Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #181
devilsknight
Banned
Re: The Dark Knight [WARNING SPOILERS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Scarecrow as Joker's lackey didn't work for me. I actually liked the character from the first film, and was hoping he'd be a little more in the second.
They had to seal off that part of the movie...and well judging by the shortness of his role...he probably didn't want to reprise it.

Quote:
The stunts were all so crazy, so improbable. Batman has no superpowers. He shouldn't be able to magically time when a bazzoka is going to fire, or hitch a ride his passing plane with a balloon.
I don't think he timed it...he just went for it and it went off...the balloon thing is totally possible...a plane catching a wire with a balloon...google it, it does exist.

Quote:
The lack of a Joker backstory. Yeah, they were going for mystery, it just didn't work that well for me. Loved what we saw but a backstory could have added some depth.
There was a very small backstory...that he hated his father. That was the only consistant thing about the Joker character as he mentioned it a few times. Besides it added greatly to the Joker.

Quote:
Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine are blah. Not really bad, not really good. Still Caine was way better in this than he was in Jaws 4. .
That was their roles...5 minutes of acting here and there.

Quote:
Overall:
I really enjoyed the second half of the film, and think it lived up to the hype, Much better than Begins, and its going to take a Star Wars film to knock it out of first place Fortuanatly there is one coming out on Friday
Clone Wars that comes out this weekend...I will be VERY surprised if it tops Dark Knight. I want to watch the movie, but the animation is a big question mark for myself. I still prefer the other Clone Wars shorts that were done.
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #182
-KG-
Kranix

Scarecrow was always only supposed to have a small role in the movie.

Joker is supposed to be an "absolute". You're not supposed to know where he comes from. For the first few years in the comics you had no idea where he came from. Even in the Killing Joke, which is a Joker origin story, isn't a concrete background. Joker himself says he likes to have his background be "multiple choice." In the movie, he keeps changing his background. First his dad gave him the cut smile, then he did it to himself for his wife. He probably would have given a third story to Batman if he didn't shut him up.

Yeah, and the plane and balloon thing does exist.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #183
Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
Scarecrow was always only supposed to have a small role in the movie.

Joker is supposed to be an "absolute". You're not supposed to know where he comes from. For the first few years in the comics you had no idea where he came from. Even in the Killing Joke, which is a Joker origin story, isn't a concrete background. Joker himself says he likes to have his background be "multiple choice." In the movie, he keeps changing his background. First his dad gave him the cut smile, then he did it to himself for his wife. He probably would have given a third story to Batman if he didn't shut him up.

Yeah, and the plane and balloon thing does exist.
For some reason, I think he was going to tell Batman where his scars actually came from.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #184
Incepticon
Double Agent

Yeah I know, this is now a zombie thread, but here's a mildly interesting new article for those of you debating whether or not Two-Face is dead:

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b2719...secret_of.html
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #185
-KG-
Kranix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incepticon View Post
Yeah I know, this is now a zombie thread, but here's a mildly interesting new article for those of you debating whether or not Two-Face is dead:

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b2719...secret_of.html
I read that on another site earlier today. I love the behind the scenes stuff.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #186
Batman
The Dark Knight

Cool read.

I saw it again today in imax for my B-day