Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 05-13-2016, 07:57 PM   #11
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Will TFcon show all 4 live-action Transformers movies this year?

It's the only tf movie that matters.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:09 PM   #12
zackmak
Robot Master

My suggestion is more about playing 'Transformer' movies in one of the rooms that TFcon already has for the whole day/evening - both, as part of a schedule, and, to fill up space when no other activity is planned in that room.

Having different panels, etc, in the rooms is naturally expected and welcomed, but none will draw 100% interest in 100% of attendees, respectfully. Showing the live-action movies is no different...but it would be a far-fetched assumption that no one will attend the viewings. Even if only a few show up for each, it would be no different than many of the other TFcon panels that were scheduled over the years. And in any given year, it's hard to guess what many panels will draw in.

Also, sure, I can watch the movies at home...but I can also watch cosplay panels, script readings, 3rd Party figure reviews, etc. on youtube and other sites, at home, over and over. But I know there's something cool or special with being able to attend a Transformer-related panel at a Transformer convention, and participating in them with other like-fans of Transformers. Movies included.

That being said, only making a suggestion that seemed in line with TFcon showing movies and TF episodes in rooms in the past with various attendance sizes. Sometimes I went to those, sometimes I didn't.

Showing the movies in the lobby would be too busy, distracting, hard to find seating, and hard to hear, no doubt. A room with multiple seats, with clear, great audio, quite, and possibly dimmed lighting would provide a neat way to watch a movie with other TF fans. Or even pop in for a bit to chill.

Personally, I won't go to the cosplay or 3rd party panels...but I will go see the movies, if the start-and-finish times are right for me. Along with other panels.

I love how we're allowed to makes suggestions on this site to form our convention! And it would be even better if they came true. But, regardless, I appreciate the discussion with all opinions
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:23 PM   #13
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Is this something that people would want to see added to the programming?
I would much rather have a video room of TV Episodes and rare stuff than one that just showed the 4 movies. And I don't mean just putting on DVDs of the cartoons and letting them run all day through, but a curated program of various episodes from many sources with a program sheet detailing what is playing at what times.

Plenty of ways to go about that for this year. Play G1 episodes that spotlight on Bumblebee. Play Prime episodes that focus on Megatron's best moments. Play Japanese Micron Legend and Beast Wars II episodes now that they've been fansubbed. Play the Beast Wars episode where Cheetor gets a goatee. In between programmed blocks, play old commercials, fan-made videos, special "making of" features, and other surprises. And hey, change it up on Sunday and play Thundercats and He-man or whatever.

It would be a good way to offer a place to chill out, away from the chatter of the general areas. It would give people a chance to see something they haven't seen in a while or perhaps something they've never seen before. I have lots of great memories at conventions from going to a video room and watching something I had not seen or never heard of. Yeah, you could just watch it at home on a DVD or on Youtube, but you know that's not the same as watching it at a show with other people in the room.

Sayonara.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:29 AM   #14
xbrawn
Banned

I'll admit, the years I brought my tv as a vendor, my table got a lot of attention when I had one of the movies or cartoons on.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:35 AM   #15
TRUCKvsGUN

Well, I suggested lobby & halls cause I think they didn't have a spare conference room last year, but I could be mistaken.

But, if there's a spare room and it won't otherwise be used, wouldn't hurt to show movies and some rarer episodes in there. The cartoons would probably have broader appeal, anyway. A place for spouse + children to sit and chill when they're overwhelmed might be appreciated by some.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:54 AM   #16
Gumby
Beasty

Doesn't matter if we like the films or not, everybody's suggestions for the show should be listened to and weighed out.

I think ZackMac is actually onto something. One thing that you could possibly do is to marathon the films (or at least the first 3) during the night on the Friday or Sat of the show. Show starts at 6 or 8pm and runs till what, 2am? Gives those staying at the hotel something neat to do. Maybe even have a Rifftrax style commentary from select fans to liven it up.

Last edited by Gumby; 05-14-2016 at 03:56 AM.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:31 AM   #17
optimusb39
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Doesn't matter if we like the films or not, everybody's suggestions for the show should be listened to and weighed out.

I think ZackMac is actually onto something. One thing that you could possibly do is to marathon the films (or at least the first 3) during the night on the Friday or Sat of the show. Show starts at 6 or 8pm and runs till what, 2am? Gives those staying at the hotel something neat to do. Maybe even have a Rifftrax style commentary from select fans to liven it up.
Oh man! A live running commentary from the people would be so funny! Just a giant burn session! Watch out micheal bay! Mystery robot theatre 3000 is on your case!
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:30 AM   #18
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatron View Post
I would much rather have a video room of TV Episodes and rare stuff than one that just showed the 4 movies. And I don't mean just putting on DVDs of the cartoons and letting them run all day through, but a curated program of various episodes from many sources with a program sheet detailing what is playing at what times.

Plenty of ways to go about that for this year. Play G1 episodes that spotlight on Bumblebee. Play Prime episodes that focus on Megatron's best moments. Play Japanese Micron Legend and Beast Wars II episodes now that they've been fansubbed. Play the Beast Wars episode where Cheetor gets a goatee. In between programmed blocks, play old commercials, fan-made videos, special "making of" features, and other surprises. And hey, change it up on Sunday and play Thundercats and He-man or whatever.

It would be a good way to offer a place to chill out, away from the chatter of the general areas. It would give people a chance to see something they haven't seen in a while or perhaps something they've never seen before. I have lots of great memories at conventions from going to a video room and watching something I had not seen or never heard of. Yeah, you could just watch it at home on a DVD or on Youtube, but you know that's not the same as watching it at a show with other people in the room.

Sayonara.
The problem with dedicated video rooms is someone needs to be present all day to keep it monitored.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:00 AM   #19
zackmak
Robot Master

I agree with the monitoring. But isn't having a monitor/staff member present at 'all things' TFcon the standard, via shifts to lessen the 'time' load of a staff member at any single event?

If there is not enough staff to spread out, that's a different story, and I understand.
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:03 AM   #20
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

No, don't mind the cartoons being aired here and there, but something as mind numbing as the 4th movie... 1st movie would be good to show though

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote