Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #11
Scrapmaker
Heavy Weapon
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 591
Re: Masterpiece Cordon additional images ? arm cannon confirmed!

It's unfortunate that prices are going up (in perspective, the cost of everything is up, not just toys), but I understand that Taktom has had some financial troubles, and it would just break my heart if they were to go out of business. So, I'm sticking by them and showing my support by buying official products from them. That does mean I need to do things a bit differently though, such as taking advantage of preorder savings from Japanese etailers, forgoing all of the Hasbro stuff except POTP, and cutting way back on 3P.

Proudly preordered. I've got your back, Takara Tomy.
__________________
My Buying/Selling/Trading Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=62426
My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=60284


Looking for:
Dr. Wu DW-P06 Partners (Helmet Ver)
MP-01 Matrix only
Scrapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #12
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Scrapper6's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,271
Re: Masterpiece Cordon additional images ? arm cannon confirmed!

Blame the economy if you think our prices are getting too high for importing, not to mention the danger we face with NAFTA being abolished because TRUMP... I mean seriously, the cost of importing anything is going to be expensive and Japan seems to have been gradually increasing the prices of import figures a lot of late due to the relative status of the Canadian Dollar.

After all we're importing through twice when it comes to exchanging currencies, from CND to US to Yen, which does cause considerable issues when the Dollar is high in US, but low in CND.

It's a huge problem and it's affecting everybody and everything. Luxury items like this are unfortunately going to become more expensive, I buy rarely, so I can handle the occasional splurge on a figure of this quality. Do I think it is too high? Perhaps. Will I stop buying? Considering where I am right now probably in another year or so, so I'm taking advantage of the good stuff while I still can.
__________________
Want:
RID Warriors MOSC Thunderhoof, Ratchet
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #13
Pgianos
Energon
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 861
Re: Masterpiece Cordon additional images ? arm cannon confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
That is a stupid price. I don't buy the arguments about small runs or anything else from a company as big as Tak Tom. 185 is a criminal amount of money.

Sunstreaker was 100 CND through AE. Cordon is 130 CND through AE. Sunstreaker was already a cash grab at $30 US more than the previous carbot released and so this price is now just shy of double.

I'm not interested in diaclone as part of my collection, but I do wonder/worry about upcoming releases that I'd want. I love this hobby, but I'm getting priced out of it.

Thank you. Dude I sentiment. This is a hobby meaning we want to do it as cheaply as possible. The prices have become inflated. I got a taobao account so I can cut costs even more because this is getting ridiculous!
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:58 PM   #14
Pgianos
Energon
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 861
Re: Masterpiece Cordon additional images ? arm cannon confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post

So all in its 225 dollars from A3U.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #15
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Scrapper6's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,271
Re: Masterpiece Cordon additional images ? arm cannon confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
So all in its 225 dollars from A3U.
Really? Huh, that wasn't what my invoice listed, then again I chose the Pre-Order option, perhaps the Shipping wasn't included then, oh... duh, different Provinces, different Taxes. My bad.
__________________
Want:
RID Warriors MOSC Thunderhoof, Ratchet
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:45 PM   #16
oroboru
Generation 2
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 152
Re: Masterpiece Cordon additional images ? arm cannon confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Blame the economy if you think our prices are getting too high for importing, not to mention the danger we face with NAFTA being abolished because TRUMP... I mean seriously, the cost of importing anything is going to be expensive and Japan seems to have been gradually increasing the prices of import figures a lot of late due to the relative status of the Canadian Dollar.
Isn't NAFTA between North American partners only? Why would this affect us buying stuff from overseas? It's not like it passes through US borders.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:45 PM   #17
Pgianos
Energon
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 861
Re: Masterpiece Cordon additional images ? arm cannon confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Really? Huh, that wasn't what my invoice listed, then again I chose the Pre-Order option, perhaps the Shipping wasn't included then, oh... duh, different Provinces, different Taxes. My bad.

No no my bad I thought shipping was 12 it is 6...so its 220 ish with taxes and shipping... :/
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #18
predahank
Storing is hoarding
predahank's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: vancity
Posts: 1,448
Re: Masterpiece Cordon additional images ? arm cannon confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
No no my bad I thought shipping was 12 it is 6...so its 220 ish with taxes and shipping... :/
still a rapey price
hopefully these guys go on clearance like road rage and delta magnus
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #19
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Scrapper6's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,271
Re: Masterpiece Cordon additional images ? arm cannon confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboru View Post
Isn't NAFTA between North American partners only? Why would this affect us buying stuff from overseas? It's not like it passes through US borders.
Yes, they are between North American partners, however that doesn't belie the fact that things are changing or in danger of changing and tariffs and junk are still going to be an issue. On top of that I have no idea how A3U get's them, but I will admit that there could be something there.

Also, the NAFTA thing isn't that big of a deal for importing, it's the exchange rate that's causing us more problems... I brought NAFTA up as an example of how things could drastically alter even a few months from now should things collapse. The exchange rate however is still shit and we're going Pay CND for US dollars to pay Japan exporters in Yen because I don't think third party sellers get stuff straight from Takara and I'm not sure if you can pay CND to YEN for importing stock from Japan... I have no idea then, maybe I'm completely off, I don't run a business after all so I have no idea what the hell the cost to import the stuff even is.
__________________
Want:
RID Warriors MOSC Thunderhoof, Ratchet
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:53 PM   #20
oroboru
Generation 2
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 152
Re: Masterpiece Cordon additional images ? arm cannon confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Yes, they are between North American partners, however that doesn't belie the fact that things are changing or in danger of changing and tariffs and junk are still going to be an issue. On top of that I have no idea how A3U get's them, but I will admit that there could be something there.

Also, the NAFTA thing isn't that big of a deal for importing, it's the exchange rate that's causing us more problems... I brought NAFTA up as an example of how things could drastically alter even a few months from now should things collapse. The exchange rate however is still shit and we're going Pay CND for US dollars to pay Japan exporters in Yen because I don't think third party sellers get stuff straight from Takara and I'm not sure if you can pay CND to YEN for importing stock from Japan... I have no idea then, maybe I'm completely off, I don't run a business after all so I have no idea what the hell the cost to import the stuff even is.
A3U probably gets their stuff from Japan, just like my buddy does for his store.

http://bigpfeiffer.com/

Try emailing him and asking for a quote. I guess if there is enough of an interest for this item, I could convince his ass to make a profile here and he could deal with y'all directly.

I'd ask myself, but I really have no interest in this deco.

As for exchange rate, the entire world is tied into the US dollar, so I hear where you're coming from. I know when you're in the actual country, exchange rates are typically better than what we get on the Interwebs here.. of course, that doesn't help us at all.

What also doesn't help is the 3% or whatever it is service fee that most of us pay for For Ex.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Transformers Shopping








Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.

Transformers on eBay.ca!
Transformers
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS PEPSI CONVOY TWIST OPTIMUS PRIME Factory SEALED
Transformers
MEGATRON MASTERPIECE MP-5 w/ UPGRADE PACKAGE
Transformers
Transformers Optimus Prime original art for Rocawear shirt by Keron Grant
Transformers
Transformers
Transformers CHUG Generations Classics Henkei Universe Tokyo Toy Show Lot
Transformers
Transformers Beast Wars Lot

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.