Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
If you think the Siege Deluxe at $29.99 is absurd...

Don’t get me wrong I absolutely hate the price increase but to put it into perspective we are not being gouged the most. Just saw this at Walmart today... two little 6” figures for $29.99?! I don’t care if they are the mightly Black Widow and Ryu... just absurd. Sign of the time I guess?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	320DA439-09A2-4B04-AF0B-6DA86DE888EA.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	42530  

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #2
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: If you think the Siege Deluxe at $29.99 is absurd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Don’t get me wrong I absolutely hate the price increase but to put it into perspective we are not being gouged the most. Just saw this at Walmart today... two little 6” figures for $29.99?! I don’t care if they are the mightly Black Widow and Ryu... just absurd. Sign of the time I guess?
Yeah, I was always wanted the Ryu from this 2 pack, but $29.99 is absurd. They will go on sale because the Megaman/Ironman 2 pack of the same line went on clearance a little while ago.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:43 PM   #3
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Those are actually 3 3/4 inch figures but that is a ridiculous price as the quality of those figures have gone down dramatically in recent years As have articulation for most of the figures in hasbros 3 3/ 4 inch lines. A single figure is now $17.99 when they were 9.99 5 years ago, Hasbro is really doing the screw job to Canadian collectors.

$80 Canadian for voyager shockwave is a big slap in the face to Canadian collectors, their pricing structure is forcing alot of collectors out as many won't pay those ridiculous prices for retail quality figures and world rather pay a little bit more for a 3rd party offering.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 01-13-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:12 PM   #4
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Yep no thx, the boys r constantly disappointed as their tf breaks in their hands. Only minutes later ...total Hasbro trash
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:40 PM   #5
JLvatron
Chosen 1

In the words of Galvatron,
"Don't be Absurd!"

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:47 PM   #6
Crobot91
Metroplex

Yeah, I'm scared to see what the upcoming 2019 Marvel Legends will retail for at Wally's and TRU.

$30 plus tax is already pricey for a single ML figures with a BAF part.

At least the TFs frequently go on sale so you can reduce the $30 price for deluxes and $40 price for voyagers to a somewhat reasonable price, especially if TRU does those x3 coupons again.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #7
lifedragon99
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
Those are actually 3 3/4 inch figures but that is a ridiculous price as the quality of those figures have gone down dramatically in recent years As have articulation for most of the figures in hasbros 3 3/ 4 inch lines. A single figure is now $17.99 when they were 9.99 5 years ago, Hasbro is really doing the screw job to Canadian collectors.

$80 Canadian for voyager shockwave is a big slap in the face to Canadian collectors, their pricing structure is forcing alot of collectors out as many won't pay those ridiculous prices for retail quality figures and world rather pay a little bit more for a 3rd party offering.

I thought those were the 3.75 inch figures, 29.99 for two 6 inch figures would actually be a good deal. One figure is usually 29.99. It's why I don't collect Marvel Legends, too expensive.

Problem is people are willing to pay the prices so they will continue to sell them at this price.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:47 PM   #8
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post

Problem is people are willing to pay the prices so they will continue to sell them at this price.
I'd rather say that the real problem is that you have true collectors for the love of the actual figures, then you have "collectors" that buys, never unwrapping them as they buy for the money for resell later on (including multiples). Then we have the scalpers that get everything that they can when they believe will be hard to get and sought after, pushing prices up even more.

When you have a collector that walks in a store, and can't find anything because the unwrapper and the scalpers was there 20 minutes earlier leaving with a carefully of the figures, it SUCKS.. (for those that want to argue this, don't bother, I seen such with my own eyes)

So then the collector ends up having to spend 25 to 200% or more, and the market sees this.

So Hasbro and Third parties lower their production, increase prices because they know that there's all this going on....

So actual children and their parents get screwed as these are toys after all, and then the normal collectors end up screwed also.

They worse part is that figures have gotten cheaper, suffer from emptiness syndrome, cheaper plastics (and I know some on here will have a brain aneurysm and will want to contradict this, but more and more threads have been about the cheap plastic, breakage, etc. bad engineering, etc. so it's a fact, learn to love it), while they drive the prices up, crying about prices of production going up, yet are making the same or more money than even.

I just cracked myself and got the two leaders at full price at EB Games as I cannot trust that they'll show up in main stores soon or it at all, including that they might (and probably will) but could end up being impossible to get if stock/production is low and the scalpers and such are hidden in the bush, as I've seen the leaders already going at 30-70% inflated prices on eBay and other sites.

But, like comics books that faced a very close call with going out of business, and at some point this will probable happen with the toy/collectable market, collectors will buy less and less, then none.

Even myself, after over 40 years of collecting, I know that after siege, it will take something amazing to get me to get anything new as I'm reaching that edge of "this is enough"... and have been considering selling part of my collections off.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-13-2019 at 11:10 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:33 PM   #9
python
Alternator

I think a bigger problem is the folks who only want the figure at 50% off and then cry scalper wolf when someone offers them what they want at retail or a few bucks more.

I appreciate that you saw Metroplex on Sale for $50 at Costco 5 years ago on a Monday for 30 minutes before they sold out - but offering me $40 and then calling me a scam artist when I say no is laffy-bull

***generic you - not anyone in this thread to my knowledge
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:57 PM   #10
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Personally I'm thinking of switching to collecting Video Games only, at least I get more enjoyment out of them these days and they 'USUALLY' don't break as easily. Then again who knows... I haven't bought a single deluxe figure yet and while I want them I could see myself not getting anything other than Micro Masters and Battle Masters.