I needed space to grow my CD collection. Don't get me wrong, I love my 350+ CD collection... but man, I should have fought to keep that box!!!

I still kick myself on a regular basis for that!!!

K.
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote