Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #31
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian
Re: Tell me I'm wrong...

If you feel like selling them, sell them.

The 84 G1's are relatively easy to track down and Encores/Reissues are plentiful.

I would keep Optimus Prime though. Everyone loves Optimus Prime.

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 03-06-2010, 02:36 AM   #32
onecoin
Banned

You're so wrong, its right
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:06 AM   #33
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

I've been in a similar situation a few times, now. Sometimes having boxes and boxes of toys that you know you'll never really be able to fully display again is just discouraging, and when there isn't any fiction that really supports your hobby, it can get stale a bit. I do find that having people in your life (whether online or offline) who share your interests is a major factor in your level of enthusiasm for something (shared experience I suppose!), so maybe try G1'ing it up with some other collectors when you're feeling down about it?

Cheers,
BT
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #34
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Just because I don't look at my transformers often (mostly boxed) does not mean I don't still enjoy/want them.

That said, I have gone through periods where I have not bought or thought about transformers for years, and then "rediscovered" their coolness later.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #35
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i did the same the year before last, but the feeling came back with animated

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #36
Powered Convoy

I think I might have discovered a solution...I've got G1 Megatron right in front of me on the computer desk...and it's way easier to appreciate how cool he is this way rather than having him collect dust on a shelf somewhere. I'll do the same with each 1984 toy.

It seems a little more interaction is important

I think part of the problem is also that it's almost necessary to buy stuff every month or so to keep that "hunting" mentality of a collector. Without cash and/or anything to buy...there's no chasing down anything.

I can still recall sitting for hours in a used bookstore, sifting through about 1000 unorganized comic books and finding half a dozen GI Joe issues from the Marvel run (this was in 1997, before reprints). It's debatable exactly how "cool" this is but I certainly was excited to find those issues. I suppose part of growing up is not having the free time and money to do such things anymore.
Powered Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #37
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Keep the toys.

Go watch Beast Wars or the 1986 Movie.

Then remember why Transformers CAN be awesome. Don't you DARE watch Season 1-2 of G1 with hopes of trying to figure out why TFs are AWESOME as a grown adult.
I dunno man, The original G1 Transformers was always my favorite stories, although I hadn't seen most of the eps in 20 years.
After you lent me your G1 set (and I got the Matrix DVD set) I've watched almost all of Season 1 & 2, and it is JUST AS AWESOME as it was in the 80's broadcasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered Convoy View Post
I suppose part of growing up is not having the free time and money to do such things anymore.
Yah unfortnately. While I find myself thinking about TF's all the time, I still need to make time for other things to appreciate TF toys.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #38
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered Convoy View Post
I think part of the problem is also that it's almost necessary to buy stuff every month or so to keep that "hunting" mentality of a collector. Without cash and/or anything to buy...there's no chasing down anything.
Don't give up on the hunt just because you don't have money/don't like the current line. I did that for RID, Cybertron/armada/energon and I find it very hard to follow any discussion about that series, and I can barely recognize the characters.

I'm not really a movie fan, but I still drop by stores and post sightings if for no other reason than to help the rest of the people on these boards.

That and it always helps to know what's out there, so I can follow converstions when they come up on the boards.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #39
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I felt the same way when RID and armada came out. "meh and more meh....why am I collecting these things...I never look at them anymore...why am I still buying them..." then energon came out with combiners and that really pulled me back in...although it was when the series was almost over and I only caught some eps on rerun and missed most of the combiners because my walmarts suck. cybertron, classics,universe and a bunch of animated figures and things look better now. I'm not a big fan of the bayverse movies but the "off screen" figures are great. Don't get rid of your faves just yet. Give the new show a try and see what the new year holds for the brand, you never know your spark just may be re-ignited.
Til all are one.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote