Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #431
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

I've had the "It's for my kid/it's my kids money" used many times when I've been selling things before.

I always assume that people think that you'll be willing to bend more if they think it's for a kid.

Sorry folks, a lowball offer is a lowball offer, Kids or not.

Stay firm, if they really want it they will eventually either go with your price or move on.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #432
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

On a side note - When buying from Kijji, If I feel the price is too high, I'll usually message the seller and say something like "What's your bottom line? or What's the best price you can go?" after stating I'm interested. I wish more people would just go directly to this instead of trying to barter over several emails.

And it might be crappy to do this, but after being burned several times, I usually just sell to the first person who's willing to show up to me, I no longer promise to hold anything for anyone and I'm very clear on this when people email me as well, as I'm tired of dealing with

"I'll take it"

"Great, when can you come get it?"

"3 Saturdays from now at exactly 4:00 p.m."
Old 06-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #433
Cronosabre
Machine War

Thanks for the support guys, I'm going to stay firm with the $70 like you all have said. I have an interesting addition to the story now though.

When I got the original e-mail from this person I also got an e-mail from a different e-mail address within 5 minutes of the first. It said: "How much do you want for the 9 of them in the first picture?"

I wrote back with exactly the same thing I said to the first person, that I am asking $100 in my ad but I'm willing to meet in the "middle" at $70.

I never heard back from this second person while I was going back and forth with the first person. Now that I haven't responded to the first person's last few e-mails yesterday I just got a response from the second person this morning saying:

"Sorry, I was out of town. I could swing $60 for all 9 and grab them later this afternoon (3-5pm). If so, send me your address and I'll come by."

I'm about 99% sure this is the same person. I've never had someone go through so much trouble like this before. Usually what happens is that I provide a very reasonable counteroffer to their low ball and then never hear from them again. I'm thinking that I'll just respond to both that I am firm at $70.
Cronosabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #434
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
I've had the "It's for my kid/it's my kids money" used many times when I've been selling things before.
I suppose this scenario would be slightly more awkward face-to-face at a show, if a parent sends their child up to your table to haggle with you directly. Either way, a good life lesson for a young collector.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #435
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

The new trend that I have notice is people that are messaging me from kijiji but they are actual board members on cybertron.ca which is fine by him... However, some are serious lowballers(I got names), some appears to be serious buyers but decides to buy elsewhere after having set an agreement(I got names), some are just freaking rude just no matters at all(I got names), some feels that they are entitled to share their 2 cents aka T.O. scalpers(also I got names)...

They feel that if they lowball you and/or be rude and/or send you nasty message through kijiji that these messages can't affect them on cybertron.ca.... which is somewhat true as I already did my homework on that aspect...

The fact is that those individuals should be very careful as the community does speak amongst each others...just sayin'!!!

On a positive note, I've made a few friends through kijiji transactions so it isn't all that bad...unfortunately it's always the bad stories that always stands out on this forum...

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #436
shockwave555
Smart Guy

my problem is i'll reply to an add, perfectly willing to buy it at list price (its such a fair deal, why not) and they never reply. i keep getting the "sorry kijiji feeds to my spam folder" or something or other. why not just mark as "not spam" or with this knowledge, check your spam folder more often. anyone else encounter this?
Old 06-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #437
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Just another case of people being allergic to money, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #438
Cronosabre
Machine War

So the story continues with the first person some more. After I said that I am firm on the $70 and explained that they come with Minicons so her son is really getting 18 figures she responds.

"Are the smaller ones pictured in your ad? And where are you located again? Maybe you can meet me [a location about 30min away] and I'll just pay the difference."

I told her where to look in the pictures to see the Minicons and said that I would be willing to meet her at her location for $70.

"Would you be able to meet me at time hortons in [plazza 30min away] for 530 tonight?"

This was literally at 4:50. I said sure I'll meet you there and I packed up all the Transformers to bring with me.

"Ok so my son and husband are just looking at them transformed as robots and aren't sure that's what he likes. He has two from the animated series and likes that look. Well cancel pick up tonight and think more on it. Sorry ... For the extra money you're asking we want to make sure it's what he wants."

Luckily I got this just before I was going to walk out the door. I told her that I was glad she sent that e-mail when she did as I was just about to walk out the door and sent a link to a Flickr album with more pictures of them.
Cronosabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:40 PM   #439
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

lol, the extra money you're asking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #440
Tarantulas
Tripredacus Council Agent

Poor you Cronosabre, I can't get over how hesitant these people are behaving... "For the extra money you're asking", as if to say your price is too high.

I deal on Kijiji (usually just to buy) and I would never hassle someone with mass emails, etc. It's not rocket science, either you want something or you don't... you don't deserve the hassle.

However, I'm glad to see another Cybertron member from Ottawa!
Tarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote