Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-12-2019, 07:18 PM   #21
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Siege Springer

Y'all being babies.

Besides. Thrilling 30 Springer >>>>>>>>>than this poo box.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #22
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Many of us are still waiting for the Toy Gods to deliver Siege Springer into the retail outlets so we may exchange our $40+tax and thus participate in this highly spirited debate.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:35 PM   #23
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz101 View Post
not here to stir the pot but I dont understand why anyone would feel the need to apologize for having a different opinion

no one insulted your transfomer skills and if you dont like the toy return it to the store imo
This I agree with. But the last thing I come to TF forums for is to participate in some online flamewar because someone disagrees with my opinion. Best to just post a sorry and move on.

Anyway, still think Siege Springer is a great figure and I think everyone should experience it in whatever way they deem suitable to their own interests. I have both the previous voyager version and the Siege one. I loved the look of the Siege one so much, I went against my usual rule of not doubling up on characters within the same “line” (it’s all Classic-verse to me, some others call it CHUG). But boy am I happy I did pick up this figure. It’s been extremely fun for me.

Last edited by Ozrein; 08-13-2019 at 12:37 AM.
Ozrein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:24 AM   #24
tz101
Machine War

Opened up my springer because of this thread and it’s a sick figure I really enjoy when everything has to line up just so because when it’s all pegged together it is very tight in all 3 modes stellar figure
tz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:38 AM   #25
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Many of us are still waiting for the Toy Gods to deliver Siege Springer into the retail outlets so we may exchange our $40+tax and thus participate in this highly spirited debate.
I've been praying every day
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:56 AM   #26
Ozrein
Stunticon

I preordered early with amazon.com so I was able to get mine in early Aug. It was a little bit more than I’d pay locally but not much since I was able to have it delivered to my US box with free shipping. So even with exchange it was within a dollar or so of buying here and paying taxes. Local retail is so completely hit or miss here, I don’t bother taking the chance if it’s a figure I know I want.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:31 AM   #27
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
I preordered early with amazon.com so I was able to get mine in early Aug. It was a little bit more than I’d pay locally but not much since I was able to have it delivered to my US box with free shipping. So even with exchange it was within a dollar or so of buying here and paying taxes. Local retail is so completely hit or miss here, I don’t bother taking the chance if it’s a figure I know I want.
I'd do the same of I could. If I were have it delivered to my Canadian address, it rang up to $60 (definitely not worth it).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:55 PM   #28
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I'd do the same of I could. If I were have it delivered to my Canadian address, it rang up to $60 (definitely not worth it).
Ya, it's a great figure but not worth paying that much for. I'm lucky that I live close enough to the border to be able to take advantage of free US shipping on some orders. It sucks that shipping is so expensive into and within Canada.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #29
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Too true! ... Anything beyond wave 2 means it can be dicey as far as brick & mortar sightings. Here’s hoping the green bot makes a few more appearances for those of us still looking
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #30
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Y'all being babies.

Besides. Thrilling 30 Springer >>>>>>>>>than this poo box.
I also am on the fence about Springer. Is he good looking enough to replace Generations Springer or not, or do they both have a place.
I had a similar debate with the Titan's Return Blur and Kup replacing their generations versions. It's just a different look and aesthetic.
New Springer does look great, and hopefully I can get my hands on it.

As far as complexity of transformation, that's what I enjoy about these toys. I find myself going back and getting a hold of the ROTF toys exactly for their complexity, despite the Michael Bay movies they came from, some of that line are great, difficult toys. Also, Alternators are the greatest toyline, achieving both a realistic alt mode, and complex transformation, to make a great looking bot.
Generations Springer is a cool toy with a cool transformation. Is Siege version an improvement, I am unsure yet. Maybe they both have a place in my ever-expanding plastic crack addiction collection.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote