Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #21
evil_ivotron
decepticon ruler
Re: Your favorite BW toys...

Scorponok and Ravage X-9

thanks Crobot for the awesome sig...
"every heroic Autobot deserves a concrete tomb"
evil_ivotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #22
Skywarp's Shadow

A lot of them rocked, especially transmetals like Primal IMO. But their are some bad ones out there. Look at Injector.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #23
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I wouldn't call them triple changers... The 3rd mode is already a small variation on the beast mode...
With the exception of Waspinator, I'd have to say that's pretty much the point. When legs don't cut it they just switch to "vehicle" mode. They even still treated their third modes as just modified beasts in the show. Waspinator is an exception as he practically turns into a jet, complete with tailfins, thrusters, jet wings and a cockpit.

My all-time favourite is TM2 Cybershark, or more accurately his RID repaint. the TM basics were also much awesome, (Specificaly Night Glider, Stinkbomb, Spittor and Scarem) as were most regular basics. (Though they were quite kibbly, but very fun)

Waspinator is a great mould. Low on kibble, high in articulation and great sculpt.

Primal Prime, while a BM toy he was just a remould of Op Op. He is awesome. His two vehicle modes are just variations for adapting to different environments, but as stand alone modes all four rock hard!

The colours on Op Op were... okay. You understand why I prefer Primal Prime.

The original and Takara BWX RM repaint of Optimus Primal's first form were awesomesauce in plastic form. TM is still one of my favs as well. He had kibble, but it was useful and un-intrusive kibble that actually made him look quite awesome.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 05-02-2008 at 09:45 PM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #24
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

In the order I bought them, sorry I don't really now there proper names...

Lio Convoy
Nemesis Mamoth
TM2 Megs
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #25
PrimeConvoy
Machine War

So many awesome toys, Optimal is one of my favs and so is Big Convoy.

Magnaboss is one that really stands out for me as my favorites, but the line itself is great overall.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #26
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Other than Transmetal, I didn't really like a lot of the toys, even all Prime's and Convoys. My Nemesis Prime (Mammoth) even broke easily! Speaking of which, I'll probably sell off the BW Ultras I got, they're really boring in transformation and features.

As for Transmetal 2, I think those were ok, but I really preferred the clean design of Transmetal 1, but TM2 just looked totally sloppy.

My favourites are: Ravage X-9, TM Optimus, TM Megatron.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #27
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

In the beginning came the beasts and all that creeps, crawls and flies, but nature lies they're Robots In Disguise!

Beast Wars is my all time favorite of the Transformers toy lines, so much so that unlike others when I have loads of extra $$$ to spend I intend to get every single release of the figures from US and Japan.

Some of my all time favorites in no particular order include...

Insecticon, his weapon storage was impressive plus his leg articulation makes up for the insect legs attached to the arms.

Quickstrike, my original Quickstrike got so much play time his snake mouth joint busts so I had to buy a replacement.

Razorclaw, the smaller crab just looks cool and I always dug his arm gimmicks.

Magnaboss, my first official combiner outside of G2 and he rocked hard. Plus who can argue with a guy carrying a honkin' huge sword?

Transquito is an underrated character, I hate Mosquitos in real life because they always wake me up in the middle of the night when they get in the house. But the massive transforming kind are pure love especially with those impressively sized wing mandibles. And this is the guy you could still find literally years later gloggin shelves. I think if Hasbro had included him in the show at some point he wouldn't have become a shelfwarmer.

Skyshadow... Ok let's face it all of the Predacon Fuzors are leaps and bounds ahead of the Maximals, Terragator looks like the animal equivalent of a tank, Buzzclaw is all claws and mandibles with a nasty looking robot mode and even Injector has his good points such as the snap forward splines and the totally random looking fusion. (Admittedly he suffers the most from weak leg joints at least as far as I have seen.) But the tops of the Predacon Fuzors has to be Skyshadow, his gimmicks do nothing to detract from the awesomeness of the figure and on top of all that his bio paints him to be a royal badass.

Like others though I was first drawn in by the re-release Star Wars figures at the time and abandoned the BW toyline for a time thus I missed out on a lot of great first run figures like Rattrap, Tarantulas, Rhinox, Wapinator, Buzzsaw, Black Arachnia, Scorponok, Polar Claw and even Optimus Primal's original form. Fortunately I will rectify that one day and have for the most part gotten several of those figures thanks to re-issues.

So yeah, Beast Wars the toy line is my biggest fave. If not for them I probably would have fallen into the trap of Star Wars lovers everywhere and wouldn't have nearly as many Transformers as I have now. Apparently Hasbro is giving us a new Cheetor in the 25th Universe line which is going to be pretty interesting, let's just hope it doesn't turn out to be like 10th Anniversary Deluxe Primal. I prefer my Transformers to actually Transform, especially when they're deluxe sized. Some flip changers are ok, but Primal had to be the most dissapointing and his weapon leaves much to be desired. How hard could it have been to at least give him a pair of swords?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:50 AM   #28
Pascal
Banned

I don't know, the original Primal had close to zero transformation going on, pretty much just the gorilla standing up. The DLX Primal has a pretty good transformation, and he has a surf board like TM Primal.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #29
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I don't know, the original Primal had close to zero transformation going on, pretty much just the gorilla standing up. The DLX Primal has a pretty good transformation, and he has a surf board like TM Primal.
Maybe, but you gotta admit he can't hold that surfboard cannon for shit in robot mode. Looks like an overgrown boom box and it doesn't have the benefit of Transforming like Blaster.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #30
Bumblebee78
Robot Master

TM2 Blackarachnia -> took me a long time to find her but I am glad I did.

BW Neo Heinlad -> different but very nice
Bumblebee78 is offline   Reply With Quote