Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-18-2018, 09:18 PM   #411
joelones
Beast Machine
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Does that include shipping? All prices being discussed so far include it, so we should be comparing apples vs apples to know if something is indeed cheaper or not.
I doubt it, as shipping is usually calculated once they receive the item at AE, so he should expect to pay more.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:18 PM   #412
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Does that include shipping? All prices being discussed so far include it, so we should be comparing apples vs apples to know if something is indeed cheaper or not.
AE doesn't charge shipping until you request shipping.
AE shipping is quite a bit higher than Amazon Japan, but on the plus side, you can combine shipping multiple items. i used to wait 1-2 month so i can ship multiple via EMS and save a bit on shipping.

when you preorder with HLJ or AE, make sure you don't intend to cancel, they don't deal with cancellation well.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:51 PM   #413
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
I doubt it, as shipping is usually calculated once they receive the item at AE, so he should expect to pay more.
Ok thanks, but then I dont really get the point of bragging about getting a lower price when that wont be the case in the end.

Anyways, do you guys know if Nippon Yassan is ok with cancellations?
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:38 AM   #414
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Ok thanks, but then I dont really get the point of bragging about getting a lower price when that wont be the case in the end.

Anyways, do you guys know if Nippon Yassan is ok with cancellations?
I don't get the bragging either, at the current exchange rate it's $306 all in, at amazon Japan. His $296 price at AE doesn't factor in shipping which surely will be more than $10. More so if the price falls, amazon Japan will honour that price if I'm not mistaken. The thing with AE is that they don't mark packages at their real value on the customs form, and you pay up front (minus shipping) which could be a good/bad depending on exchange rate swings.

About NY, they usually frown on cancellations, charge more for shipping, and may change the shipping rate on you, they also mark down prices. If anything , I'd ask nicely for a cancellation and see what they say, their customer service is notoriously bad.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:28 AM   #415
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Quote:
I don't get the bragging either, at the current exchange rate it's $306 all in, at amazon Japan. His $296 price at AE doesn't factor in shipping which surely will be more than $10. More so if the price falls, amazon Japan will honour that price if I'm not mistaken. The thing with AE is that they don't mark packages at their real value on the customs form, and you pay up front (minus shipping) which could be a good/bad depending on exchange rate swings.

About NY, they usually frown on cancellations, charge more for shipping, and may change the shipping rate on you, they also mark down prices. If anything , I'd ask nicely for a cancellation and see what they say, their customer service is notoriously bad.
I’ll second the NY comments. I stopped shopping there because of their bad customer service. They screwed up one of my orders. When I inquired, they told me there was nothing they could do. I was left with a sour taste in my mouth.

Also, this has not happened to me, but there are posts about customers being banned for cancelling an order. I’ve taken my business to HLJ. YMMV

OB

Last edited by Oreobuilder; 08-19-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:44 AM   #416
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Also Amiami may charge you an arm and a leg for shipping such a large item (just a heads up).
Oh, I know but thanks. Same for AE, NY and even HLJ. I used to shop at these 4 places very often (not just for TFs). I now shop more and more at amazon.co.jp if I can because of their very reasonable and fast shipping. When you factored in everything most often co.jp is cheaper than the alternatives. The only downside is you cannot use PayPal (if you considered this as a downside, that is). I stopped giving my business to NY because they have upped my shipping a couple of times when the preorders were due. I complained with no results. HLJ have the best customer service but the items are usually more expensive. But all of these are way cheaper than shopping at BBTS and TFSource for Japanese releases.

I don't any problem with cancellation at HLJ and co.jp. AE and NY are notoriously against it. And since AE require you to pay upfront it makes cancellation a challenge. For amiami you can ignore their payment notice: I have done it twice and seems to be have no repercussion so far.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 08-19-2018 at 09:52 AM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #417
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
For amiami you can ignore their payment notice: I have done it twice and seems to be have no repercussion so far.
Just a word of caution, do it more and amiami will close your account, I know 'cause it happened to me LOL...

Yep, amazon.co.jp will be my first choice too.

OK enough derailing this thread, back to real sightings...
Old 08-19-2018, 02:05 PM   #418
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
OK enough derailing this thread, back to real sightings...
I have one, but its not TFs (I hope no one gets angry). I find it cool that Amazon's algotythm will look at competitors and automatically deduce to give you the same price for the exact same item (but not same series, they go item by item). So right now TRU has a sale for Marvel legends figures (including those new tenth anniversay special ones) and Amazon is matching all those discounts.
Anyways, my sighting is for a Star Wars toy, one of those red guards, the price keeps dropping on amazon:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #419
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Who's bragging? I got a lower price for the figure and I'll have it shipped with the other figures that I've purchased from anime export. Anyone thinking it's bragging needs to work on their reading comprehension. It'll be cheaper for me as I only shop at anime export and already have orders there that all come out around at the same time so I'll have a combined shipping expense.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 08-19-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #420
Landstander
Generation 2

Nice, going to let a buddy know.
Landstander is offline   Reply With Quote