Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #1
J.Soundwave
Beast Machine
Cybertron.ca Musicians

Just wondering about my fellow board members and if any happen to play any instruments and or write music. I play guitar mainly myself, have since i was 13ish on and off...I play a bit of bass, keyboards and drums too but not near as much. Also been writing my own songs for some time, nothing serious lately...just recording on my computer mic. (check out youtube.com/tralestrife if interested, just some mellow, slower tunes)

Before that i played in a couple bands, first a three piece called Broken Radio Sound...we got to open/play with a lot of cool bands (mostly fairly local, Iron Giant, Ditchpigs, The Dean Malenkos etc...) and record a 5 track EP. Made it out of the province a couple times which was pretty fun, especially since i was only 16 at the time and getting to play in bars etc. all the time! . The second band i was in didn't last as long but still played a fair amount of local gigs...that band was a 5 piece named WickedcheW (lol, a name i actually borrowed from the character Kyo of SNK fighting game fame, it's a 3 hit type combo of his).

Anyways i'd love to hear if anyone else here has some music to share and/or experiences with instruments and bands etc...Later guys!
Old 06-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Cybertron.ca Musicians

I self taught myself electric guitar for the last 1.5 years. I don't really people for people or in a band, just for my own interest. It's fun, very relaxing.

I pretty much stick to the classic rock that I love to listen too with a few modern hits.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I was in a few garage/punks bands over the years. We released 1 cd and recorded a few other demos. We were never going to become famous, but playing live shows was fun.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
Black Cat
Animated

Was taught to play the clarinet in highschool, and later joined the school band. Was about 15 or so when I taught myself how to play the sax.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
BeeBoy29
Alternator

well ive taken up the acoustic guitar and have been playin for 3 months now. im so failin it though, takes me forever to read a note off a sheet of music then play it on the guitar :/
Old 06-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

I took a guitar class in grade 10 and have been playing on and off again for about 12 years now...wow, never realized that until now.

Mostly self taught. Not the best at reading notes I mostly listen and look at numbers to play. I have one acoustic and one electric, though I need new ones for sure. Play rock of all sorts I guess. I played two live shows a few years ago in a full band, maybe 6 songs in total live. It was really fun though - we rocked it. I might be able to sing but prefer to try in private. But I can play a lot of songs and I mostly do it on my own.

Last song I was trying to figure out was All Along The Watchtower, by Bear McCreary. I think I have it figured out.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis

I, like Black Cat, play a mean clarinet. (B flat, E flat soprano, and Bass, if you wonder.) Squidward is my hero.

I also play the piano about as well as my cats. Four years of lessons...
Old 06-10-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
WhiteRabbit
Wrecker

Used to play drums in an industrial band back in Calgary.

Don't play anymore since I left the group and live in an apartment. :P Don't miss the scene though. For the Calgary metal scene, it seemed good music was only defined by how long and hard you can shred on your instrument until all you're producing is a cacophonous mess. Pass.

Went back to comics like I intended to years ago. 8)
Old 06-10-2009, 01:47 AM   #9
onecoin
Banned

I play the recorder! Hot Cross buns! Hot Cross buns!
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #10
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I played trumpet for a semester back in highschool. I was pretty good at it back then, but couldn't read notes to save my life.

My younger cousin plays electric guitar, and has learned to play a few Dragon Force chords and Riffs by ear.

I always wanted to learn to play electric guitar. My wife has an acoustic guitar, and I've tried to learn on my own a few things. Maybe I should take a few classes. Trumpet was way easier.

Oh, and I always hated the recorder with a passion.

Last edited by Shepp; 06-10-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote