Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-19-2019, 06:02 AM   #1
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
A few quick questions, plus a few asking about the difference between the MP-13;s

Hi, I had a few random questions and a few about Takara MP-13 Soundwave, vs the reissues, for build quality and life expediency.

Did Soundwave have any problems with the first run? Is the "Long Life" one better? Is only the last reissue a "Long Life" version? Last Soundwave question is about the Takara KO. I hear it is actually quite good except for sometimes some sloppier paint jobs. Thoughts vs an expensive used Takara?

The last few questions are sort of random.

1. Did they release a separate MP-20+ coin with MP-20+ like they did with MP-36+, or just the regular coin?

2. MP Ironhide comes with a jet pack but no stand to have him flying. Is there a generic base that has a clamp that can fit onto most figures somewhere on the back?

3. I heard somewhere something about, buying better stickers then the ones that came with a KO. Does anyone know anything about this? I was curious mostly to know if there is a proper, good quality 3rd part sticker of the proper ambulance symbols for Ratchet.

Thanks!
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:35 AM   #2
optimusb39
Animated
Re: A few quick questions, plus a few asking about the difference between the MP-13;s

Toyhax for stickers for mp ratchet.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:00 PM   #3
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Re: A few quick questions, plus a few asking about the difference between the MP-13;s

Thanks! Are they as durable and well made as the real ones?

Also, I might as well ask. Any opinions on the other stuff?

Edit: Ordered for Ratchet, but honestly, we should have to worry about labels on the MP line....

I looked at the other stuff and some of it is pretty cool, but for most of it I would consider it taking away from the original design instead of adding to it. There were some stickers that were great but I probably wouldn't use them. The 2 exceptions are Ratchet because that is a copyright issue, and the other might be the tire treads for MP-28 since mine seems to have issues with ground clearance and getting the arms to fit in properly in car modes. The ground clearance might just be that I've only transformed him a couple times and he was... well he was my 2nd MP actually, but the first one I tried to transform. I'm probably better at it now.

Oh, one last thing I forgot to ask about. It isn't a big deal because it just sits there, but I can't get the peg to go into the hole on the bottom inside part of the back piece of MP-20+'s back. Is this a common issue or do I need to re-transform him?

Thanks!

Last edited by Darkmatter; 04-19-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:55 PM   #4
Scowly Prowl
Calculating variables...

I'm not aware of any differences between the older releases of MP Soundwave and the newer ones.

Regarding your other questions, I can find a listing for MP 20+ with a coin, but I've not seen the coin. That said, MP 20's coin cover looks exactly the same as the MP 20+ torso.

I'm not aware of a generic stand, but I know a lot of others repurpose a Tamashi stand for their TFs. You could try and check the Yeti Stand website to see if they make a product.

Toyhax is your source for MP TF, or you can see if you can source one through eBay.
Scowly Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:19 AM   #5
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

This thread talks about a common way to break your MP Soundwave while transforming his legs. I don't believe there ever was a change to address this but as I recall the issue was while transforming the figure, not something that broke while on display. (I'll let you read the posts to confirm).

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...panels.909052/

About the paint jobs. I had a Takara Soundblaster (black Soundwave) and he had a TERRIBLE paint job for the gold trim on his chest. It must have spilled and when it got all over they scraped it off with a blade and it scratched the hell out of it. I exchanged it for another.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:56 AM   #6
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Thanks for the replies. From a video I watched it looks like the Takara version is slightly better than the Hasbro version mostly in that the inside of the feet are painted silver like the rest of the feet, instead of a bland grey for the Hasbro version. Although the Hasbro (NA version?) comes with all the tapes I believe.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:20 AM   #7
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Thanks for the replies. From a video I watched it looks like the Takara version is slightly better than the Hasbro version mostly in that the inside of the feet are painted silver like the rest of the feet, instead of a bland grey for the Hasbro version. Although the Hasbro (NA version?) comes with all the tapes I believe.
The Hasbro version is missing Ratbat. Its also extreamly expensive.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:06 AM   #8
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Hey Maple, thanks for chiming in.

Have you heard anything about the upcoming May release of the Takara Soundwave KO's, or if this "Long Life" release has any actual changes other than putting a very reassuring stamp on the front of the box.

Thanks,

DM
Old 04-21-2019, 12:47 PM   #9
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
The Hasbro version is missing Ratbat. Its also extreamly expensive.
Ratbat comes with TakaraTomy Soundblaster only anyway. I still have a sealed copy and got myself a KO MP Ratbat for my Hasbro Soundwave.

I am not up to date on the aftermarket value of the Hasbro Soundwave set but it is a better value at the time since you have to grab Laserbeak, Rumble, Frenzy and Ravage seperately with TakaraTomy Soundwave.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:53 PM   #10
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Thanks for the info on the stands. Boy those Yeti's are expensive!

Another thing about the MP line that really boggles my mind is why don't they all come with a peg hole to allow a stand? I mean, c'mon, if you can do whatever engineering figured out the new Megatron, and Rodimus Convoy, they can drill a small hole somewhere "under the rainbow." lol