Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 06-15-2016, 01:03 PM   #21
Stormrave
Machine War
Re: Will TFcon show all 4 live-action Transformers movies this year?

I appreciated having episodes playing during the wait for Peter Cullen autographs last year. It was nice to have something to look at while we waited.

I wouldn't want movie screenings IN PLACE OF other programming, but if there is an available and empty room it might be a nice thing to add.

When I went to Botcon in 2002, they had a dedicated screening room showing the entirety of Car Robots RID. I don't think anyone just sat in there for the whole con, but a lot of people popped in and out. We'd go in there when we were tired and wanted to sit and chill for a while. We made a point of going in to watch the finale because I hadn't seen it. My husband liked hearing the work of the voice actors who we met at the panels (since he hadn't seen any of it before the con). Lots of parents and kids were in there too, to give the kids a chance to rest and themselves a chance to regroup.

Watching TF:TM (and Rock Lords, which was great fun) at TFCon has always been like a special scheduled event, that we plan to go to. I think screening ALL the TF movies would work better in the "pop-in, pop-out" video room format.

I remember one year at the Doubletree playing Victory eps in the lobby, but that didn't work as well because the lobby was crowded with other folks going through, so hearing the audio was a challenge and it wasn't as easy to get away and relax what with everything else going on in the lobby and people walking around etc.

Another factor is whether the con is able to license a screening of a movie or show for a large group, since I would hate to see the con in trouble for violating "for private home exhibition only." If there is a fee, the con would have to consider if the value added per cost is worthwhile.

Definitely understand if there's not enough staff to go around to keep an eye on a screening room.

Last edited by Stormrave; 06-15-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote