Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #31
Buhawi
Ang Alamat
Re: A bit... underwhelmed by it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
just wait until the 30% and 40% discounts to start and then get them I saw the whole line in Brantford and other than the kreons I wont spend full price on any of the movie figures there are so many of them it is not like generations where the store may only get one case assortment for some reason Hasbro loves their tf movie toys and they will clog the shelves for at least 1.5 years for just wave 1
this.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #32
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I really like them, I'm pretty happy so far.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #33
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Three words: Takara Movie Advanced

Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #34
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

you're right.
glorified repaints should add some sheen to this line.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #35
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions

I remember buying quite a few figures when the first movie came out and I saw them at the store. I didn't particularly care about too many of the characters, but it was just exciting to see the new movie figures and have my hands on them.

In contrast, on the weekend I didn't pick up anything I saw. I was kind of tempted by Slug, but another thing hit me - it looked so tiny. I may pick up the dinobots on a sale, if I bother.

The only characters I really plan on picking up are Galvatron and Lockdown and those are more for the names than the designs. I'm kind of disappointed Galvatron doesn't at least have his iconic crown styled head.

Oh well, hopefully the movie will change my mind on some of these guys, but right now - meh.
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #36
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstewling View Post

Wow, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I agree with you.
Well, we are talking transformers... not Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by there_is_a_martens View Post
Sorry gents, but I have to disagree. I was genuinely excited when I walked into TRU and saw their huge TF display. Heck, even my wife went through TRU a day before and called me to tell me about all the toys. She was geeking out over, especially the Leaders. In her words, "I like that they're shiny!" Anyways, bought Voyager Prime and Grimlock and waiting for Hound and Galvatron.
Well that cool. I'm happy that there are some people who are enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkroar View Post
I remember buying quite a few figures when the first movie came out and I saw them at the store. I didn't particularly care about too many of the characters, but it was just exciting to see the new movie figures and have my hands on them.

In contrast, on the weekend I didn't pick up anything I saw. I was kind of tempted by Slug, but another thing hit me - it looked so tiny. I may pick up the dinobots on a sale, if I bother.

The only characters I really plan on picking up are Galvatron and Lockdown and those are more for the names than the designs. I'm kind of disappointed Galvatron doesn't at least have his iconic crown styled head.

Oh well, hopefully the movie will change my mind on some of these guys, but right now - meh.
I think you hit the feeling right on the head. Previous lines have been a varitable buffet of transformer goodness. I even rememeber when Cybertron first hit stores, SO many different figures to choose from. And while the current offerings are pretty solid, do we really need a Leader Class and a Voyager version of Grimlock?
I really have to question Hasbro's decision to release the same character at the same time.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #37
pandaprime
aficionado!

the packaging is confusing to me. I am having difficulty picking out the deluxes from the other simpler figures.

Most of the figures seem smaller. I actually mistook voyagers for leaders and vice versa....maybe i need new glasses...

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #38
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

I saw a whole bunch of these at my local Walmart today. So I got a real close look at them. I don't know, I love the dinobots and I'm dying to see the movie. I have a whole detolf dedicated just for dinobots. But I couldn't get excited about these, not even if they were half price.

Couple things that irritated me about these "dinobots".

#1. Why are the "dinobots" all different rainbow colours and not like the actual movie?

#2. What's with these bastardized names, Slug? Strafe? Slog? Slug is a snail isn't it? Slog just sounds silly. Strafe is a supposed to be a Technobot.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #39
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I saw a whole bunch of these at my local Walmart today. So I got a real close look at them. I don't know, I love the dinobots and I'm dying to see the movie. I have a whole detolf dedicated just for dinobots. But I couldn't get excited about these, not even if they were half price.

Couple things that irritated me about these "dinobots".

#1. Why are the "dinobots" all different rainbow colours and not like the actual movie?

#2. What's with these bastardized names, Slug? Strafe? Slog? Slug is a snail isn't it? Slog just sounds silly. Strafe is a supposed to be a Technobot.
1) They are going after the Power Ranger market
2) I guess most are not the same dino types as the G1 counterparts or maybe Hasbro lost the trademarks?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #40
Johnstewling
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Well, we are talking transformers... not Star Trek
Very true