Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
joshimus
Metroplex
So, did someone from this forum abuse verbally a TRU Express on Rymal Employee?

I was there today seeing if anything new came in and the lady mentioned they had Rodimus a few weeks back and that she never wants to see the figure again. Apparently someone read a sighting that TRU had 20 cases of Rodimus and verbally attacked the lady working there esentially claiming that she was lying about the 20 cases. She told me she was about to call the cops, that's how bad it was.
Now, I go there often enough to know what stock they get. Like everyone, I have doubts when ANY bigger store says "whatever is out is out" because on occasion it really is just too lazy to check the back. TRU Express however is NOT.
Example, when TRU had the 30% off voyagers:
First time promo: Only first wave with prime
Second Promo: NONE.
This was just as Shockwave was starting to get sightings.
So here's the thing. I have no doubt someone read that TRU had 20 cases of Rodimus however I have HEAVY doubts that TRU Express would have gotten 5 as I think that is pushing it. It's a SMALL store not a storage locker. The idea that a small store was gonna get that many of one figure is insane.
All I have to say is if that is a member from this site, shame on you and I pity you if you feel the need to verbally attack someone who clearly isn't lying. Secondly, do your research. Tru Express at Rymal has had mostly old stock for most of the summer promotions. Thinking somehow headoffice would give them so many of one figure makes no sense.
I hope you are banned from that store, you should be. You also set a horrible example for us collectors, one just as bad if not worse than scalpers. A large format store having tons of the same figure and lying about checking the backroom, I can see that happening but an Express itty bitty store, not a chance. The back room is smaller then my bedroom and the employees KNOW what comes in.

Just a rant as I feel this is a horrible reflection of a fan too childish to understand simple concepts.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
james0417
Banned
Re: So, did someone from this forum abuse verbally a TRU Express on Rymal Employee?

Most likely a lurker. There's plenty of them around here. But still a terrible story and something that talking to people in the toy business happens all too often. People forget this is a hobby not an obsession. It kind of reminds me what 85% of what TFW is about now.

People forget that patience will pay off and if you do what OP said above...then get out of the hobby, even if you do it to make a profit, you embarrass the rest of us and only further humiliate yourself. Never forget, Karma is a bitch.
james0417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: So, did someone from this forum abuse verbally a TRU Express on Rymal Employee?

That's terrible! Definitely wasn't me, and I doubt it was anyone I've met from the boards who lives in Hamilton.

I seem to remember the post about them having 20 Rodimuses (not 20 cases) was referring to TRU Upper Wentworth in Hamilton, not the TRU Express.

The employees there have always been super helpful and super nice, shame to think someone here has ruined their impression of transformers collectors...

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Can't imagine it was one of the regular posters from here... far more likely a lurker/scalper. Sounds like some of the Hot Wheels collectors I've had brushes with. Ugh.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
joshimus
Metroplex

It would be a shame if it was someone here. Just thought i'd share this with the board in case that person does read it (assuming here is where they read it)
I still don't even see TRU Express getting 20 Rodimus in stock let alone 20 cases.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
KBlurr
Beasty

I agree with Joshimus on this one. I sometimes go to that store once a week to see if anything new came in. And sometimes I'll ask the owner if anything new came in. If they say no, I'll say to myself "alright, I tried" and thank the owner before leaving.

There usually isn't anything good in that store anyways, but it's always good to check it out.

Voyager Megatron GOT IT
Voyager Shockwave GOT IT
Human Alliance Soundwave
Leader Sentinel Prime GOT IT
KBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #7
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

What a tool. The employees at my TRU X are simply amazing to me. They know me by sight, they held a Rodimus behind the counter for me without my even asking, always ask how I'm doing; they're straight up awesome. Hope whoever this ass was never finds anything they're looking for.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #8
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Working retail myself, I think verbal attackers should be kicked in the teeth.

Some other places too.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #9
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
\

Just a rant as I feel this is a horrible reflection of a fan too childish to understand simple concepts.
Geezzz.... just because someone collects toys doesn't mean they have to act like a child. Seriously, that's a sign that they take collecting way too seriously. To that person, seek help. Plastic crack is running your life. In this world, you get what you give. *shakes head*
Old 09-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #10
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Wait, what? How many was the guy planning to buy!?!? Obsessive collector? Greedy scalper? Whatever the reason, that guy needs to chill and realize these are at its core, children's toys and not bars of gold to resell or hand crafted faberge eggs to horde.

This is why I don't bother asking TRU or any employee anything, because it's the same question everyone else has asked and if they have it for sale, it would be on the shelf.