Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-10-2023, 10:12 PM   #1
Jonnydark
Beast Machine
Thumbs up Whats your Prized item in your collection?

Did you find your white whale or holy grail? Do you have a figure from childhood you still love? Do you have a rare piece of production art or a signed item?

Tell us about it. Better yet, post a photo if you can. I love seeing peoples best item, whatever that means to you.

These are mine:

Three cels from the G1 cartoon. The Optimus in truck mode i had signed by Peter Cullen in person. One of the highlights of my Fandom. He's such a great person. I later bought the robot mode optimus from a dealer. I feel so happy with these. Every time i think about them i smile. Ive wanted a production cel of optimus since i was old enough to understand how animated cartoons were made.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230430_162414.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	53560  

Jonnydark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 10:37 PM   #2
MahtimusPrime09
Shut up, Rattrap
MahtimusPrime09's Ebay Auctions
Re: Whats your Prized item in your collection?

As my love for Transformers has grown, my unofficial holy grail consisted of a trio of items: MP-10, an original #1 issue of the 1984 comic, and a Camaro.

Thrilled to say I’ve acquired the first two and I love them, but man that car is elusive

My Sales Thread
My Want List
My Collection
My Feedback Page
MahtimusPrime09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 11:09 PM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I've never had a holy grail per se. Never had any regrets with meeting any voice actors or celebrities in the cartoon/comics world. If I were to say 3 prize possessions would be autographs from Stan Lee, Perter Cullen and Frank Welker on various memorabilia. As for the car well I can only say I have built my Mustang to G1 Megatron colours so can't say more than that.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 12:39 AM   #4
MahtimusPrime09
Shut up, Rattrap
MahtimusPrime09's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
As for the car well I can only say I have built my Mustang to G1 Megatron colours so can't say more than that.
Wow that's awesome dude! Must be a fun ride.

My Sales Thread
My Want List
My Collection
My Feedback Page
MahtimusPrime09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 12:43 AM   #5
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
I've never had a holy grail per se. Never had any regrets with meeting any voice actors or celebrities in the cartoon/comics world. If I were to say 3 prize possessions would be autographs from Stan Lee, Perter Cullen and Frank Welker on various memorabilia. As for the car well I can only say I have built my Mustang to G1 Megatron colours so can't say more than that.
Pics would help.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 07:16 AM   #6
Overlord2004
Generation 2

Foc soundwave got me he’s my favorite character
Old 06-11-2023, 08:22 AM   #7
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Pics would help.
Done
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Expo 2016 (25).jpg
Views:	145
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	53561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Section 18 (2).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	53562   Click image for larger version

Name:	WERVENOM 2022 (1).jpg
Views:	129
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	53563   Click image for larger version

Name:	WERVENOM 2022 (8).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	53564  
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 04:02 PM   #8
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Grails? It’s not TF-related, but I’ve got all 5 statues in the FF8 Transcendent Artist collection
(Link to pics; this isn’t my blogpost or my copies, just an easy link of someone else’s, to see all five in multiple pics)
https://iwokeuplaughing.wordpress.co...ukiya-statues/

As far as actually TF-related, hmm
Maybe a few old G1’s that suffer GPS, that my copies are good/decently unbroken?
- got an intact G1 Skyquake, inherited when I bought an old friend’s collection decades ago
- recently bought a complete G2 Superion set, including a pristine G2 Slingshot (that I dare not transform, ofc)
- have a complete G1 Monstructor / team of MonsterPretenders, that we actually picked up in stores back when they launched - Slog has a chip off his chest piece under one of his arms, and I think Icepick’s gun snapped off at the peg, but otherwise all complete, and Monstructor stands just fine - none of the monster shells have degraded at all, but they’re a bit dusty for sure

Last edited by evenstaves; 06-11-2023 at 06:47 PM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 07:43 PM   #9
Outtsyder
Another 1 Bites The Dust
Cool Re: Whats your Prized item in your collection?

Well, as far as rare and hard-to-find figures are concerned, I do have a fair number in my ever-growing collection, though their statuses as "grails" may be challenged due to re-issues in later times. There's plenty that I personally prizes for various reasons, but that'll take way too long to list.
For this thread, though, I'll go with the ones that have been generally regarded as "grails", even if their sought-after luster may have faded in the eyes of others. (Obviously, none are for sale.)

* G1 - Bumper, as well as a pair of South American mini-cars (a matte gold Cliffjumper/Carrera, and a red Bumblebee/Volks)

* G2 - I could goof off and name m G2 Slingshot, because it's still perfectly intact, but hey

* BW - Two from Japan: a "Clear Convoy", a.k.a. "Special Convoy Skeleton Type", a clear TRU Japan-exclusive of the gorilla Optimus Primal; and BW Metals X-9 Ravage/Jaguar, still in the package and autographed by voice actor Lee Tockar

* Animated - Voyager Blackout (from Japan)

* TF Prime - Voyager Breakdown (from Japan), original release

* Generations - Earthrise Thrust, Earthrise Runabout, Netflix editions of Bumblebee and Soundwave

* BotCon exclusives - 2006 "Dawn Of Futures Past" box set, and pre-BW Megatron (profile card autographed by voice actor David Kaye)

And of course, Haslab Unicron.

But there is one Transformers-related item in my collection that stands out in a different way, and it's not even a toy. In fact, it's not something you can find in just any store, or even a toy show unless a dealer there is exceptionally well-connected.

Back in 2014, there was a videogame-themed restaurant (which has sadly closed down) that was holding a 20th anniversary party for the TV series ReBoot. Gavin Blair, one of the show's co-creators, had PM-ed me asking if I was going to the party, and said he had some "Beast Wars swag" to give me if I could go. I was already planning on going, but thought, sure why not? But I couldn't figure out was this surprise swag could possibly be. I already had all the BW figures I wanted, and it probably couldn't be a prototype model for a toy, since that's more a Hasbro/Takara thing, not an animation studio thing.
Could it be a promo poster for one of Mainframe's shows? An old copy of a script from the recording sessions? Maybe something left behind by one of the studio crew?

Turned out to be something no one would ever see in everyday life... unless you work in a TV studio.

You're seeing that right. Gavin Blair gave me an actual TV broadcast reel of a Beast Wars episode. And all it "cost" was the transit fare to go to the restaurant for that ReBoot event. Safe to say, I am not selling this.

Creative arts page: Scorpion's Heart Overnight Creations
https://www.facebook.com/ScorpionsHeart.SHOC/

Written works on Archive Of Our Own - ScorpionsHeart
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sc...ScorpionsHeart

Feedback thread: https://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=33913

"Study the great, and become greater."
- Michael Jackson
"Who are we, if not measured by our impact on others?"
- Carl Sagan
Outtsyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 02:33 AM   #10
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Really hard for me too say. I don't have a single item that breaks the bank or anything.

Toy wise my Jazz collection as a whole. G1 Soundwave in box, G1 Ramjet in box.

Art - Hugh Rookwood Optimus poster signed by Peter Cullen.
- Marvin Mariano art print of Optimus Primal/Megatron signed by Chalk & Kaye.

Misc- TFcon 2018 VIP Badge & the Prime Badge from 2015.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holy grails, white whales