Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #21
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: MP Soundwave on Kijiji... I had a laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Do you think the seller is a member here?
I'd wager half the scalpers are members here, the other half being tru employees.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #22
mAk
Machine War

Not harsh at all, it's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
LOOOL cool man my bad if i came off a tad harsh on the reponse. Honestly it's worth the $200 for this fig. plus thoe cassettes.

They are a fightin' on kijiji!!!
mAk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
DecepticonusPrime
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dawg View Post
I've been getting offers from US guys all week trying to sell me their SW misb on TFW ranging from 160-180 shipped, so they are abundant there. Don't give in to the scalpers. I think hasbro is going to make sure SW gets on the shelves.
That's not a bad price. I bought mine in NY state a couple weekends ago.

Comes out to about $138 CDN taxes/exchange rate in.

I would say wait to see it in Canadian TRUs if you can, to save on shipping, but $160 shipped from the States is by no means a bad price - that's probably about cost, actually.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #24
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

Everyone,

SW is going to be released in 3 waves, this being wave 1, between now and mid-October. The second wave, being somewhere around mid-September, will be more than double as many units as this time (320 units for the country this time around - that's why stores only got 1-2 cases each). The third wave, in-around mid-October, will be the same number as this release, so about 320 units for all of Canada, and will be the final restock.

For the record, I know all of this to be 100% true... as many of you know, my Wife works for TRU in Kitchener and she provided me this detailed info which I have also shown to some of my friends from the boards here (as I saw them) including one Mod who can validate this as authentic, and I provide here to you all as well. Here's hoping everyone gets one (including myself seeing I'm waiting for the 2nd release to see if I can get one as I found out today that all the ones in Kitchener are gone already ).

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #25
pside9
Beasty

Thanks for that ray of hope Bruticus.

I've been checking out the St Catharines TRU so often and was disappointed that I missed out getting the only ones (sold yesterday according to board members) because I was working the afternoon/evening shift. My day off was today which just made it more sour. But this news cheers me up.

The hunt can continue!
pside9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #26
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

are any of those ontario board members ads?
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #27
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Yea good luck with 3 wave releases for an mp figure that has to be the biggest JUMBO I have read so far, the people that work in tru have no idea whats going on, the computers can be so misleading sometimes. Unless it not on the shelf its not in the store yet, the higher end transformers are really hit and miss, has anyone received a preorder yet. Laffy is the only member so far with the best info.

Last edited by Autobot_Orion; 08-16-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #28
isherlock
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
Everyone,

SW is going to be released in 3 waves, this being wave 1, between now and mid-October. The second wave, being somewhere around mid-September, will be more than double as many units as this time (320 units for the country this time around - that's why stores only got 1-2 cases each). The third wave, in-around mid-October, will be the same number as this release, so about 320 units for all of Canada, and will be the final restock.

For the record, I know all of this to be 100% true... as many of you know, my Wife works for TRU in Kitchener and she provided me this detailed info which I have also shown to some of my friends from the boards here (as I saw them) including one Mod who can validate this as authentic, and I provide here to you all as well. Here's hoping everyone gets one (including myself seeing I'm waiting for the 2nd release to see if I can get one as I found out today that all the ones in Kitchener are gone already ).
I kinda see this makes a lot of sense from a business perspective. my friend picked up the empty shipping box with his SW and on the box it shows "ctrl # XX of 600". since there are 2 SWs per box, meaning there should be a MAXIMUM of 1200 units for TRU canada import.

if anyone ever worked in logistics and shipping, they would know that the control number /quantity is the most accurate indication of the maximum # of a certain import is, as they not always fill up to the entire control number maximum. ie it could only go up to #500 out of the 600, meaning only 1000 units were brought in.
isherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #29
Corvicron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
Everyone,

Does that mean that people with pre-orders should be concerned?
Corvicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #30
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvicron View Post
Does that mean that people with pre-orders should be concerned?
It sounds like people who made a preorder has a higher chance to get their Soundwave.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote