Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-16-2019, 10:13 PM   #171
ngnaw
Armada
Re: Amazon.ca Deals

IMO he's a voyager and not worth $52.97.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:52 AM   #172
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337w422102 View Post
I don't know, man, I'd rather just get a KO MP Shockwave for about that price.
It's a different thing altogether.. MP is for the looks and details but is fragile, and Siege is for "play" and built quite solid, but it does have a LOT of details and extra value with the add-on parts that can be used with the other Siege figures.

It really depends on what you plan to do with him.. as a display only or actually play/fiddle and transform him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone.. sounds like consensus is 52.97 is probably more than what it should cost but still within reason
Consider that the normal price is 70$ and many bought it with the only regret was that it was 70$ instead of 50$, myself included.

At 53$ (rounded) I would have jumped on it, especially once you get it in hand and feel the quality of this figure compared to almost every wave figure for the last 10 years.

I'd say that in the Siege line, he is probably one of the best figure for quality of it, tied with Optimus and Ultra Magnus. Is he perfect? nah, none of the Siege are, but they are darn close, just sad that they are at maybe 90% of "perfect" but feels like the designers went with "well, this is good enough, it'll sell like this just fine".

For this is of course the few empty parts, and some design details that could have been done a bit better, for Shockwave, my biggest pet peeve are the "canons" on the add-on piece that could have been separate pieces that would have movement instead of just molded onto it.

So.. if you were to ask me, do I have regrets at buying him at 70$, I'd say what I stated above.. at 70$ he is overpriced. At 50$ it's actually acceptable and I wish that I would have gotten him at that price instead.. BUT that said, do I regret getting him (regardless of the price dilemma)? Absolutely not, aside my pet peeve, he is a great figure. I got him the first time I saw him, and never saw him again for a good 2 months (about) and that was only once or twice.. so I could have missed him (unless purchased online).
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:21 PM   #173
905soundwave
Robot in Disguise

War for Cybertron Jetfire is now 89.99 pre-order on Amazon.ca
905soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:44 PM   #174
BoNKerS
Animated

Amazon has F'ed up my last 2 Pre-orders I'm going to Pre-Order through TRU
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:02 AM   #175
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
I'd say that in the Siege line, he is probably one of the best figure for quality of it
I agree with that. Comparing the bang for your buck, I actually think he's better than the MP.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:46 PM   #176
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I agree with that. Comparing the bang for your buck, I actually think he's better than the MP.
To be honest, out of the Siege line so far, I'd say that the worse is Chromia, she really feels like this figure was for another line.

And the target master do disappoint as for their size, they really could have been better, more articulation... similar to the micromasters that while leg articulation has been added, it's flimsy and the flop around, and the arms could have been given and elbow.

Like come on, we have Dianauts (Diaclones from the same people - Takara) that are fully articulated and are 10X smaller.

If I was to state another pet peeve for me for Siege (aside the empty parts, which third parties have to do panels so I'm not the only one that's upset about it), is the lack of accessories, weapons, etc. that they could have done...

Heck, the targetmasters used to come with other figures, heck, .. shesss as recent as (legend size of all things) Shrapnel with Reflector, Cosmos withPayload) that are actually better targetmasters as they are micro vehicles or such...

I hate that Prowl didn't come with shoulder rockets, as if they are going with G1 toys retro update, he should have had them.. heck, Sideswipe's weapons are fairly cheap, so I had to get the 3rd party versions that are 100x better.

I know that most have stated their opinion about the prices, and while I do love the Siege line, I do find that for the price, they really should stop being so cheap for such things.. panels for hiding the hands/emptiness when in robot form that Megs and all the other "flip the hands out" have, when a very simple panel that would pop open and close would have given these toys a much better look and feel to them... they did it for Starscream and Optimus, they used to do it in the old series, I hate that they just got lazy and cheap with that sort of thing.

And one last thing, wrists... there is no reason for any transformer (deluxe and up) to not have rotation for their hands.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 06-21-2019 at 05:47 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:39 AM   #177
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

https://www.amazon.ca/Transformers-P...-4-spons&psc=1

Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Swoop (Red) Exclusive $38.95
Sold by RS7 and Fulfilled by Amazon.

I don't know how good of a deal this is, just another place to buy if you can't find it
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #178
Malakhov
Generation 2

Not only siege shockwave is worth the full price, hes worth buying again as galactic man.
Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #179
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Um, no. Siege Shockwave is not worth full price. Shockwave is a small voyager with some extra plastic crap to bump up to a leader price tag.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:18 PM   #180
Malakhov
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
Um, no. Siege Shockwave is not worth full price. Shockwave is a small voyager with some extra plastic crap to bump up to a leader price tag.
Maybe for you, for me and a lot of siege fans hes totally worth it.

Like i said, so worth it that ill buy it a 2nd time around. Just pay a visit on the tfw2005 boards in the siege appreciation thread, most have him ranked at the top mold for the series

Last edited by Malakhov; 07-17-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote