Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #1
ON-Oric
Generation 1
Frustration with TRU

Hi guys,

Asking some buying advice as I'm surely not alone. TRU USA gets their product at a regular time but ours are far less predictable.

I missed out on mp soundwave and now mp starscream at reasonable prices because the pre-order days seem entirely random. Is there a science to this? I checked nearly every day for four months only to find out somehow a pre-order did open and I missed it. How are you guys managing? Is there a specific day of the week to check? Is there any heads up to look forward to? My chances now of paying under 160 are looking pretty grim and the product hasn't even hit shelves yet.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #2
fordjuse
Banned
Re: Frustration with TRU

You have to be sitting on computer 24/7. Chances of you getting any are VERY SLIM to NONE. Also, do you know why you did not get one? The dummies that go announce it on forums, facebook, twitter, etc..... Everyone swarms site and BOOM MP SS GONE.

BTW, I got a few of my MP at store location. I DID NOT post any in info. You know what happens then correct? Everyone comes a looking then NO CHANCE.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:35 PM   #3
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordjuse View Post
You have to be sitting on computer 24/7. Chances of you getting any are VERY SLIM to NONE. Also, do you know why you did not get one? The dummies that go announce it on forums, facebook, twitter, etc..... Everyone swarms site and BOOM MP SS GONE.

BTW, I got a few of my MP at store location. I DID NOT post any in info. You know what happens then correct? Everyone comes a looking then NO CHANCE.
Most of the time, the "dummies that go announce it on forums" are the reason I ever know when something's available. And I appreciate that they share the info.

In turn, I have also been one of those so-called "dummies" posting sightings for the benefit of fellow collectors.

Sorry not sorry, I guess.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:45 PM   #4
fordjuse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
Most of the time, the "dummies that go announce it on forums" are the reason I ever know when something's available. And I appreciate that they share the info.

In turn, I have also been one of those so-called "dummies" posting sightings for the benefit of fellow collectors.

Sorry not sorry, I guess.
As you can see doing that DID NOT help original poster here. As well as many others that are complaining on boards. Many people missed out due to posting on forums of pre orders. You will not feel the same way when you are " unable " to acquire item(s).

BTW, I bought 4 in store., No problems. While all the others guys were fighting for Star Wars Force Friday items. I casually walked over to TF isle. Boom 4 MP SS went home with me.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #5
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON-Oric View Post
Hi guys,

Asking some buying advice as I'm surely not alone. TRU USA gets their product at a regular time but ours are far less predictable.

I missed out on mp soundwave and now mp starscream at reasonable prices because the pre-order days seem entirely random. Is there a science to this? I checked nearly every day for four months only to find out somehow a pre-order did open and I missed it. How are you guys managing? Is there a specific day of the week to check? Is there any heads up to look forward to? My chances now of paying under 160 are looking pretty grim and the product hasn't even hit shelves yet.
MP star scream is just hitting Canada give it a couple more weeks and he will be in stores..
Old 09-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #6
predahank
Storing is hoarding

I think the whole point of these forums is to share ideas, info, pics, opinions with fellow hobbyist. I have no problem with posting of sightings, after all someone is going to buy/preorder them eventually
Old 09-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #7
elburrito
Animated

It can be tough, but its not impossible to find on shelves. Figure out when your TRU puts out stock. Some nights there will be palates of new stock out on the floor. A sure sign new stuff is coming. You can even read what is in the boxes through the wrap sometimes. Look in different places in the store. ALWAYS check the electronics section.

Sale & Trade

Old 09-27-2015, 02:52 PM   #8
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Ironic that someone buying 4 ss frowning on the idea of preorder postings preventing others from getting one
Old 09-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #9
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

What would you need 4 mp Starscreams for anyway, if not to sell? Maybe you could help the original poster of this thread out and sell him one.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:05 PM   #10
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Just check their website once in a while or come up here on Cybertron.ca. I rarely miss any Masterpiece Pre-order other than MP10 which was in short of supplies back then anyways. TRU Canada is pretty decent at giving us a time limit to make our preorder, most preorder last more than 2,3 days. However sometimes their price could be a little bit too higher compare to Takara or Toy's R Us from the States. It's your call where and when to order it when it is available. If you don't have time to check the website... then get a friend or somebody to check the site for you... I mean it only takes a few minutes to check the site anyways and usually they put it on the front page here on Cybertron.ca
Closed Thread