Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-14-2015, 07:29 AM   #101
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons
Re: Biggest letdown of the year

Not targeting anyone, but we're learning more about personalities than toys! hehehehe
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:54 AM   #102
Msol
Titanium

I think he's alright, but definitely feels too small. I'd say he should have been about 10% bigger.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:33 AM   #103
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Holly cow all I wanted to know is if anyone else felt that tracks was a let down
Nope. He's awesome. Better than Lambor and Wheeljack IMO. Not quite at Datsun level.

This is the biggest letdown. Lame.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #104
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I just want to add that if you personally feel that the line is sucking or going in a direction that you do not like then as a consumer you need to ask yourself why am I buying something I don't like ? That seems to be the real question here.

I don't like Cabbage Rolls for example so I don't keep buying Cabbage Rolls expecting them to be Steak as I have seen that they are Cabbage Rolls and know already my distaste for them.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:08 PM   #105
nervousviper
Generation 1

Before I commit myself to buy a certain figure, I watched a lot of reviews. So, by that way, I know what to expect. I don't judge a figure unless I have it in my hands. I always tell to myself that I can't have everything that I want in a certain figure. It's just a matter of weighing in the pros and cons. If I still like the figure despite of flaws i'll keep it. If I don't, I just sell it and pray that a better figure will be made in the future and move on. After all, it's just a toy.
nervousviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #106
timcrook
Cybertron

I've only saw the one review from YouTube that was linked in the other thread. If the complaint is the backpack and the side/top view hole, I'm OK with those flaws.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:14 PM   #107
CAF
Banned

My biggest letdown of the year is realizing that I am not going to be satified with continuing buying Masterpiece Transformers to complete my G1 seasons 1 and 2. I wish I could be as easy to please as others. It's probably just easier to not care. But I feel like Takara owes it's discerning fan base the same level of design as they had become accustomed to.

My other biggest letdown is that I failed to articulate that in here without offending half the users. I apologize to anyone I did offend. It was not my intention at all. My intention was to promote the group to demand better. It's obvious that's not going to happen. And that's ok.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #108
protoform_ironhide
Commander

It isn't anything new that Takara cheap out on their "Masterpiece", perhaps some newer collectors don't realize this. They have started to cheap out on this line since they release MP12. They have never really feel like "Masterpiece" since MP12 but regular Transformers in a nicer package. When Takara made MP10, I have been ranting about quitting the Masterpiece line, and I didn't go back into it until they introduced Soundwave. I only decided to get back into the Masterpiece game because of the G1 accuracy. What they are doing to the Masterpiece line is only to make it as G1 accurate as possible (including their scale), instead of making them into those Die-Cast Luxury figure like the MP01, MP05. The real "Masterpiece" has been long gone. So I can't say these cheap out masterpiece is a letdown of the year but as expected. I mean... even MP08 Grimlock feels more Masterpiece to me compare to the releases after MP12 regardless how much people here hate him nowadays.

Is the Masterpiece line getting worse? Yes, definitely, my friend. Why do I say that? I do play with the Masterpiece toys as soon as I got them, and that is how I feel(looking at Masterpiece Bumblebee and gets all disappointed right now). The company probably think we will slowly adapt to the cheaper quality. Like I said, the true Masterpiece has been MP01 to me all along. I don't even remember how many times I have mention it here on the forum from the past. This Tracks doesn't get me excited at all, but I still buy it because of the line and due to him scaling well with the others in the Masterpiece line, Takara's strategy is working on me at least...But to be honest.... Hell...even Reveal of the Shield Tracks excited me more when it first got released compare to this Masterpiece Tracks. By the time it gets to MP45, maybe it will be just like regular Voyager class quality, so don't be surprise.

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 11-14-2015 at 03:31 PM.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:29 PM   #109
elburrito
Animated

Dude. I was totally worried about this guy (I too am an '84 '85 autobot enthusiast) and my standards are pretty high. Turns out nothing to worry about. Tracks is pretty cool. The hand transformation is the best I've seen since MP01 and it is incredible that the big bot packs into such a small alt. mode. The roof is on the chest perfectly and the transformation is complex and fun. Plastic feels really good. Yeah, not the same as Hasui's stuff, but (I cant believe I'm saying this) just as good, just as MP!?! Really, find one and check it out. It's a great mold.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #110
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
But now seeing grown Men taking gabs at each other for there views in almost any post posed in this or other groups this has to be the #1 letdown of all time come on guys if you don't agree please move along and don't post simple as that..
Hey Laffy, I'd like to say sorry for my part in your disappointment.

After the first few posts in this thread, I could see where this thread was headed. That's why I posted that picture of Emperor Palpatine. It was my not so subtle attempt to steer things towards constructive criticism.

But obviously that didn't work. So, again, I'm sincerely sorry.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 11-14-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote