Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 10-22-2021, 01:40 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Hasbro Pulsecon 2021 ? Transformers Panel Recap

The Hasbro Transformers Panel at Pulsecon 2021 just wrapped.* Read on to check out the caps and stay tuned for notes!

The post Hasbro Pulsecon 2021 – Transformers Panel Recap appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 10-22-2021, 02:06 PM   #2
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Hasbro Pulsecon 2021 ? Transformers Panel Recap

Laser Prime looks pretty cool. Although he feels small compared to the original one. So far, all of the reveals I feel like I want to buy, but I might skip Prime Arcee... Still want to know more about Menasor, but I really feel it will be TV show "cars on arms" design to justify a commander Motormaster... Very curious!
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:09 PM   #3
Napseeker
Generation 2

Was looking forward to seeing Dragstrip... but that ugly shoulder kibble has really killed my enthusiasm for this update. It's more cartoon-accurate, but I don't feel it's significantly better than the CW version, at least not for what Hasbro is going to charge for him.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:22 PM   #4
joedick
Generation 1

Anybody know how the translucent Galvitron is getting released? Is it Pulse exclusive or fan channel?
joedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:31 PM   #5
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

I'm not really feeling these. Not sure why. Doesn't feel like a leap forward, doesn't feel like status quo... not a full regression... more like a step backwards rather than forwards?

I'll probably get Dragstrip, maybe Kickback. Skids for the completionist in me. Prime nailed their toys back in the day, so I feel no need to buy inferior versions. Laser Prime's head seems too big to me.

Maybe it's time for me to slowly start getting out of the game?
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:33 PM   #6
Philtastic
Beasty

So is the Reformatting Galvatron a Pulse exclusive? That wasn't clear. Also it's not on the Pulse site yet.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:38 PM   #7
Marcotron
Robot Master

So, Menasor as a combiner is going to have Motormaster as a commander class?
So, $120 plus $35 per limb, means $260 for Menasor. Slightly more than a titan class figure currently. I guess that's not as bad as the SS Michael Bay Devy. Not great though, considering the combiner boxed sets were around $130.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:50 PM   #8
joedick
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
So is the Reformatting Galvatron a Pulse exclusive? That wasn't clear. Also it's not on the Pulse site yet.

I'm wondering the same thing. They only mention Pulse when talking about the pre-orders, and the packaging doesn't say 'Selects' which leads me to think it's not fan channel.

Weird that it's not billed a PulseCon exclusive but is going up at the same time. I think it's normal for the non-con exclusives to go up right before the member pre-orders open.
joedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:42 PM   #9
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Prime Arcee is definitely a step below her FE toy, but might be a better fembot mould than the Earthrise Arcee design that they've been using lately. If they retool/redeco it as Elita-1, etc. I might get that version, but I'll be passing on this initial release.

Drag Strip seems better than the CW version, but I've never been too interested in Menasor. If they keep releasing these combiner parts and they're compatible with the CW pegs and ports then I might eventually assemble bits and pieces of the two lines into one combiner.

Laser Prime fakes his entire torso, just like the original. I was hoping that they'd do an upscaled version of his RTS version since that one at least had real chest-windows. To me, Laser Optimus Prime was just an articulated Prime released during a time when articulated Transformers were rare, and I never really had any attachment to the design in itself. If the new version had a clever transformation scheme then I might have picked it up just to have a long-nosed G1 Prime, but I've got no reason to get this one. Maybe if they do a Scourge redeco.

Kickback is Kickback. Seems like a good take on the design, and I don't have the G1 Insecticons in my collection, but if I see the Legends versions cheap around the time this guy comes out I might just get those instead. The Insecticons were important enough in the original show that I'd like to have versions of them, but at modern Deluxe prices it would cost more than $100 to get these versions and I don't know if I want them that much.
Skids is a good representation of a boring design and Bulkhead is a crap version of a character that I already have a much better version of.

EDIT: Also, Drag Strip looks like it'd make a decent "Fracture". If they do that then I'll probably get that version. Maybe they could release it with redecoed versions of Groove as Cy-Kill, Vortex as Cop-Turr, one of the Aerialbots as Fitor and maybe Silverbolt as Thruster.

Also, did anyone notice Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime on the side of the box? I doubt that they'll re-release the Commander version in this line, but maybe they have an actually-a-Deluxe version of Hot Rod planned.

Last edited by Whisky Tango Foxtrot; 10-22-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Whisky Tango Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:09 PM   #10
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post

Also, did anyone notice Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime on the side of the box? I doubt that they'll re-release the Commander version in this line, but maybe they have an actually-a-Deluxe version of Hot Rod planned.
Now with new sword = Leader class (probably).
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote