Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #11
Jetfire Maximus
Generation 1
Re: Canadian F1 Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Actually, most accidents look much worse than Dale's; but even the tamest 1's can't survive a broken seat belt.
You were there?
Yes, I was there, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvatron
I don't understand what's happening with Kimi. He's a great driver and the Ferrari is 1 of top 2 cars, but his results are weak.
At least Massa looks like he's sincerely trying. I'm sure he woulda passed Alonso if he hadn't DQ'd.
It's called lack of effort. Lack of interest. Lack of Schumacher. I never liked Kimi. I'm giving him until the end of this year, if his results don't improve, before he just completely gives up and heads back home to Finland. Ferrari needs to cough up some cash and steal Hamilton away from McLaren. Given recent reports that both McLaren drivers are starting to dislike one another (a la Senna and Prost), with Alonso already starting up with his usual whining in particular, that might be possible. I'd love to see Hamilton in a red car alongside Massa, who's being coached by Schumi. They'd be invincible!

Oh, and speaking of Senna: 2008...

I'll be there.

Last edited by Jetfire Maximus; 06-14-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Jetfire Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:17 PM   #12
Jetfire Maximus
Generation 1

Vettel's just been confirmed as interim driver for this weekend's US Grand Prix, in place of Kubica, who's flown home to Poland for some R&R.

Last edited by Jetfire Maximus; 06-14-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #13
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Who's Vettel? Is he the BMW test driver?

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #14
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfire Maximus View Post
Ferrari needs to cough up some cash and steal Hamilton away from McLaren. Given recent reports that both McLaren drivers are starting to dislike one another (a la Senna and Prost), with Alonso already starting up with his usual whining in particular, that might be possible.
I don't see that, given Hamilton's career history with Mclaren. It's Alonso who'd leave as Ron would never let his golden Lewis go.

Only way is if Mclaren went downhill and couldn't provide Lewis with a competitive car anymore ...like they did with Kimi for a few years.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #15
Jetfire Maximus
Generation 1

Quote:
Who's Vettel? Is he the BMW test driver?
Yes.

Quote:
I don't see that, given Hamilton's career history with Mclaren. It's Alonso who'd leave as Ron would never let his golden Lewis go.

Only way is if Mclaren went downhill and couldn't provide Lewis with a competitive car anymore ...like they did with Kimi for a few years.
That's all very true, of course, but I said Hamilton, as opposed to Alonso because, well, you know what I think of Alonso...

Suffice to say, McLaren can keep him for as long as they want.

Last edited by Jetfire Maximus; 06-14-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #16
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Haha! Hey, how have the Indy practice times been? I can't check, I'm firewalled at work.

I'm glad Bernie told Indy that F1 doesn't need them or a US race. the Indy organization is completely corrupt and pathetic. Remember when Ralf Schumacher had a bad crash on the straightaway and they waited 5 minutes before sending the ambulance, which was just on the opposite sided of the wall.

Absolutely criminal.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #17
Jetfire Maximus
Generation 1

Quote:
Haha! Hey, how have the Indy practice times been? I can't check, I'm firewalled at work.

I'm glad Bernie told Indy that F1 doesn't need them or a US race. the Indy organization is completely corrupt and pathetic. Remember when Ralf Schumacher had a bad crash on the straightaway and they waited 5 minutes before sending the ambulance, which was just on the opposite sided of the wall.

Absolutely criminal.
Alonso and Hamilton tossed the top spot on the timesheet back and forth a few times, but Alonso ultimately claimed 1st in the end. Practice times don't really count for much of anything, though...

Hamilton took 3rd. Heidfeld and Vettel claimed 2nd and 4th, respectively. Raikkonen's 5th and Massa's 7th. I'm recording Practice 2 on PVR as we speak: I'll keep you posted.

As for the US GP: I couldn't care less whether it stays or goes. Just as long as Montreal remains on the race calendar, I'm totally indifferent. One thing I like about the US GP, though, is the F1 driver interviews that are held in the infield each year and open to the general public. I'd really like to see something like that in Montreal. I'm not holding my breath, though, obviously.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #18
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Thanks for the update! I agree, practice times don't count for much, but it's still cool how high BMW is. Look fwd to seeing Vettel in qualifying.

The only way Montreal could lose the GP is if Bernie wanted it gone. I understand the concerns about the marbles, last year the actual track was breaking apart.

I don't understand the gripes some F1ers had about trouble getting to/from the track. So much traffic trouble is avoided by the public taking the metro, I think they close car access to the public.
Nothing compared to many other tracks with hours of traffic jams, flooding, and mudslide parking lots.

Of course, the looong walk to the seats is another story!

Old 06-16-2007, 01:41 AM   #19
Protoman
The Legend

I forgot, I wanted to share this with you guys. It's Sato's famous pass on Alonso, but in 4 different languages (well 3, but one is UK English ) Anyhow it's a interesting and funny watch "HAITA!" (Faster!) "GAMBARé BRAKING DESU!" (Please brake good!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNGuw7khT98
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #20
Jetfire Maximus
Generation 1

Friday Practice 2 Results:

1.) Alonso - 1:12.156
2.) Hamilton - 1:12.309
3.) Massa - 1:12.435
4.) Raikkonen - 1:12.587
5.) Heidfeld - 1:13.026
6.) Coulthard - 1:13.042
7.) Rosberg - 1:13.057
8.) Kovalainen - 1:13.110
9.) Barrichello - 1:13.144
10.) Jenson - 1:13.202

11th - 22nd is as follows: Vettel, Webber, Liuzzi, Davidson, Fisichella, Wurz, Trulli, Speed, Sato, Ralf Schumacher, Albers, and Sutil.

Qualifying starts in exactly 15 minutes...

In other news, the 24 Hours of LeMans is also this weekend. I was just watching the start. Do you follow that as well?

Last edited by Jetfire Maximus; 06-16-2007 at 12:40 PM.