Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #21
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician
Re: MP-22 - arriving

slow three months for you maybe I have gotten alot in the past little bit
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #22
Oberon Prime
Beasty

I've stuck with HLJ ever since I ordered MP-20 Wheeljack from them. I like many are cheap and go with the SAL no tracking option.

Jackie took exactly 20 days.

The Sentinel Optimus Prime Pen I ordered from them came through about a week quicker.

MP-21 shipped Nov 28th. And by my count today is Day 21. So longest shipment from HLJ thus far, but I'm not surprised given the time of year. Just hoping that it makes it to me by the 24th, as it is a Christmas present... For myself true. But its nice to have something to open.

As far as I've seen HLJ does not invoice ahead at all. If the product is in their warehouse and cleared for sale then that is when you get your payment due notice.

If what has been said is true then I'm not expecting anything until the 27th. And assuming I move ahead on it I will continue to use the cheapest shipping available so I don't think I'll be seeing him until the end of January.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #23
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
Challenge to bring mp22 in b4 the new year...accepted.
I look forward to that picture...

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #24
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeCron View Post
I look forward to that picture...
And I look forward to the tracking number you'll give me the minute it shows up.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #25
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
And I look forward to the tracking number you'll give me the minute it shows up.

No problem Pascal... oh forgot to mention it... your shipping charges are increasing...Like I always say... NOTHING IS FOR FREE!!!

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #26
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

Ha ha ha!
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #27
zfarsh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post
I've stuck with HLJ ever since I ordered MP-20 Wheeljack from them. I like many are cheap and go with the SAL no tracking option.

The Sentinel Optimus Prime Pen I ordered from them came through about a week quicker.

MP-21 shipped Nov 28th. And by my count today is Day 21. So longest shipment from HLJ thus far, but I'm not surprised given the time of year. Just hoping that it makes it to me by the 24th, as it is a Christmas present... For myself true. But its nice to have something to open.

As far as I've seen HLJ does not invoice ahead at all. If the product is in their warehouse and cleared for sale then that is when you get your payment due notice.

If what has been said is true then I'm not expecting anything until the 27th. And assuming I move ahead on it I will continue to use the cheapest shipping available so I don't think I'll be seeing him until the end of January.

Mine shipped from Anime Export the same day as you, and I just got it today via SAL. Yours will probably come on Monday. Weird there is no tracking number.

Anyways, I prefer AE because you can mark down the value (thus less chance of tax/duty), and i prefer paying for item right away, especially when I am afraid exchange might be working against me in the future.
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:26 PM   #28
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post

As .
I'm in the same boat. Hope it comes Monday.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:55 AM   #29
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfarsh View Post
Mine shipped from Anime Export the same day as you, and I just got it today via SAL. Yours will probably come on Monday. Weird there is no tracking number.

Anyways, I prefer AE because you can mark down the value (thus less chance of tax/duty), and i prefer paying for item right away, especially when I am afraid exchange might be working against me in the future.
I have cosidered the benefits of paying right away and sometimes I'd like to do that, and others I'd probably wait. Does AE give you a choice or is it just pay right away?

See I went with HLJ because I don't always have the money to spend on something right away that could take months to be available. So paying when it comes in works best for me most of the time. And also because they use PayPal and don't require a Billing Agreement meaning if the timing of it becoming available is poor or real life makes it impossible for me to keep the preorder I have a buffer that lets me bow out of the preorder when it comes in. So far I haven't had to, but its good that I can.

I did not originally intend to preorder MP-22 at all. I was sticking to just the nice affordable cars for my MP import needs. Figured Hasbro was the way to go for the larger MP's. Got their versions of MP-10 for $100 and MP-13 (and I supposed MP-15 and MP-16) for $89 on sale. Even got lucky and snagged their rerelease of MP-08 in the US for $60.

However pricing on their Prowl and YoTH OP as well as Sunstorm tells me that at least if you can grab them from a place like HLJ that even the larger MPs can be obtained for at least break even cost compared to what Hasbro would likely charge going forward. And so between original Takara releases retaining and increasing in value better than Hasbro along with the uncertainty of a Hasbro release at all (not to mention the difficulty obtaining them) got me thinking hard about abandoning my original policy that I only import the Cars.

I expect to get some cash for Christmas so that will work out well for when MP-22 will allegedly become available.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:27 AM   #30
zfarsh
Armada

@Oberon Prime,

Yep, you have to pay right away, or within a day or two, otherwise you lose the preorder with AE.

Ok, MP Bumblebee, really love it. It is so damn small, and yet looks great. The hollow arms can be well hidden and don't bother me, nor the wrist swivel (I thought they would bother me). I would say that Wheeljack is the better value overall, and probably the best MP Car, but if I had to keep one MP other than MP-08, it would be MP Bumblebee, because I simply love his size and look, and playability and ease of transformation, though I do feel I have to be more carefull with Bee than Wheeljack, as not to get paint rub, where WJ there is no fear. Still, be packs up a good punch, and honestly, other than MP Mirage, I would really love to see more MP Minibots.

Last edited by zfarsh; 12-20-2014 at 02:31 AM.
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote