Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #21
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: Newb here, hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
thats not him its just his fav video about it on youtube right now he said lol.

and theres nothing wrong with TFC yes they have some QC issues but they are awesome. trans is just a HUGE fansproject fanboi and hates on everything that isnt =P isnt that right transbot? lol

oh and welcome
this right here, hercules is far from a floppy mess, and looks like the characters...

if i were you, by saying mp is too expensive, i would pass on third party altogether, it's even more expensive. i have some of it. but there's a ton of compromises made to skirt IP infringement, which i've found lately has been hampering my enjoyment of them.

welcome to the forums, we're all good people here (except that transbot guy, but there's one in every crowd right? )

for mps, the worst one to buy has just been put back up as an asian reissue (starscream), so it won't hurt as much to get into the game now (mp10 plus) and grimlock has that asian reissue as well. but i think it's kinda pricey as well. orange plug on megatron is removable, apparently they are doing a v2 of him soon, i take it with a grain of salt though

peeling labels, i use rubbing alcohol to take off the residue and buy reprolabels, just if you sell them, mention they are on there.

i keep nothing sealed, and unless it's an expensive item, or g1, i don't keep the boxes either, at over 1000 figures, i'd need another room just for boxes if i did

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW

Last edited by brr-icy; 10-03-2013 at 09:14 PM.
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #22
Johnstewling
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastereh View Post
Hi I'm a new member too; why do you suggest to stay away from TFC? They've got some great looking combiners out.
Ignore him the TFC combiners RULE!!!! I have both so far and they are amazing
Johnstewling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #23
CanBot
Cybertron

Sorry bout the long ass post!...sorry for the no college, kids! No mo apologies, that's it for now...hmmm, probably free up some cash by ditching preschool as well....hmmm....indeed....
CanBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #24
elburrito
Animated

That was a pretty amusing video. I think Shakespeare would have approved. Thanks for the laugh. At least you have a room. Mine are in a small closet at the top of the stairs.

A lot of people express concern over their wallets in respect of the masterpiece figures. Some (myself included) are culling the herd to make room for/ be able to afford the MPs.

For me, I am all about the g1s and MPs. I figure quality over quantity. To each his own. Any way, glad you got to keep metroplex.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #25
grizzly519
Alternator

For sticker removal i use either googone or vegetable oil,let it soak in and gently scrub the leftovers with qtips drenched in same stuff.If you're referring to the animated movie for piranha guy his name is Gnaw.
grizzly519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #26
mastereh
Generation 2

It's great hearing different opinions on the 3rd party models.

My all time favorite transformers are, Grimlock, Soundwave, Ultra Magnus and Devestator.

I'm excited about the recently accounced MP Ultra Magnus and next Feb I'm hoping to buy TFC Hercules.
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #27
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

When you Buy TFC Hercules Make Sure that it is version 2 and that it comes with the rage kit I have heard it helps the figure out tremendously I have Maketoys Yellow Giant and can't complain I am hoping to pick up TFC Herc soon as well
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #28
BigBot79
G1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
You are right about being a Fansproject fanboi. Make fun all you want cuz I am proud of that fact. But that is as far as it goes with you being correct.

I buy a lot from a lot of companies be it FP. MT, iGear, MMC, MI, BTS, ect ect ect

I just think TFC is overpriced upscaled Deluxes. They always do something wrong with the colours and they do not evolve. Uranos had the same hip problem that Hercules did. TFC will sink soon enough anyway, maybe MMC will stike the killing blow with the Predaking battles.

I LOVE 3P, I do not like TFC at all. If I could get my $600 back for Hercules I would sell it in a heartbeat. (goes and hugs Giant)
I have everything TFC has put out and never any problems, sorry you have been unlucky!

I have Giant as well and love it too, but still prefer Hercules - to each their own!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #29
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Bigbot I was not unlucky, you were lucky. Am I to believe you are the only one who has Uranos and the hips are fine and the drone thing stays attached and very sturdy as a chest?

TFC is not for me and their lack of evolution is the reason why. To see Uranos plagued witht he same QC and engineering issues as Hercules is a joke and I will bet money that Ares will have the same issues.

Stick with me Canbot, people hate those that speak the truth and I am most hated in the TF community. lol But I am wise

As for what to collect? Go slow, enjoy things and set some rules. There is A LOT out there and even when you set a guide line it is still A LOT. Take your time, this hobby is a life long journey.

Last edited by Transbot90210; 10-04-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Transbot90210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #30
Johnstewling
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
Bigbot I was not unlucky, you were lucky. Am I to believe you are the only one who has Uranos and the hips are fine and the drone thing stays attached and very sturdy as a chest?

TFC is not for me and their lack of evolution is the reason why. To see Uranos plagued witht he same QC and engineering issues as Hercules is a joke and I will bet money that Ares will have the same issues.

Stick with me Canbot, people hate those that speak the truth and I am most hated in the TF community. lol But I am wise

As for what to collect? Go slow, enjoy things and set some rules. There is A LOT out there and even when you set a guide line it is still A LOT. Take your time, this hobby is a life long journey.
Again WRONG! I know plenty of people who have no problems at all with Hercules or Uranos. Mine are both fine and amazing pieces in my collection.

Canbot, ignore this guy, he has no idea what he's talking about.
Johnstewling is offline   Reply With Quote