Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 01:12 AM   #11
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
Re: A3U vs Henkei

You know, I wonder if they have the same supplier Metropolis Toys has in Edmonton...

Metropolis got some Grimlocks in a couple months ago with another shipment, but they haven't received the rest of their shipment yet for some reason. And they're supposed to be getting the Henkei figures in.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:04 AM   #12
Incepticon
Double Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I love A3U, but at this point, why not just cancel the order? As far as I know, you don't get charged until the item is in stock, right?
Wrong. I was charged for everything once the order was finalized - and that's always been the case. As far as I know, BBTS are the only ones that let you pre-order without paying until the items are actually in stock. Needless to say, I'm sure a few of us would have otherwise cancelled our orders long ago if we didn't already pay for them. It's not a matter of us just sitting here for 5-6 months because we can't or don't want to order from elsewhere.

Quote:
So just cancel and order from another retailer?

Or better yet, if you're in the lower mainland, just go to Richmond and hit up the stores there.
That's not really the point. If I wanted to order from someone else or wanted to spend an entire afternoon driving around & blowing money on gas, I wouldn't have placed the order in the first place. Add to that, I made this order months before I even moved to Vancouver, so the fact that I happened to move here and now live in the same city shouldn't bear any relevance.

I don't mean that to sound rude, but it's just not as easy to resolve as you're suggesting. And even if it was, we as the customers shouldn't have to go through the motions to make it happen - not after everything else we've already been tolerating: pre-paid items not showing up, no updates about stock or shipping status, no replies to emails... nothing but dead silence and a lot of jumping through hoops to ever get a vague response. It's nothing against Spencer as a person, but as a business with nil customer service, I'm not sure how much more diplomatic & patient we're supposed to be. Plus they just opened a second physical store location, so it's not like this is a one-man basement operation that should be afforded endless allowances. Them being busy with the new store, going to conventions on the other side of Canada or whatever else really shouldn't be our problem or come at the expense of any customer, no matter how you cut it.

Maybe if more people spoke up, it would help improve things. But from what I can tell thus far, we're almost not supposed to say anything because Spencer is a local buddy, a forum sponser, etc. Even so, it shouldn't bypass what the customers expect from the very business they've chosen to support.

Last edited by Incepticon; 07-14-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:39 AM   #13
C_Shewins
Robot Master

A few of my friends pre-ordered some Revoltech Rodimus and Starscream online together, they never get their stuff(they paid already). Try to get a refund, and they say there is a 15% restocking fee... but he has preorder since February. Everywhere already got their Revoltech Rodimus and Starscream, lol The funniest part is my friends are at BC, still have to get their stuff ship in Vancouver, so I dont' know.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:23 AM   #14
astrana
Nexus Maximus

sorry to hear these horrible experiences. all the store I buy from BBTS & HLJ always charge only if the items are in stock. Also if u buy revoltech from HLJ using SAL shipping, it comes down to 23 CND each, which is cheaper than most of the place I see online (excluding shipping) Even thou they are setting up the new store/ware house, things should not be delayed more than 2 month. when HLJ moved their entire company, shipment were only delayed for 3 weeks max. I never bought anything from A3U, but if bunch of people are having delays or payment issues (charged before shipping) it seems a little freaksy..
Old 07-14-2008, 07:36 AM   #15
Batman
The Dark Knight

I stopped shopping at A3UP ages ago. I have bought from them about 3 or 4 times. Everytime there is some sort of delay. If I buy something in stock, I will be lucky to get it in about 6 weeks, with about 3-4 emails.

Everyone should use AUTOMATON TOYS !!!!
They get Takara products in stock very quickly. They emailed me the day Omega Supreme made it to their Warehouse, and sent it out the next day. They charge flat shipping in Canada, and they provide you with a tracking #. Also Mario is a very cool guy and has always answered any emails I sent him. They are my favourite online retailer now.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #16
dees
Beasty

That's weird you guys haven't received your things yet. I didn't buy my henkeis from A3U, but I was at the store 3 months ago and I saw that they had 4 Henkei Megatrons behind the counter and the dude said it was for the preorders. Guess there wasn't enough for everyone.

My friend's dealing with the revoltech fiasco as well.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #17
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I had a similiar delay with the Revoltech Hot Rod, SS and WST Dinos Sludge/Swoop that was also pre-ordered back in Feb timeframe.

However I got them last week, so chances are good others should be getting these soon.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 07-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #18
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustajesse View Post
Everyone should use AUTOMATON TOYS !!!!
They get Takara products in stock very quickly. They emailed me the day Omega Supreme made it to their Warehouse, and sent it out the next day. They charge flat shipping in Canada, and they provide you with a tracking #. Also Mario is a very cool guy and has always answered any emails I sent him. They are my favourite online retailer now.
Only problem is they didn't exist until recently. Most of the issues happened before the Automaton age.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #19
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

I have an order waiting as well from Feb. as well for Henkei BB and two of the KO Acura Alts. Been holding off on e-mailing b/c they always come through with the goods.

I understand your frustrations guys and hope you get a reply from Spencer regarding this. I think we would all like to know where our stuff is

Last edited by Tech Spec; 07-14-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #20
Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dees View Post
That's weird you guys haven't received your things yet. I didn't buy my henkeis from A3U, but I was at the store 3 months ago and I saw that they had 4 Henkei Megatrons behind the counter and the dude said it was for the preorders. Guess there wasn't enough for everyone.

My friend's dealing with the revoltech fiasco as well.
Thats just wrong. And if they were for pre orders why the heck were they sitting behind the counter and not shipped off already?

I feel bad for everyone waiting. Henkei Wave 1 came out a couple months ago and all the other online guys have had them for awhile. I got my Prime and Starscream back in April or March I think from TFSource, same thing with my revoltech Hot Rod and Starscream. I don't know if you guys can get a hold of him or not, but cancel your order if you can. Can you file a Paypal claim or stop payment on your Visa? He also pissed a lot of people off about MP Megatron as well.