Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-13-2023, 01:50 PM   #11
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising
Re: Whats your Prized item in your collection?

Not expensive/rare by any means, but (at the moment) mine is wholly a sentimental thing:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showp...&postcount=211
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 03:22 PM   #12
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

Not sure if I have a prized toy in the collection.
My wife had a custom Livio Ramondelli print of an original transformer (coined Dynamo) that transforms into a 59 Cadillac. That's got to be the coolest thing in my collection.

Oddities-wise:
Red fire guts Galaxy Force Sonic Bomber
DOTM Prime tampographed with Universal Studios Singapore on the trailer + Evac
MAGA POTP Jazz

Shelf presence wise:
MP-10
20th Anniversary OP
Pandinus

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 06:56 PM   #13
Kinetic Bucket
Heretic Monkey

For me it is just three items of sentimental value that I have had since I was a wee lad:

G1 Bumper
G1 Landmine (with all parts)
G2 Bumblebee
Kinetic Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 03:00 PM   #14
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I have my childhood G1 Devastator & G1 Jetfire then it would be Brave Maximus.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 03:50 PM   #15
Alliniere
A giant glowing cloud

Haslab Unicron

Botcon 2001 Tigatron
Alliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 04:25 PM   #16
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

HASLAB UNICRON.

A cool one off I have is an inked page from The War Within 2 I got from the inker for my bday many moons ago.
Old 06-16-2023, 04:29 PM   #17
Corvicron
Beasty

That's F'n RAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtsyder View Post
Well, as far as rare and hard-to-find figures are concerned, I do have a fair number in my ever-growing collection, though their statuses as "grails" may be challenged due to re-issues in later times. There's plenty that I personally prizes for various reasons, but that'll take way too long to list.
For this thread, though, I'll go with the ones that have been generally regarded as "grails", even if their sought-after luster may have faded in the eyes of others. (Obviously, none are for sale.)

* G1 - Bumper, as well as a pair of South American mini-cars (a matte gold Cliffjumper/Carrera, and a red Bumblebee/Volks)

* G2 - I could goof off and name m G2 Slingshot, because it's still perfectly intact, but hey

* BW - Two from Japan: a "Clear Convoy", a.k.a. "Special Convoy Skeleton Type", a clear TRU Japan-exclusive of the gorilla Optimus Primal; and BW Metals X-9 Ravage/Jaguar, still in the package and autographed by voice actor Lee Tockar

* Animated - Voyager Blackout (from Japan)

* TF Prime - Voyager Breakdown (from Japan), original release

* Generations - Earthrise Thrust, Earthrise Runabout, Netflix editions of Bumblebee and Soundwave

* BotCon exclusives - 2006 "Dawn Of Futures Past" box set, and pre-BW Megatron (profile card autographed by voice actor David Kaye)

And of course, Haslab Unicron.

But there is one Transformers-related item in my collection that stands out in a different way, and it's not even a toy. In fact, it's not something you can find in just any store, or even a toy show unless a dealer there is exceptionally well-connected.

Back in 2014, there was a videogame-themed restaurant (which has sadly closed down) that was holding a 20th anniversary party for the TV series ReBoot. Gavin Blair, one of the show's co-creators, had PM-ed me asking if I was going to the party, and said he had some "Beast Wars swag" to give me if I could go. I was already planning on going, but thought, sure why not? But I couldn't figure out was this surprise swag could possibly be. I already had all the BW figures I wanted, and it probably couldn't be a prototype model for a toy, since that's more a Hasbro/Takara thing, not an animation studio thing.
Could it be a promo poster for one of Mainframe's shows? An old copy of a script from the recording sessions? Maybe something left behind by one of the studio crew?

Turned out to be something no one would ever see in everyday life... unless you work in a TV studio.

You're seeing that right. Gavin Blair gave me an actual TV broadcast reel of a Beast Wars episode. And all it "cost" was the transit fare to go to the restaurant for that ReBoot event. Safe to say, I am not selling this.
Corvicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 12:34 AM   #18
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtsyder View Post
Well, as far as rare and hard-to-find figures are concerned, I do have a fair number in my ever-growing collection, though their statuses as "grails" may be challenged due to re-issues in later times. There's plenty that I personally prizes for various reasons, but that'll take way too long to list.
For this thread, though, I'll go with the ones that have been generally regarded as "grails", even if their sought-after luster may have faded in the eyes of others. (Obviously, none are for sale.)

* G1 - Bumper, as well as a pair of South American mini-cars (a matte gold Cliffjumper/Carrera, and a red Bumblebee/Volks)

* G2 - I could goof off and name m G2 Slingshot, because it's still perfectly intact, but hey

* BW - Two from Japan: a "Clear Convoy", a.k.a. "Special Convoy Skeleton Type", a clear TRU Japan-exclusive of the gorilla Optimus Primal; and BW Metals X-9 Ravage/Jaguar, still in the package and autographed by voice actor Lee Tockar

* Animated - Voyager Blackout (from Japan)

* TF Prime - Voyager Breakdown (from Japan), original release

* Generations - Earthrise Thrust, Earthrise Runabout, Netflix editions of Bumblebee and Soundwave

* BotCon exclusives - 2006 "Dawn Of Futures Past" box set, and pre-BW Megatron (profile card autographed by voice actor David Kaye)

And of course, Haslab Unicron.

But there is one Transformers-related item in my collection that stands out in a different way, and it's not even a toy. In fact, it's not something you can find in just any store, or even a toy show unless a dealer there is exceptionally well-connected.

Back in 2014, there was a videogame-themed restaurant (which has sadly closed down) that was holding a 20th anniversary party for the TV series ReBoot. Gavin Blair, one of the show's co-creators, had PM-ed me asking if I was going to the party, and said he had some "Beast Wars swag" to give me if I could go. I was already planning on going, but thought, sure why not? But I couldn't figure out was this surprise swag could possibly be. I already had all the BW figures I wanted, and it probably couldn't be a prototype model for a toy, since that's more a Hasbro/Takara thing, not an animation studio thing.
Could it be a promo poster for one of Mainframe's shows? An old copy of a script from the recording sessions? Maybe something left behind by one of the studio crew?

Turned out to be something no one would ever see in everyday life... unless you work in a TV studio.

You're seeing that right. Gavin Blair gave me an actual TV broadcast reel of a Beast Wars episode. And all it "cost" was the transit fare to go to the restaurant for that ReBoot event. Safe to say, I am not selling this.

Wow, I'm very jealous, lol, You should have gotten Gavin to sign this.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holy grails, white whales