Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #91
thaneofcremona
Generation 1
Re: TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metrop

I remember in Ottawa we got in October a new Toys R Us in town and we had plenty of stock for the masterpiece line for both Optimus and Thundercracker. I had walked in one day and literally saw about 20 MP Primes and 35+ Thundercrackers . This time around definitely not going to be seeing anything close to those numbers.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #92
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaneofcremona View Post
I remember in Ottawa we got in October a new Toys R Us in town and we had plenty of stock for the masterpiece line for both Optimus and Thundercracker. I had walked in one day and literally saw about 20 MP Primes and 35+ Thundercrackers . This time around definitely not going to be seeing anything close to those numbers.
Bless you if you had the new ShelfLife app to scan and bounce sightings automatically to the rest of us...there would have been a convoy to Ottawa...lol.

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #93
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
Bless you if you had the new ShelfLife app to scan and bounce sightings automatically to the rest of us...there would have been a convoy to Ottawa...lol.

James
Pun intended?

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #94
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

lol has to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #95
halcyon
Generation 2

Not looking forward to a Soundwave MP hunt. I was one of the lucky ones that got MP-10 x 2 (I actually had 3 but stupidly put one back on the shelf). The search was a terrible experience and the only reason I was able to get one (not even in the GTA area) was because I was on leave at the time. Now that I'm back at work, there's little chance of finding Soundwave so I just picked up the Takara one and will consider it a bonus if I can find a Hasbro.

Metroplex on the otherhand, I can only hope will be a shelf warmer as I'm hoping to get one for myself.
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #96
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
Not looking forward to a Soundwave MP hunt. I was one of the lucky ones that got MP-10 x 2 (I actually had 3 but stupidly put one back on the shelf). The search was a terrible experience and the only reason I was able to get one (not even in the GTA area) was because I was on leave at the time. Now that I'm back at work, there's little chance of finding Soundwave so I just picked up the Takara one and will consider it a bonus if I can find a Hasbro.

Metroplex on the otherhand, I can only hope will be a shelf warmer as I'm hoping to get one for myself.
MP10 was really an anomalous case that is unlikely to ever happen again. If they come out around 30% off sales, MPs are always a little hard to find, but MP10 never even got fully distributed in a very weird and unique scenario, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that every MP will face that unique situation from here on out just because it was the case for Prime.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #97
Window
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
MP10 was really an anomalous case that is unlikely to ever happen again. If they come out around 30% off sales, MPs are always a little hard to find, but MP10 never even got fully distributed in a very weird and unique scenario, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that every MP will face that unique situation from here on out just because it was the case for Prime.
With people taking cases literally off the backs of trucks and given how popular this figure is - I'd say it is likely to happen again.

I expect that you're going to see it pop up for $200 and not find many in stores unless you're lucky.

That is unless TRU tightens up its distribution network and stops allowing people to pull shit like I mentioned above.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #98
joshimus
Metroplex

My concern is how slow FOC SW/SB seem to be selling. Makes me wonder if MP SW will be low quantities because of this.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #99
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I really want that Soundwave, but not sure I want to rely on retail...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #100
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I'm gonna try, and in all honesty I'm probably not gonna want it bad enough to pay much above that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote