Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
bedtime
Nexus Maximus
Re: Automaton Toys: TF Prime canceled!

I am soooo part of this problem. I pre-ordered them all and have been canceling as I found them at TRU. I totally assumed everything would be much harder to find, but obviously that's not really been the case.

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #12
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Well this sucks for people that pre-ordered and passed on the recent Toys R Us sale. Now they'll pay full price or more from scalpers, that is if they can even find them anymore. All TF Prime toys are sold out in Edmonton....... Man this is really shitty news....
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #13
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
Nooooooooo! I've passed on Arcee several times at retail to keep my pre-order. Now, I have to hunt for her again (and CJ and Bulkhead). Just watch, now Arcee is gonna be scarce. Crap in a hat!

OB
No doubts that Arcee is gonna be rare. 2x to a case in the wave 1 cases. 1 to a case in the 1.5 case.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #14
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I was going to use the Automaton Prime orders of cliffy, bulkie and Prime for my MOC/MIB collection. I would have grabbed another set from TRU but Cpl. Chrissandwich and/or Quantum would not have found their Bulkheads... I can live with looking for another and paying full retail, glad I could help them out.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #15
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I fully understand and support your decision to take this action. I am a little bummed at the prospect that you may not be carrying future Hasbro product, though. Your store was a God send when I needed those Generations and RTS waves that never showed up for me.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #16
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I too am bummed about this but I fully understand their decision. Hasbro is a very difficult company to deal with. I used to manage Toys 4 U in Oakville and Burlington and they were a nightmare to deal with then and they seem to have gotten worse from what I've seen in stores and online. I just hope I can find a MIB Bulkhead (I know...2 of each figure...I have a problem,lol.) and the other waves of the First edition figures.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #17
Hylo
Banned

Many of Hasbro's products are very hard to find at Retail, I have found the problem with Automation is that they NEVER seem to order enough of anything. I have gotten fantastic service from them, but I find they never seem to get enough of anything in, especially when it came to the United and Generations stuff.

I used to buy from Golden Age Toys and they NEVER get enough figures in either. Honestly, some of these figures it should be obvious that you need to order lots of them.

Cancelling Prime is not the thing to do, I was annoyed that the preorders were sold out to begin with before I even got thew chance to order. I feel bad for those who got their orders cancelled. Not cool.
Hylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #18
vohkuhl
Cybertron

I wouldn't sweat it guys... Its First Edition after all, unless it matters to you but I'm sure they'll release non-FE runs.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #19
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylo View Post
Many of Hasbro's products are very hard to find at Retail, I have found the problem with Automation is that they NEVER seem to order enough of anything. I have gotten fantastic service from them, but I find they never seem to get enough of anything in, especially when it came to the United and Generations stuff.

I used to buy from Golden Age Toys and they NEVER get enough figures in either. Honestly, some of these figures it should be obvious that you need to order lots of them.

Cancelling Prime is not the thing to do, I was annoyed that the preorders were sold out to begin with before I even got thew chance to order. I feel bad for those who got their orders cancelled. Not cool.
You do realize that they are both small independent stores right? They don't have the money to buy huge quantities like toys r us does. When they take pre-orders to gauge how many of a certain item people want and then they order accordingly. When a lot of people cancel their pre-orders they are often times unable to un-order what they have ordered from their suppliers. They are then stuck with inventory that wont sell/no longer an guarantee sale. Since they are in business to make money, having inventory that won't sell means they'll have to sell it for cost or at a loss. You do that too many times and you won't be in business for very long.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #20
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

^^ Well said, Tekka. Anything we can do to keep them in business...Automaton is definitely saving us money and hassle in the long run.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote