Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: POTP impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikformer View Post
- Pretender shells are pretty stupid for this generation (it was ok in the 80's as kids will by anything on cartoons, but these don't have a current cartoon associated with it)
SIRRAH, I WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH YOU

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #12
Pascal
Banned

I for one like the Pretender gimmick, I even hope they would make bigger ones with better articulation for both the shell and the bot inside.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:24 AM   #13
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Not a fan of the original Pretender gimmick, but I like the way they handled it for POTP. I'll be getting them for nostalgia factor, and not needing to spend a lot in terms of dollars and space makes it a plus.

As for what I've seen with the line. I really like the ideas, but the execution isn't 100% there. And from what I see, the reason is they're skimping to save money on production costs. I may be off base on this, but it almost looks like Voyagers are designed like old Deluxes and Deluxes are designed like old scouts, etc. The only difference is size.

I'll be buying the line, but a lot of the stuff looks like it's prime fodder for 3rd party upgrades.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 12-14-2017 at 03:27 AM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #14
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

My Grimlock is floppy in combined mode.
Slag can't hold any mode other than robot. The legs are warped somewhere are always force themselves apart.
Jazz is loose all over - though he looks much better in hand than I was expecting.
Starscreams stickers are garbage, but again, much better in hand than I was originally concerned with.

My Swoop and Dreadwing are solid. No issues there.

So far it's okay, but it hasn't got me going like the first wave of CW or TR.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:39 AM   #15
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
SIRRAH, I WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH YOU
HA HA HA. I'm 50/50 on these things so far. I mean, I like that the characters are at least getting some representation. But on the other hand, I feel like they could have been so much more.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #16
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I’ve only opened Grimlock and Slag so far, but I really dig them. Yeah, Grimmy’s tail is hilarious, but I dig that they pull off being G1 but 100,000 times better than G1 ever was. I mean, come on guys; Slag can actually stand up without falling over! Holy cow! THEY STAND! Can’t wait to get Snarl and have him stand too, lol. But seriously, I’m happy so far. I have zero faith in combined mode but I’m good with what they are so far.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #17
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

I may pass on the Dinobots in this line. They shouldn't be this tiny. Now, if they'd all been designed at Voyager scale, it would be a different story -- especially with the combiner gimmick, which would likely have put Volcanicus at about the same size as Predaking.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:02 PM   #18
Deception
Crossover

i like potp starscreams combined mode a lot. i think the torso is probably the best out of all the combiner wars figures. robot mode is meh and alt is okay.

dreadwind is just a mix match of airraid and skydive with new parts. mine has problems pegging in in arm mode. i still like the figure though.

beach comber is a nice upgrade to the original classics one. a bit beefier compared to other legends but he looks good with them.

i haven't gotten any of the dinobots yet but i do intend to get them in the near future just for the combined form. i'm just waiting on the eventual takara offering and hopefully 3p upgrades before i make my decision.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #19
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
i'm just waiting on the eventual takara offering and hopefully 3p upgrades before i make my decision.
There was a news release from Takara version that their version would be exactly the same as the Hasbro version

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...release/40239/

Last edited by RocketGTR; 12-14-2017 at 02:59 PM.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #20
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
i like potp starscreams combined mode a lot. i think the torso is probably the best out of all the combiner wars figures. robot mode is meh and alt is okay.

dreadwind is just a mix match of airraid and skydive with new parts. mine has problems pegging in in arm mode. i still like the figure though.

beach comber is a nice upgrade to the original classics one. a bit beefier compared to other legends but he looks good with them.

i haven't gotten any of the dinobots yet but i do intend to get them in the near future just for the combined form. i'm just waiting on the eventual takara offering and hopefully 3p upgrades before i make my decision.
I don't strictly mind dreadwind being simple but the very distinctive shins from air raid and skydive drive me crazy in these retools. It's just lazy.

It's unfortunate that they decided to do combiners again. By default, when they also have to function as a limb, the toys are going to be less interesting or complex. TR has some phenomenal deluxes.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote