Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Spacemonkey
Energon
Why people return stuff without telling the problem?

I bought Universe Ultra Onslaught this afternoon and notice it have allready been opened and after transorming him from alt to robot mode i saw one screw missing and another one half screwed on the front of shoulder pad/claw. I think the other person tryed to do some modifications or reparations but didn't worked. Because that i must take my car, return it and exchange it, the perfect way to "save" on gas. Why people sometimes are scare to tell there's a problem with wath they return. I'm a bit mad with that kind of attitude.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor
Re: Why people return stuff without telling the problem?

What pisses me off more is the store employees putting back on the shelf returned items that have been opened.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
What pisses me off more is the store employees putting back on the shelf returned items that have been opened.
They should atleast be discounted before returning to the shelves in my opinion.
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #4
Protoman
The Legend

Welcome to the amazing world of low pay retail. Places like Walmart and even more so in Zellers well........ just don't care. Zellers will keep an item that has been opened, damaged and even the wrong toy inside at full price for years on years....... also why people don't say anything when they return it, they fear the store won't take it back cause it's "damaged".
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #5
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
A lot people take advantage of Walmart. They do not check item condition when u return them, sometimes they dont even ask for receipt. My friend's 360 died on him, he went to walmart, bought a new one with cash, went home switched the xbox and returned it.

also the employee is lazy. their manager doesn't really give a shit, so they don't neither. if they get fired they just find job somewhere else.
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrana View Post
A lot people take advantage of Walmart. They do not check item condition when u return them, sometimes they dont even ask for receipt.
My friend was doing a similar method during the "Armada run" to make money (it funded his trip to Anime North that year). When a toy would go on special at one location (Say Deluxes at Zellers for 7.99 or TRU having Leaderclass prices slashed), he would buy a bunch then return it to a walmart without a receipt and they would give him store credit on a walmart gift card. After during this for about 3 weeks at different walmarts, he turned a profit of a little over $300 bucks (Namely due to Masterpiece Prime going cheap at TRU and thus flipping it at Walmart for a cool 50 bucks). He joked that he could return a PS2 box with rocks in it and get money.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
My friend was doing a similar method during the "Armada run" to make money (it funded his trip to Anime North that year). When a toy would go on special at one location (Say Deluxes at Zellers for 7.99 or TRU having Leaderclass prices slashed), he would buy a bunch then return it to a walmart without a receipt and they would give him store credit on a walmart gift card. After during this for about 3 weeks at different walmarts, he turned a profit of a little over $300 bucks (Namely due to Masterpiece Prime going cheap at TRU and thus flipping it at Walmart for a cool 50 bucks). He joked that he could return a PS2 box with rocks in it and get money.

I read a store a few years back that someone returned a big screen TV to Walmart and when they check the contents of the box it was filled with rocks.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
Spacemonkey
Energon

If it's only opened and weel repacked, it's ok but stuff must be inspected before returning on shelves and zero or low discont if all is complete and in perfect shape, higer discount if there are damages and/or missing parts. In the case of Onslaught, I can find an other brand new. I just don't like returning two times in a place fore the same thing, when the first time should be the only one.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #9
Spacemonkey
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Welcome to the amazing world of low pay retail. Places like Walmart and even more so in Zellers well........ just don't care. Zellers will keep an item that has been opened, damaged and even the wrong toy inside at full price for years on years....... also why people don't say anything when they return it, they fear the store won't take it back cause it's "damaged".
Yeah' I know the patern for Walmart and Zellers, I worked for 7 years in a Zellers. B ut in the one where i was at the time, most of the returned items were inspected, even if the costumer tells it's broken ( to make sure it was true). After that three options: shelves (if it's good enough), returned to supplier (if required) and finally clearance or garbage.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #10
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

I'm not scared of reporting a problem to Walmart. In fact I'm going to report one tomorrow at Dufferin Mall Walmart. In this case it's bad QC on Hasbro's side.

Bought a TFA Snarl and the front legs which fold down to become the robot legs were both snapped and glued to the pivot point. They put so much glue that I can't clean it out or repair it and it was a MOSC toy. No one I know can retwist a twistie to look exactly like they do it now. I'm pretty pissed off because of that. Going to swap it or get a refund so I can rebuy it at TRU.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote