Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-02-2024, 03:58 PM   #1
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
What's the Deal with Beachcomber?

Hello,

This has been discussed before, but with the small amount of Beachcombers being found at retail and others like myself still waiting on orders from smaller Canadian retailers on their Beachcomber figures to be released, is there any official word if they will have a restock of him?

I know some of you found him in person at EBGames months ago....but many still likely has him on preorder...along with his parrot friend!

I feel bad for the great local retailers that have to deal with the lack of stock from the producers.

I saw on BBTS and other sites that he is projected to come out early to mid this year again, but I think it might just be a wishful estimate. One would hope this short stock issue would have ended with the Earthrise Thrust era....anyone have any official word from any retailers on Beachcomber and others missing from this wave?

Or, Perhaps he will just be re-released with a different bird in a "Where's the Beach" set...they could include the volleyball they removed from the Top Gun Crossover and add other 80s style trinkets...

Cheers,
MilanX3
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 05:18 PM   #2
Tiffster
Classic
Re: What's the Deal with Beachcomber?

I think a rerelease is guaranteed in united. Probably a package refresh. This, and Devcon, where rare. I did get both as Gamestop preorders and I too have heard another run is coming.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 01:47 AM   #3
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
I think a rerelease is guaranteed in united. Probably a package refresh. This, and Devcon, where rare. I did get both as Gamestop preorders and I too have heard another run is coming.
The leaks for 2025 came out with a few PR, but no mention of Beachcomber, or Thrust unfortunately. I am unsure if he was hard to find in the US as well as here. In Japan he was fairly easy to find.
Old 03-12-2024, 11:40 PM   #4
JLvatron
Chosen 1

The title sounded like a Seinfeld standup.
“What's the Deal with Beachcomber?
Kramer wanted to smell like the beach, but come on!”

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 11:52 PM   #5
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
The title sounded like a Seinfeld standup.
?What's the Deal with Beachcomber?
Kramer wanted to smell like the beach, but come on!?
Hahah....No Soup for You!! No Beachcomber for me!
Old 03-14-2024, 05:05 PM   #6
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Hahah....No Soup for You!! No Beachcomber for me!
Tee-Hee!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:04 PM   #7
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

I think this was the wave that Hasbro Canada said they would not received and not distribute. They were doing internal cut backs at the time so might of lined up with that.

Quote:
"The wording from the buyers was that Hasbro Canada wasn't moving forward with "this wave". No idea if that will be a pattern going forward, or if it was just a one-off. If, in fact, this was a decision made by Hasbro themselves, we likely won't know for sure until the next few waves are announced and we see what the corresponding decision ends up being. I'm so sorry for the bad news!
Regards,
The GameStop Canada Customer Service Team
Months later GameStop did come through. They put up preorders as they might of got enough requests that they pressured Hasbro to do them a solid. I don't know any other retailers who really got it nor do i think they will get it at this point unfortunately.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 08:07 PM   #8
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

No restock for canada. So I caved and bought some from Japan to resell at cost ($45) to local fans who couldnt find it, like me. I still have 1, if you are in the montreal area and interested, send me a PM
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:47 PM   #9
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
No restock for canada. So I caved and bought some from Japan to resell at cost ($45) to local fans who couldnt find it, like me. I still have 1, if you are in the montreal area and interested, send me a PM
Thanks for the offer, but I do not live in the Montreal area. Where did you read that there will be no restock for Canada? I know shops like A3U distribute and get stock from the US if needed as they are close to the border over in BC, and hope they bring a few over the border. Any word on a US restock?
Old 03-17-2024, 01:59 AM   #10
Tonestar
Star Seeker

Still available for Pre-Order at Toynado.ca. I pre-ordered Tarn from them before without any problems. Something to consider.