Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-28-2022, 02:27 PM   #3051
prime
Generation 2
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
According to the website it is also supposed to apply to clearance items as well. Excluding prices that end in 5 and 7.
Yeah, the ad clearly states that.

Even worse, the maximum value of the deal is basically 20% for 2 items (both same price). Which is no different from the black friday sale. The only thing that would make it better is if it would apply to sale/clearance items.
prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 02:29 PM   #3052
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I just went to TrU yesterday and got 2 Origin BB that are on liquidation of around 19$, they came up to about 17$ each after taxes.
Old 01-05-2023, 12:38 PM   #3053
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quick thought

The other day I was in TRU Kingston, they had Draculus on clearance for $52.98

On TRU website, Draculus is $42.48, with the only option being "In Store Pickup"
I just carted a copy just to see if I could select Kingston as the pickup, and it's "In Stock"
(which is true, I was just there, they had like seven copies)

So my thought is - if the store is already clearance-ing this, and you were to purchase an instorepickup online and go get it there, I guess the store can't do anything? just "yup here ya go" cause I suppose the transaction is already complete?

Like I'm wondering if the store would make you pay the store price when you go to claim it, but as I'm typing this I get the feeling the store wouldn't be involved to that degree
I presume the transaction would be "completed online" in advance, and all the store has to do is cough one up

I don't need a Draculus or anything; just thinking out loud
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:04 PM   #3054
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Quick thought

On TRU website, Draculus is $42.48, with the only option being "In Store Pickup"
I just carted a copy just to see if I could select Kingston as the pickup, and it's "In Stock"

So my thought is - if the store is already clearance-ing this, and you were to purchase an instorepickup online and go get it there, I guess the store can't do anything? just "yup here ya go" cause I suppose the transaction is already complete?

Like I'm wondering if the store would make you pay the store price when you go to claim it, but as I'm typing this I get the feeling the store wouldn't be involved to that degree
I presume the transaction would be "completed online" in advance, and all the store has to do is cough one up

From my experience what you complete online is the price you pay at pickup. It's been clearance at $43 at a few stores around me for a long time. Maybe that's an old price tag for him?

I picked one up at Marshall's for $30 during boxing day.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 01:47 PM   #3055
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Quick thought

Did you check what he scans at in store? I'd be surprised if they weren't the same.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 03:07 PM   #3056
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Quick thought

Should work that way. Likely an old price tag anyway as every other store has it at the $43 price. I would check any Marshalls and Winners you have first though. Draculous is commonly $30 there. In my case I got him for $22 at Marshalls in my area.

Last edited by Gaming Turtle; 01-05-2023 at 03:13 PM.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 03:59 PM   #3057
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Quick thought

For store pickup, if you paid online, you simply pick it up, that's about it, they can't hold something because they might have a problem with their pricing.

As far as what the price is online, as far as I know, they should simply adjust the price as they aren't like Walmart, their pricing for item is across all stores and if it's not the same, it's usually someone missed updating the in-store label (in the system too possibly). I'd do a price check first and if it doesn't match online prices, I'd take it to the service desk.

If anything, it's the opposite that I've seen, where a store might put something that isn't online on liquidation in store as it's usually left-over stock at that particular store, and such items wouldn't show up on the site and not be at other stores.
Old 01-06-2023, 03:35 PM   #3058
prime
Generation 2

Quote:
Quick thought

The only legit exception I've seen is where the "In-store pickup" option is just a "hold" where the item is set aside for you for a day or so, but you are not charged at pickup. TRU, along with most places don't do this, but I recall some store did this - in which case the price would be whatever the store wanted to charge you.

Other than that, I have had experiences at Gamestop and the Source where a pickup order was "magically sold" or otherwise "couldn't be located" by the time I went to pick it up. They were either clearance deals or (likely) price mistakes, and I'm pretty sure an employee saw the order sitting around and took it for themselves, or a manger saw the pricing error and just figured it was easier to say the order went missing.
prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 10:24 AM   #3059
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Kingdom Tigatron listing is live again for Home Delivery, $54.99 tho
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../34E87882.html
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 01:29 PM   #3060
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise