Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #71
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69
Re: The Dark Knight

My brother and I went in to get tickets for the 12:15 show tonight, the 2 guys infront of us bought the last 2 tickets, it sucked ass, but I laughed so hard after when my brother looked at me and said, "why so scerious?"

-KG- where did you get the newspaper?

CJ
Old 07-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #72
CTO15
Beasty

I saw the movie on wednesday. Friend scored some promo tickets. I'm speechless about that movie. It was everything I wanted it to be. I just have to watch it again.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:29 AM   #73
borihazard
Robot Master

tmr 12 noon baby!!
________
Paxil Settlements

Last edited by borihazard; 08-30-2011 at 01:34 PM.
borihazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:42 AM   #74
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

I cant see this till next week
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:50 AM   #75
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

OMFG im so tired, and i have to work in less then 3 hrs but on the other hand....zzzzz....zzz OH it was amazing i wanted to see it again. More talk later though, right now got to sleep.
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 AM   #76
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Just came back from the 12:15 showtime; EVERYONE should see this movie!
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #77
onecoin
Banned

I categorize people in 2 categories. Those who have read DKR and watchmen and those who haven't. This is the movie that bridges the gap between those people. Above everything else is the theme of the story, not the moral, the theme. Every movie has a moral, but not every move explores its themes. And every bit of this movie explores every theme that the movie chooses to bring up. Every scene, is designed to lead to dramatic thematic conclusion. It is an excellent compliment to the last movie through its contrast of it. The only real problem with the movie is that where greater films let you explore these concept on your own, letting you draw your own conclusion and pull from the story what you need. This film smacks you in the face with it, with an exceeding amount of exposition.
I gotta add this. People always praise the "real life" approach this film takes. Gotham is not real life, it is organic though. And Batman is just shy of looking misplaced in the movie and that is why it works. Its a crime movie, before its a superhero movie. Its not an approach that will work with all superhero movies. Its an approach that was first used in punisher and if it weren't for all the grand standing it would have worked in that movie too. Yes, love it or hate it, without Punisher, there never would have been a Batman Begins.
Go see it. Its worth the money. Reading DKR and Watchmen is much more rewarding.
I could probably write pages and pages about this, from multiple point of views. In the end its about whether it is a good film and a goodtime at the movies. So it it perfect, No. Is it a masterpiece, close. Is it good, very good. Is it fun, fun enough. Is Ledger good, very. Oscar good? Nope. Hate to say it, but other people have explored sociopaths on a greater level than this. Silence of the Lambs, Sling Blade, There will be Blood, and Gangs of New York stand out. With the way it all works, he will get a nomination, he will win and TDK will get an oscar nom, and so will Nolan (finally). He almost deserved one for Insomnia, I just think egos got in the way while making the film.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #78
-KG-
Kranix

Best. Movie. Ever. That is all.

Cliffjumper69: I got it at the premier of the Prequel in December.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #79
-KG-
Kranix

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
Its an approach that was first used in punisher and if it weren't for all the grand standing it would have worked in that movie too. Yes, love it or hate it, without Punisher, there never would have been a Batman Begins.
Which Punisher movie are you talking about? If it's the 2004 movie, Batman Begins was already filming at this point. The Batman Begins script was written in 2003. I don't see how Punisher influenced BB.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #80
y2jversion1
Machine War

At Union station (Downtown Toronto) this morning, TDK marketing crew handing our "The Gotham Times" newspaper with headline: "Batman Savior or Menace"