Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-05-2022, 02:17 AM   #1
Laz
Generation 1
Powercore combiners

So my son got two different powercore combiners for Christmas and he's driving me nuts for more, I'm wondering if they're harder to get but I've not really looked into them. I know he has bombshock and mudslinger sets but idk too much about the rest
Laz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:08 AM   #2
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Powercore combiners

The 5 sets were shelfwarmers back in the day. Were being cleared out at $10 a pop. That's how I got them, but IMHO, cool for the younger crowd, but for the adults, not as much.

There were a total of I believe 6 sets with limb drones, with a bunch of individual bots sold separately that could take the place of the central torso, so you could mix and match to make sort of a custom combiner. The other 5 pack sets off the top of my head were Stunticons, Arielbots, Dinobots, Constructicons themed.

If you were out here on the Westcoast, I'd gladly sell you mine all at cost, but I'm not much for packing and shipping. But, I'm sure there are people around your neck of the woods looking to move their's along.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:46 AM   #3
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

As Sun Swipe Prime says.

Best to look around and see if you can find someone local who has them. They are harder to find now, but not because of price, but because no one seems to care enough to do anything with them. Don't pay much for them, they aren't worth it, even for your son. Plus he'll probably move on to something else in the next few months.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:12 PM   #4
Laz
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
The 5 sets were shelfwarmers back in the day. Were being cleared out at $10 a pop. That's how I got them, but IMHO, cool for the younger crowd, but for the adults, not as much.

There were a total of I believe 6 sets with limb drones, with a bunch of individual bots sold separately that could take the place of the central torso, so you could mix and match to make sort of a custom combiner. The other 5 pack sets off the top of my head were Stunticons, Arielbots, Dinobots, Constructicons themed.

If you were out here on the Westcoast, I'd gladly sell you mine all at cost, but I'm not much for packing and shipping. But, I'm sure there are people around your neck of the woods looking to move their's along.
i'll see what we can find, i got those two for like $20 so I don't wanna spend a lot he's only 6 and don't wanna get him into the higher end combiners just yet until he's old enough. figured these were a good starting point
Laz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #5
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise

Quick eBay search says most of the teams go relatively cheap. Only one fetching higher coin is the Dinobot set.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:44 PM   #6
Magnimus
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
So my son got two different powercore combiners for Christmas and he's driving me nuts for more, I'm wondering if they're harder to get but I've not really looked into them. I know he has bombshock and mudslinger sets but idk too much about the rest
I've been looking to get rid of mine if you're looking to buy. They're just sitting in my attic taking up space; if a kid would enjoy them I would cut you a good deal. DM me and I'll let you know what I have if you're interested.
Old 01-08-2022, 02:46 PM   #7
prime
Generation 2

They also came in 2-packs, with the main "torso" and a targetmaster-type figure instead of 4 limbs. IIRC some of them were unique & never released again; Undertow is still one of my favourites
prime is offline   Reply With Quote