Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #21
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus
Re: So are you warming up to DOTM yet?

It's ok so far. I bought my first HA figure, Sandstorm. He is pretty cool. Powerglide feels kinda meh. I plan on picking up all the wreckers, but will be keeping them MOC. I am interested in the Ark playset, but I have to see it first.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #22
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

i WAS interested in picking up powerglide because he was kinda "generations-y" but the more i looked at him the move "bayverse" he got.

i do still want voyager megs (for some reason i just find him so damn cool) and leader sentinel prime, although with him he'll have to be on super sale or bought second hand or something because i'm not paying $60 for that.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #23
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
i WAS interested in picking up powerglide because he was kinda "generations-y" but the more i looked at him the move "bayverse" he got.
This is what I thought too right from the beginning. I totally have no interest on the DOTM Powergilde, and I was suprised that every Walmart I been to today has their Powergilde picked clean while everything else is warming the shelf not moving at all(good luck Hasbro on your movie merchandise). I rather stay with my legit universe red Powergilde as he is the real classicverse Powergilde. The one from DOTM is totally overrated in my opinion.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #24
CBII
Animated

Nope nothing yet to make me pay full price or even to go to the TRU sale.

It's early and we've haven't seen a lot yet. I want to see the movie first before committing to any figures.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #25
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

Gonna get some voyagers and what not middle manned from the US but not really excited enough to go pay Canadian retail prices. Won't get them for at least a couple weeks if not months, though.

There's quite a few molds I really like that the presentation on just doesn't quite get there. It's weird looking forward to repaints but it feels like the first wave is intentionally lower budgeted.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #26
Hellboy
Alternator

Some of the vehicles are really nice but I absolutely hate the head-sculpts on the Movie figures. I've picked up a few but I seriously doubt I'll be getting many more. Shockwave for sure. Maybe Skyhammer.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #27
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Really starting to like the figures that I thought I would have no interest in; the Cyberverse Commanders. I've gotten Blackout, Powerglide and Sentinel Prime so far, and I love them all. I have Ironhide as well, but I haven't opened him yet. They're all just so fun and thoughtful; small yes, but the only one who's transformation was kinda boring so far was Sentinel. Blackout, IMO, was better designed than his movie one Voyager figure. I hope we see a few more waves of these fellas before long.

Deluxes are kinda...okay. I've gotten Crankcase and Roadbuster, and they're decent, though not as good as the Generations/RTS line was. I picked up Ratchet on sale but haven't broken him free yet. The size difference, honestly, doesn't bother me too much on these guys, seeing as how Deluxes have actually gotten a hellava lot bigger in recent years. I just see it as the Universal Balance kicking in to compensate for huge Deluxes like the Lockdowns and Blurrs.

The Voyager size difference, on the other hand, is a deal breaker for me. Seeing that they had to put in a little cardboard stand inside the boxes to make the figures look bigger is just ridiculous. I couldn't even bring myslef to pick up Megatron on sale. I simply can't shell out more than $20 for these tiny little bastards. Maybe Skyhammer, just because he looks so damn cool.

As for the Leaders, I'll get Sentinel eventually, but the only one I'v seen, at my local TRU, is the cheapass bi-lingual version that only says "Sentinel Prime" when you push the button. I'm not paying full price for a figure with busted electronics. I'll wait for the "I Speak English!" version, just like I did with HFTD Starscream.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #28
sacha88
Machine War

I wasn't necessarily down on the DOTM line, but was just burnt out on movie-verse stuff. With that said, I did buy Blackout, Powerglide and Voyager Megatron, and am very happy with those purchases.
sacha88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #29
Autovolt 127
Animated

I've got Icepick and Powerglide so far.

I'm not still sold on DOTM's movie, it'll probably blow. Atleast the toys are fun this time.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #30
there_is_a_martens
Beast Machine

quite pleasantly surprised, so far. Voyager Megatron is spectacular! There are some issues with scale, but I have him an a shelf with Voyagers Fallen and Payload and Constructicon Devastator, and he is perfectly scaled with them. deluxe Roadbuster was a little meh, but I have him displayed with Recon Ironhide and I'll put the other deluxe Wreckers with them. Personally I love Sentinel Prime, and his alt mode is great and I love the way it looks with the blade and shield mounted up top. He's a little shorter than Optimus, but not enough to distract. Looking forward to picking up leader Ironhide and putting him with my HA figures, as well as Shocky and the other Wreckers!