Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
Predaking4Ever
Banned
Re: What Comes After DoTM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
It's very early to start thinking about this, but what will be coming, toy-wise, after the movie trilogy is wrapped up?
With luck, no more movie garbage.
Predaking4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Lots of chug and Reissues please, no more movie toys. Won't happen, but I can dream.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #13
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

Maybe they'll make more Bumblebee variations!! Just what we need!
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #14
Goji_tron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I am going to be completely blunt and honest with you guys.

Transformers Films have consistently raked in the big bucks. Sure RotF suffered some major backlash due to the writer's strike and certain (we'll call them 'flawed') choices by some members of the creative team.

Provided this third installment in the film franchise blows all expectations out of the water and delivers an action packed adventure that not only the general public can get behind, but we fans can live with as being great though probably not perfect because let's face it, we're fickle and nothing will ever be PERFECT to us.

Then I foresee that Hasbro most probably will consider the possibilities of further films in the franchise. Until it stops making money for them I don't see how they could ever NOT make a Live Action TF Movie now that the cat has been let out of the bag.

That being said, Cloudhopper, I doubt seriously they'll consider starting an entire different continuity. They may choose to limit the references to the first three films in their fourth installment and maybe take us off Earth to Cybertron for Movie Four, but I highly doubt they'd scrap the already invested time AND ESPECIALLY money in this franchise just to please people who have been iffy about it.

Movie design aesthetics will remain constant - it costs a lot to render them in CGI and I doubt seriously that anyone will be modifying that at any point. So no Movie 4 with G1 aesthetics or even Classics/Universe/Generations designs.

I could see them maybe considering a new director for Movie 4, with perhaps a different cast entirely for any humans involved. But I'm not too sure. Still I highly doubt that Shia LeBouf (SP?) wants to spend another twelve years or something portraying Sam Witwicky. (Provided the Live Action film franchise can pull a James Bond and last even that long.)

Heck if the rumors are true about Ray Park portraying Snake-Eyes in TF3 we could see a Joe/TF crossover done at some point. Who knows.

So it all boils down to this. Movies, probably gonna last past number 3 if 3 pulls a roll-reversal and gets the GP really interested again. Not sure how far it'll go past movie 4 if it manages to reach that far.

Movie aesthetic toys will continue to be made until Hasbro no longer earns any investment on it.

Toylines and Cartoons will take a backseat to the Movie Franchise. But will still be made perpendicular to the Movie series.

G1 managed a good five years before decline set in. We've only had three years so far of Movie related stuff, two more possibly three are all but guaranteed, provided one cruicial fact. $$$ continues to come pouring in for these things from all sides.

And like I said, there isn't going to be a Continuity Re-Boot or even a Soft Reset, because the money it takes to create the CGI characters is detrimental to such a development. So no blocky G1 goodness in Live Action any time soon. Although I would love if Hasbro would get off their duff and make a Classicsverse inspired DTDVD or two with the Classicverse toy designs being used.
If they do make a fourth movie, I will suggest for them to include the Dinobots, Combaticons, including Brawl to be returned back to the film, Bonecrusher, The Fallen, Frenzy, and Barricade. Protectobots and Jazz are optional. If they don't make a fourth movie, I hope they will make tie-in-fictions or prequel stories to this while hopefully including my suggested characters. Characters like Barricade and Bonecrusher deserve some more screen time.
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #15
Protoman
The Legend

Nothing movie wise.

Just like Star Wars after Episode 3, the focus will be shifted.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #16
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

moviewise, I hope a new director,writing staff and actors.
Toywise, I hope they continue the classicesque figures.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #17
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I'm pretty sure they'll be more movies. Maybe not in this continuity or with the current "cast" of characters, but unless the third film somehow manages to not make back the money it cost to make, they will be making more Transformers live action movies.

Toy-wise, I'm sure TF:Prime will eventually get a line, and Classics will continue in some other newly titled line. Movie-esque toys will show up inbetween the films and Zellers will continue to get in Target's exclusives at a ridiculous mark up. They be my predictions.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #18
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I'd say 2-3yrs of Prime stuff mixed in with generations. If the 3rd movie makes a ton of money.... hahaha... IF... WHEN the 3rd movie makes a lot of money. They'll make plans for some sort of reboot in 5yrs time, just in time to kill the Prime cartoon, esepcially if it's good. Then we'll start the cycle all over again. Basically what I'm saying is they'll do a spiderman.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #19
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Actually guys, I think after this film transformers will be over....

hah
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #20
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Nothing movie wise.

Just like Star Wars after Episode 3, the focus will be shifted.
And the public will forget?