Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #31
Fussion
Generation 1
Fussion's Ebay Auctions
Re: TF you wanted the most a as kid but couldn't have till you were older

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Yes, yes and yes.

My Parents HATE that I collect toys and comics. I rememeber when I was in grade 6 or 7 I started going to this comic book store in Midnapore. It was called Comic Haven. Soon after that the store was going out of business and the guy was selling every comic for 25 cents.

My brother and I used to tell my parents from that day on that every comic that we bought was only 25 cents and part of the sale. They bought the story for a while, but when the store finally closed we just strait up lied to them and never told them about what we bought.

It got worse with toys...
I remember back in 85 I told my parents I didn't want money for allowance anymore . I told them that since my allowance was $5 a week, don't give me anything for 3 weeks and just buy me an Autobot car (wheeljack, mirage etc.) That's how much they were back then. Man if only my parents listened to me I could of been retired by now
Old 07-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #32
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I totally would have been paid in toys if I had that option..
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #33
Nightshade83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Yes, yes and yes.

My Parents HATE that I collect toys and comics. I rememeber when I was in grade 6 or 7 I started going to this comic book store in Midnapore. It was called Comic Haven. Soon after that the store was going out of business and the guy was selling every comic for 25 cents.

My brother and I used to tell my parents from that day on that every comic that we bought was only 25 cents and part of the sale. They bought the story for a while, but when the store finally closed we just strait up lied to them and never told them about what we bought.

It got worse with toys...
My Mom's actually okay with me collecting comics, because she knows how much they're worth. Also, when I get my IDW Transformers, Doctor Who and Catwoman comics every month, I also pick up Spiderman for my little brother, which is pretty much the only thing he reads, so that scores major brownie points with Mom.

She was a kind of pissed off when I first started my Transformers collection. She had a fit when she caught me buying Robot Replicas Frenzy at Zellers, but she's warmed up the idea recently. She even asked me how TF Con went and wanted to see all my toys, spending an hour trying to Transform Target-exclusive Movie Starscream. And, of course, she has absolutely no problem with the Transformers my boyfriend buys for me

Decepticons? I've survived Unicron AND being a Headmaster ... TO A WHINY LITTLE HUMAN BRAT!!!

My Transformers fanfiction: Vapour Trails ,
Prayer
Devart page: http://violetlight83.deviantart.com/
Nightshade83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #34
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

G1 Megatron.

It turns into a gun so my parents never allow us to get one. I was longing for one since its Microman depute! I finally got mine when Takara re-issued it the first time almost 7~8 years ago. In fact I bought three in the end: 1st Takara re-issue, black Microman colored e-Hobby re-issue in TF box and Collection series book-style box re-issue.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:18 AM   #35
MomofTFfan

My parents didn't believe us girls should have "boy" toys. We were all born in the 70's. Though my grandma gave me a car one year. And my younger sister got a Transformer. Both my 8 year old son and 4 year old daughter have Transformers . I can't imagine telling my daughter she can't have a "boy" toy. She'd beat me up! The cool thing for me is that I get to take those TFs out of their packages so get a little play time in before the child realizes what I am doing.
MomofTFfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #36
Hound
Robot in Disguise

ANY transformers!

As a kid I collected G.I.Joes instead of TFs. It wasn't that I didn't like TFs but my parents said I could only collect one kind. It was my mom that did the shopping and she liked buying them nearly as much as I liked receiving them.

Twenty years later and I've finally gotten around to collecting TFs (along with my younger brother) with the movie line and the discovery of the alternators line. (Anyone wanting to sell any alts please PM me).
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #37
Incepticon
Double Agent

Shockwave was the big one for me. I never saw it in a store, and the only person who I knew that actually owned it was some British kid living down the street. It took me until about 2 years ago to finally get one from eBay.

Jetfire was another one that I never saw in stores, but I knew multiple people who had it. Due to it essentially being a Robotech figure that looked nothing like the cartoon version of Skyfire, I never bothered to hunt it down... but always kinda wanted it. I finally grabbed it when I bought Shockwave since the 2 always went hand in hand as far as I was concerned.

Fort Max was a holy grail for years, especially since I didn't even know it existed until well after it was released & discontinued due to me falling out of the fandom around the Headmasters era, but I still haven't bought it.

Those 3 cover the ones I never had as a kid, but equally time consuming was tracking down all the ones I used to have but lost over the years: Soundwave, Megatron, Predacons and virtually all of the '84/'85 Autobot cars & Decepticon jets. Thank god for reissues.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote