Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #11
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: eBay Global Shipping Policy is Scrap!

I have tried to avoid it but been forced to use it twice. I've been lucky that the packages arrived fine but were always re routed. Example, I ordered something from New Jersey but instead of coming here was sent to Miami and then flown here. strange and the charges were minimal but pointless and I too was hoping the title said it was scrapped lol
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #12
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

I never have, nor will I ever buy off a seller that has GSP on their auctions... RIPOFF!!!!
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:45 PM   #13
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

"They" invented themselves a job in the middle of the transaction/transportation flow bringing a more than appreciable income. I hope the small time employees make enough/fine bucks/benefits too!

Last edited by B13; 08-11-2015 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Orthography
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #14
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Contact eBay customer service and explain what happened. Maybe you can get your money back. It would be interesting to hear their official response. Item was clearly "not as described".
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:58 PM   #15
CAF
Banned

I haven't used it. But I have had things I ordered from China opened up and resealed. And that didn't bother me. I was actually delighted to see that customs was doing what they should be doing.
But if I was buying something MISB and it was damaged, I would file a paypal claim immediately.
I got some Star Wars carded figures once and the box was crushed. The cards weren't mint to begin with so I never made a claim but Canada Post did have a tag on it saying they would cough up insurance for it if it was toast.
I had a package from TRU left on my doorstep. I wasn't happy about that.
Right now I'm waiting for MP10 and it's been since July 31 and I'm really hoping it wasn't delivered already and walked off. For what I paid, it bothers me I never got a tracking #. I mean seriously?
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:09 AM   #16
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

Has anyones package been left on their doorstep and had it stolen? I get a lot of stuff left out in the open. I ordered a PS4 from staples, surround sound from futureshop, lots of toys from Toys R Us, tons from Amazon and a couple from ebay. Each one of them left the package on my doorstep. Some of these things are well over 500CAD (Electronics), so to loose them would be a nightmare. Thankfully I've always received them, but one of these days some one will look at a massive box on my doorstep that says "Sony" and they'll take it and run. A lot of times they don't even bother to ring the doorbell. I work from home, and sometimes I'll just peek out side and see a package.
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #17
DuG
Titanium

What's your address JohathanKong?

Just an update on my situation, I opened a claim on eBay against the Global Shipping Program and was rewarded a refund.

Sorry this threads name was confused for eBay getting rid of the program. I was just using some transformer slang instead of saying it's shit.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #18
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

GSP can't be blamed for everything. If a package is left at your door and sig is required, that is not the eBay Global Shipping Program. That's Canada Post or CanPar not doing there job. But I agree with everyone that this whole GSP is a huge joke. The money is not even used towards import fees. I don't know how they get away with it.

Glad to hear you got your refund DuG.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #19
ironclaugh
Armada

Where Global Shipping really fails is shipping fees. straight up. I'm looking at 2 small Mighty Max sets right now. 1 would fit in a 4"x4" box (the shipping cost is $19.00). If I were to buy 2 of these sets I will be charged $38.00 shipping and will probably get a $5 refund. We are talking $33.00 to ship something that should cost $14-18 to ship.
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:50 AM   #20
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclaugh View Post
Where Global Shipping really fails is shipping fees. straight up. I'm looking at 2 small Mighty Max sets right now. 1 would fit in a 4"x4" box (the shipping cost is $19.00). If I were to buy 2 of these sets I will be charged $38.00 shipping and will probably get a $5 refund. We are talking $33.00 to ship something that should cost $14-18 to ship.
Depending on where the item is located in relation to the buyer, it also makes no sense to send it to their shipping hub in Kentucky. For example if the item is located in Buffalo or Niagara Falls (US). It's a needless extra cost that the buyer absorbes, not to mention inefficient.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, ebay, selling