Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #21
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: Frank Welker VIP Ticket System

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Same here. I'm fine with the pricing and it should be expected by everyone to a certain extent. I would gripe about the extra fees like internet and credit card usage but based on what these guys have cost at Botcons and other places I will take this. I only need this and Stan Lee and I'm good for autographs forever. Anything else is a bonus
For Stan Lee you're probably going to want to get it at Fanexpo this year as it's the last time he's coming to Canada.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Old 04-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #22
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
For Stan Lee you're probably going to want to get it at Fanexpo this year as it's the last time he's coming to Canada.
Yep I will be. I've missed out every year he's been here so I've got it all planned and a back up just in case
Old 04-07-2016, 12:26 PM   #23
Phalanx
Generation 2

I've also decided to pass on the VIP ticket this year. You can say that 'This is what others are charging, so you're getting a deal', but it's a significant hike over last year where the weekend admission was included with the VIP ticket.

Looking at my receipt from last year, I paid $159.56 for the Peter Cullen VIP with weekend included, this year I'd be paying ~$260 for the same. That's a 63% markup over last year. It feels... excessive. That's way beyond what it takes to cover any fluctuations in the exchange rate.

This feels more like charging what they think they can rather than what they think they need. And that's fine, it's not a charity, they can do what they want, etc etc., but a 63% increase in one year is too much sticker shock for me, and almost feels like gouging.

All that said... from a web design/dev point of view, the new booking site is awkward, kind of ugly, and poorly laid out. The EventBright setup was much better. Hopefully this will improve with time, or go back to the old system
Old 04-07-2016, 07:02 PM   #24
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
I've also decided to pass on the VIP ticket this year. You can say that 'This is what others are charging, so you're getting a deal', but it's a significant hike over last year where the weekend admission was included with the VIP ticket.

Looking at my receipt from last year, I paid $159.56 for the Peter Cullen VIP with weekend included, this year I'd be paying ~$260 for the same. That's a 63% markup over last year. It feels... excessive. That's way beyond what it takes to cover any fluctuations in the exchange rate.

This feels more like charging what they think they can rather than what they think they need. And that's fine, it's not a charity, they can do what they want, etc etc., but a 63% increase in one year is too much sticker shock for me, and almost feels like gouging.

All that said... from a web design/dev point of view, the new booking site is awkward, kind of ugly, and poorly laid out. The EventBright setup was much better. Hopefully this will improve with time, or go back to the old system
This^
Old 04-08-2016, 06:22 AM   #25
LadyBug
Generation 2

Got my ticket right when it was posted. I'm happy this is my last and final year at TFCon. They are becoming too greedy for my liking. Autographs use to be included with the ticket. Now, most all guests you have to pay to get one. The only one I didn't have to pay for last year was James Roberts last year. I passed on everyone else last year since I had already shelled out a lot of money for my Peter Cullen VIP ticket. This new ticket system is absolute crap. I don't know why they suddenly had to change it from Everbrite. I never had an issue with it. It was quick, simple and painless. I really hope that TFCon will go back to its old ways of being a more fan friendly convention.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:48 AM   #26
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Sorry but at almost $300 CAD I would have to say the the Welker signature is to rich for me. I was happy to pay for Peter Cullen but this is something I would like but don't need that bad.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #27
Mega-Prime
Mini-Con

I got my confirmation right away but I'm wondering, if I chose the option "Yes, I need a hotel room" & specified the dates, does that automatically reserve a room for me under my name & CC# or do I still have to call the Hilton to confirm?
Old 04-11-2016, 08:26 PM   #28
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime View Post
I got my confirmation right away but I'm wondering, if I chose the option "Yes, I need a hotel room" & specified the dates, does that automatically reserve a room for me under my name & CC# or do I still have to call the Hilton to confirm?
That books your hotel room for you.
Any questions reply to your registration email.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:36 AM   #29
mesh
Generation 1

To Colin and the TFCON crew,

What the hell happened his year?

Last year was so much cheaper and it allowed the fans to purchase items from the vendors.

$300 for a freakin ticket and a signature?

To the organizers I hope you understand this is not cool at all. I'm glad I got my signature with Peter Cullen last year.........it's safe to say last year was my last year.

This is absolutely disgusting and unfair to the returning hopefuls.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:34 AM   #30
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Do none of you realize that Wleker is super expensive to get as a guest? He is THE name in voice acting in the world, without a doubt. the majority of guest at shows, any shows charge now as that is the way the talent want it to be. This is how they make alot of their money by doing shows like this, people who want to get their autographs or a picture with them have to pay and that is the industry standard now so the people that don't want to deal with the celebrities don't have to pay for the guests as part of their admission.

it is still cheaper to get a meet and greet with Welker at TFCON than at other shows where its $300 usd plus all of the other cost in USD as well. For years the fans have asked for welker to come to the show, "we want welker" but nobody ever stops and thinks of the costs to get such a ultra top tier guest do they? food for thought.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 04-23-2016 at 02:41 AM.
Closed Thread