Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #61
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
Re: TFCon 2015 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

I'm wondering if the Cullen meet-and-greet sessions could've been divided into even smaller sections. For example, sessions 1/2/3 each taking an hour each on Saturday in the AM, sessions 4/5/6 again an hour each on Saturday in the PM, etc.

That way, any attendee can be assigned to a smaller timeslot, so that there's less time spent just waiting. Don't get me wrong, the waiting area with the chairs, the G1 episodes, and the helpfulness of the staff was much appreciated. But, for example, in my case, I got into the waiting area around 10:45am on Saturday, but only got out of there at 12:40pm.

It would've been nicer to say that, for example, an attendee's timeslot would've been between, say, 12:00pm and 1:00pm, which would mean that they wouldn't need to get there as early, and they'd only in line with 30-ish people, not a line of 100+ people.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #62
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
The need for the 2nd hotel location should be a one time thing, as there was a block for the Pan Am Games taking up space in the hotel this year.
The Four Points Sheraton was REALLY nice! I enjoyed staying there much more than the Delta/Hilton. I don't know, maybe the Hilton has renovated their rooms since they took over from Delta. It always seemed like they were renovating whenever I stayed there. I didn't stay there this year or last year, so maybe the rooms have improved, but I wasn't overly impressed with them in the past.

My only complaint is that the Quest bar staff was terrible as ever. It wasn't even busy and it took forget to get served. I couldn't even get a refill! $3.25 for a Coke and no refill? Rip-off! Definitely going to be eating out next year.

That and a lot of the dealers' prices were retarded. But TFCon obviously can't dictate to dealers what to set their prices, or what the Loonie is at. Which seemed to be the excuse for why a lot of dealers were charging 2, 3, even 10 times the original MSRP.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:07 PM   #63
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
I'm wondering if the Cullen meet-and-greet sessions could've been divided into even smaller sections. For example, sessions 1/2/3 each taking an hour each on Saturday in the AM, sessions 4/5/6 again an hour each on Saturday in the PM, etc.

That way, any attendee can be assigned to a smaller timeslot, so that there's less time spent just waiting. Don't get me wrong, the waiting area with the chairs, the G1 episodes, and the helpfulness of the staff was much appreciated. But, for example, in my case, I got into the waiting area around 10:45am on Saturday, but only got out of there at 12:40pm.

It would've been nicer to say that, for example, an attendee's timeslot would've been between, say, 12:00pm and 1:00pm, which would mean that they wouldn't need to get there as early, and they'd only in line with 30-ish people, not a line of 100+ people.
Organizationally, that's a good idea.
But could slot assignments conflict with panels a person wishes to attend?

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #64
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
My only complaint is that the Quest bar staff was terrible as ever. It wasn't even busy and it took forget to get served. I couldn't even get a refill! $3.25 for a Coke and no refill? Rip-off! Definitely going to be eating out next year.
I found the servers there quite nice. The hotel has gone down hill since last year. Last year we had ceramic coffee mugs. We bring our own coffee and a brew thingy to make single cups and all they had was paper. I asked them for ceramic and their response is "we find it easier to do paper cups" my response was "I prefer ceramic." I had to go down a second time to get them to send the mugs up, otherwise I would borrow them from the quest.

I also believe something - relatively insignificant but I liked it all the same - was stolen by cleaning staff when I forgot to leave the pissoff and leave me alone card on the door.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #65
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Emperor View Post

If you're going to charge me to take a photo with a guest, at least try to do a good job at it - or better yet, have it done professionally. What I observed was a "good enough" mentality - blindly point and shoot with little consideration for composition and what should not be in the background... perhaps I'm far more nitpicky than most people and have high standards for what I think constitutes a good photo-op.
I can assure you I did not have a "Good Enough" mentality. One of my main things that I love getting done is photo ops, and I can assure you that I tried my absolute best for everyone to get the best photo possible (Even asking several people I couldn't tell from their camera's to please check if the photos were in focus after the photo was taken).

I made sure I tried to get a very close-up and intimate photo for everyone and tried to take Multiple shots whenever I could so people could have a couple to choose from.

If I wasn't even trying to do a good job with it, I would have just stood from across the room and stayed in the same spot and clicked one photo and moved on.

I will admit it was a real challenge to operate and take photos with over 350 different cameras this weekend and I can understand that not everyone will be 100% happy with their photos, but to imply that I wasn't even trying or a "good enough" mentality is simply not the case.

The TFcon staff do read these posts and always take suggestions into account for future events. Also keep in mind this was our first ever "VIP Guest" experience so of course there will be things to change in the future.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:44 AM   #66
Beechy
The Veteran.

Best. TFCon. Yet.
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:57 AM   #67
Swedish
Chef

I have enjoyed every TFcon that I've had the pleasure of going to. My favorite parts are the Script Auditions and the Live Script Reading. I always enjoy this part and this year was even more fun for me, since I was able to attend the auction on Friday and that let me have a lot of fun at the Auditions.
Swedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:59 AM   #68
RageD
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Emperor View Post

If you're going to charge me to take a photo with a guest, at least try to do a good job at it - or better yet, have it done professionally. What I observed was a "good enough" mentality - blindly point and shoot with little consideration for composition and what should not be in the background... perhaps I'm far more nitpicky than most people and have high standards for what I think constitutes a good photo-op.
Even though you are upset with your photo, was it really necessary to attack his credibility and integrity to get your point across?

The same point could have been made without insinuating that he didn't care how they turned out.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:19 AM   #69
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
That and a lot of the dealers' prices were retarded. But TFCon obviously can't dictate to dealers what to set their prices, or what the Loonie is at. Which seemed to be the excuse for why a lot of dealers were charging 2, 3, even 10 times the original MSRP.
That part bugged me, and in a crowded dealer room with little sleep I thought the lowest price was what the dealer was asking for it...
Old 07-23-2015, 08:52 AM   #70
xbrawn
Banned

I thought I was being fair selling a loose complete but wonky grimlock for 25.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote