Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-24-2023, 01:31 PM   #11
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising
Re: Legacy Menasor Gift pack thoughts?

This is sort of why I'm waiting on figures now. Marvel Legends had the VHS X-Men tbat are ongoing, but now they'll be releasing X-Men '97 versions of those same molding tweaks (no badly done cel shading deco this time) by Fall or so.

We're probably at the point where if you don't care about a specific character or characters you can probably just pickup one iteration of a unique mold and leave it at that. Unless you're going ham collecting seekers or lambros.

The funny part regarding Menasor is that I remember having his G1 version, along with Breakdown. I think I had Hot Spot, Streetwise, and First Aid too. One would think/would've thought I'd jump on grabbing those.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:42 PM   #12
Covain
Machine War

I would have preferred if they'd held off on the G2 releases in the Wal-Mart Exclusive lines and done a full G2 set instead of re-releasing this. It's good for people who didn't get it but that's about it IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing them release an empty G1 style box for people to purchase similar to what they did for the last MP trainbot. Do full tech specs for each of the 6.
Covain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:51 PM   #13
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covain View Post
I would have preferred if they'd held off on the G2 releases in the Wal-Mart Exclusive lines and done a full G2 set instead of re-releasing this. It's good for people who didn't get it but that's about it IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing them release an empty G1 style box for people to purchase similar to what they did for the last MP trainbot. Do full tech specs for each of the 6.
It's rough because shadowstrip was already hard to find. Deadend is shortpacked. Who knows about breakdown and wild rider or menasor. Going to be fucking brutal to complete the full G2.

I didn't realize this set wastoy deco. I probably will pass, but I prefer toy deco over animation for the stinticons...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 04:53 PM   #14
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

They really training people not to buy their products on release and wait for the possible better figure....because they keep pulling this trick. Toss in a ton of Hasbro "custom" or "fan fiction" figures in recent waves that have never seen a panel in a comic, scene in a film or any other piece of media and none stop repaints that leave people burned out.

Last edited by RansakWORK; 07-24-2023 at 04:55 PM.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 06:14 PM   #15
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
They really training people not to buy their products on release and wait for the possible better figure....because they keep pulling this trick. Toss in a ton of Hasbro "custom" or "fan fiction" figures in recent waves that have never seen a panel in a comic, scene in a film or any other piece of media and none stop repaints that leave people burned out.
Eh a lot of those figs are all sold out.

But also yeah.

I wonded if they will do ss86 dinobots box set eventually. I would have said nah to five leaders in a box, but I would not have thought they would do menasor either considering it includes a commander.

Old 07-24-2023, 06:26 PM   #16
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Eh a lot of those figs are all sold out.
Sold out?

Evolution where most of this is happening hasnt even hit retail past Gamestop. Bulkheads, Arcees, Crankcases filling local walmart shelves. Local transformer retailer and sponser of this site always has shelves of generations figures when i go to his store.

You will always have the people who buy everything regardless of what that is. The majority of people do not shop this way though.

See anyone talking about fossillizers? have prices shot up on them on ebay?
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 02:30 AM   #17
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
Sold out?

Evolution where most of this is happening hasnt even hit retail past Gamestop. Bulkheads, Arcees, Crankcases filling local walmart shelves. Local transformer retailer and sponser of this site always has shelves of generations figures when i go to his store.

You will always have the people who buy everything regardless of what that is. The majority of people do not shop this way though.

See anyone talking about fossillizers? have prices shot up on them on ebay?
ohhhh okay. I get what you were saying now; I had in mind more of the comic-based or more niche but in fiction characters. Yeah the Skullgrin/Crankcase/Pointblank wave is... not moving.

I dunno. Armada Hotshot? Seen once. A lot of the voyagers, Inferno, Tarn, Leo Prime? Hard to find. I dunno man.

Old 07-26-2023, 01:26 PM   #18
Lcs2006
Generation 2

Is this a Hasbropulse exclusive? If so, I am worried that they may not ship to Quebec like they are doing for the most recent MPs.
Lcs2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 01:48 PM   #19
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcs2006 View Post
Is this a Hasbropulse exclusive? If so, I am worried that they may not ship to Quebec like they are doing for the most recent MPs.
Yes... I think usually pulse exclusives will show up on TSM and A3u. It's the Walmart or Target exclusives that are rough.

Old 07-26-2023, 02:31 PM   #20
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Man such an easy pass. Love the idea of the toy deco/mold in a toy style gift box for those that prefer it, but I've been trying to stick to cartoon deco stuff so I'm happy to pass and know I'm not missing out or feel like I was tricked into buying individual releases. The individual ones are exactly what I wanted compared to this.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote