Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
halcyon
Generation 2
Re: friendly opinions on a used mp10.

Sell it to your friend for whatever you paid for, hang out, get some food, and enjoy the company.

How much would you really make off your friend? $20 more than what you paid? $40? even $100? That's not remotely close to losing a friendship over. I'm not sure how old you are or your job status, but as you get older, friends don't care about the $$$.

If anything, amongst friends, most fights are not about who owes who..but who gets to be the most generous when trying to treat one another when going out.
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #12
F4l4nx
Machine War

I have to admit I wish this situation had never happened. let me explain exactly what happened and what I'm going to do as there is some pretty harsh judgment above, especially considering what some well respected people in this community are selling mp soundwave for, and we all know what they paid for them.

I contacted a seller on kijiji, he had a bin of transformers for sale. I contacted him letting him know I was interested in looking through them. At work I mentioned it to my friend Nathan who is also a transformers fan, nothing to the level of people on this forum, but a kindred spirit. I mention to him the most I was going to bring was 60$ and he should bring whatever he wanted (he brought $40). We went and look through the bin, and everything was destroyed, save for an alternators grimlock and a cybertron primus both complete and Nathan decided to buy for a price of 25$. When it became evident that we were uninterested in the rest the seller said, "oh I've also gt an mp10 in the back for 75$, if you interested". Well of course I was and considering me and Nathan combined had $75 left (my 60 and his 15) we bought it on a moments notice. No previous talk or plan just bought it.

Now I appreciate that collectors are angry about hiked prices on hard to find things. But if were gonna get angry about it then it needs to be at everyone. And anyone who payed 200+ for mp prime or mp soundwave us just fueling your problem. Supply and demand set prices. I don't think united rumble and frenzy are worth 80$ but it difficult to find one for less so I've accepted it.

You'll all be happy to know Nathan is going to pay me my $60 and if he decides to sell it, we'll figure something out mutually beneficial.

I realize I have blackened my rep a little. I should never have even brought it up, that's my bad. I was hoping for some real world feedback however.

Thanks anyways guys.

Jon
F4l4nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #13
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Take your $60 you've made back and go to a hockey game (or preferred sport/event) and grab some beers with your buddy.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #14
big dawg
Energon

This reminds me of the simpsons where Bart and his friends buy radioactive man #1
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #15
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

This reminds me of that Simpsons episode when Bart, Millhouse and Martin split 3-ways on the first edition Radioactive Man comic and soon find out it was a really bad idea.

Edit: just saw the post above me ^ Great minds think alike!
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
F4l4nx
Machine War

That's the first thing that came to mind when I found out he wanted to keep it.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
BigBot79
G1 Fan

Probably should have included the details on what you paid in your first question, makes sense what you were asking with those details. You guys got a good deal on a slighlty used MP-10 and you got your money back out of it and your buddy is happy with the addition to his collection. Everyone lives happily ever after!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #18
F4l4nx
Machine War

I guess I was hesitant to say it was 75$ when there was still a possibility of selling it here, buy now that that's been figured I don't mind saying.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #19
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

This reminds me of the Simpsons episode when Bart, Milhouse and the other fat nerd kid bought Radioactive Man #1. lol

If he want's to keep it then as a friend sell it to him for half what you paid. If he is going to sell it then split the profit in half.

These are toys not stocks. Place value on your friendship not on a toy.

EDIT-LOL SO this reminded three of us of the exact same thing. lol
Old 09-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #20
F4l4nx
Machine War

Lol you clearly didn't read the last few posts.