Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Date Night

I went out on a date with a girl yesterday (in which she asked me out). We spoke for about an hour on the phone on Wednesday night, texted almost all day yesterday, spoke on the phone for about 30 mins. We met, we order our coffees, started talking. I found out that she wasted my time, were she could of easily said on the phone, I am not feeling anything between us and end it there, but no she had to make a date and meet, were 10 minutes into the date, she goes, I am not feeling anything, I didn't get that excitement when I saw you, I don't feel any vibe. Once she told me that, I got up and I left 20 mins later, what's the point in keep talking and being on the date when you know nothing is going to happen TOTAL WASTED MY TIME!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
Beechy
The Veteran.
Re: Date Night

What did you get in your coffee?
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Ya but did she touch your no-no?
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #4
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

I get the feeling the only connections the OP wants to make is to find a potential mate.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
I went out on a date with a girl yesterday (in which she asked me out). We spoke for about an hour on the phone on Wednesday night, texted almost all day yesterday, spoke on the phone for about 30 mins. We met, we order our coffees, started talking. I found out that she wasted my time, were she could of easily said on the phone, I am not feeling anything between us and end it there, but no she had to make a date and meet, were 10 minutes into the date, she goes, I am not feeling anything, I didn't get that excitement when I saw you, I don't feel any vibe. Once she told me that, I got up and I left 20 mins later, what's the point in keep talking and being on the date when you know nothing is going to happen TOTAL WASTED MY TIME!!!
Dude... there is nothing wrong with making a new friend. I know it may be foreign to you but guys and girls can be friends without getting "Sex" involved. Besides maybe she just needed that 10min 1:1 re-assurance whether it was going to work or not? At least she didn't string you along for months and months before telling you. Also, by being friends you never know she might one day introduce you to some of her friends and maybe just maybe you may meet that special someone?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #6
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Try not to look at it as wasted time, but rather as practice. Dating is an art, not a science. I went out on a lot of dates before meeting my fiancée. Often there would be great chemistry over the phone, but when we met in person, it didn't click. It's just one of those things. It can be frustrating, but it's best to just learn from the experience and move on to the next girl.

Patience and perseverance usually pay off when playing the dating game. It can take several so-so dates before having a good one. Also, it helps to approach a date with no expectations (she is probably guilty of this as well - most people make this mistake) and just see where it leads. Sometimes, you'll make a friend that will introduce you to new people.

Anyways, not sure if any of this is helpful. Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #7
DuG
Titanium

As stated by the other posters there is nothing wrong with making new friends. Also you obviously have something going for yourself if she actively sought you out. Keep your chin up and get out there and meet some new people!
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #8
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

You should feel lucky enough that she didn't turn into a Decepticon and ask what was your ebay account.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:03 PM   #9
Xtreme987
Metroplex

She could've at least brought you to Walmart & bought you a TF .... LoL ... just kiddin.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 06-20-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:27 PM   #10
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Can't you just keep her as a friend? I am in love with my best gal friend who is dating another guy. My best gal friend whom I would marry if I have the chance. But I can't. You can't do worse than me.

While I am perpetually single, I have a personal philosophy on relationship: Never say Never. Never say Forever.

A lot of times it's just timing. Maybe she will never fall in love with you, but so what? A date doesn't mean sex after dinner.

Be a gentleman, not a pig.