Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #61
thebobkat
Canadian Slag
Re: Goodbye TRU?

If you have TRU gift cards, it's recommended that you might want to use them now before the Chapter 11 kicks in. Though recent Chapter 11 restructurings have made sure to pay the customer first (i.e. allowing use of pre bankruptcy gift cards), it's still possible for the bankruptcy to void the existing gift cards. It's probably unlikely (they'll very likely make sure the gift cards are still useable), as that would create a PR shitstorm but you never know...

EDIT: though this might not be an issue if in fact TRU Canada operates separately from the US one.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023

Last edited by thebobkat; 09-18-2017 at 11:39 PM.
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:47 PM   #62
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
I overheard a Customer service rep at my local TRU talking with a customer. The CSR mentioned that this whole bankruptcy thing is US only, the Canadian side has paid their debts and is a separate entity when it comes to the debt the US company has. So take that for what it's worth but TRU may be around Canada for a long time even if the TRU US files for bankruptcy.
Thats awesome and it goes with what a manager once told me, how TRU Canada is independent from TRU US. Would be cool if they stuck around since then Walmart would become a monopoly on mainline TFs outside the holiday season.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:23 PM   #63
ngnaw
Armada

SO is it like how Target Canada went bankrupt and how Target USA is doing fine? Seems like it.

It isn't a disrespect to retail employees, my point was that if one is stuck doing a customer service job then doing their job isn't special favours to help someone find something they are looking for. Even if it takes 5 seconds to run a SKU through a computer to see how many they have in store etc etc... Doesn't mean they are uneducated, lazy people who can't get a decent job. It's the act of not even verifying or helping that makes them look lazy... No matter what one does they should take pride in their work. I'm not that naive and can tell the lazy ones from the good ones... I can say the TRUs in my area have pretty helpful csr that are willing to help, you can see they enjoy what they are doing. Walmart it's a little different, and I don't need to show sympathy for those workers cause everything happens for a reason... I don't need them taking their frustrations out on me 'cause they're unhappy lol!

Last edited by ngnaw; 09-18-2017 at 10:53 PM.
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:48 PM   #64
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I've learned never to ask if there's more in the back, I see it as over stepping my boundaries. If there are shippers/ receivers in the back who handle unloading palettes, they really don't appreciate other employees messing up their duties.

If an employee doesn't mind checking the back for you, that's great, but don't expect them to be able to do it at every store. Walmart sure doesn't do that, and they don't even put items on hold for customers.

Enjoy TRU while it still lasts
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:01 AM   #65
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

https://www.thestar.com/business/201...urces-say.html
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:08 AM   #66
TRUCKvsGUN

Treat store employees the way you'd want to be treated: it's not their fault TRU's considering bankruptcy, it's Mitt Romney & co.'s for loading them up with debt.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:17 AM   #67
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

This sucks. I've slowed down a lot in my own toy purchases lately (I haven't bought a single thing from the Titans Return line and all I bought from Combiner Wars was a legends Shockwave and a deluxe Mirage, the later of which I never opened and ended up donating to one of those charity toy drives) but not having TRU around will make it a lot harder to shop for birthday and Christmas presents for my nieces and nephews. Hopefully they manage to pull through this.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:39 AM   #68
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
SO is it like how Target Canada went bankrupt and how Target USA is doing fine? Seems like it.
No that was chapter 7 (liquidation), this is chapter 11 (restructuring). A better comparison would be what GM and Chrysler did back in 2008.

Chapter 11 gives them protection from their creditors (people they own money too) so they can't sue them for what they are owed. They are likely going to layoff employee's and sell off/close under preforming stores.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #69
timcrook
Cybertron

Updated news.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business...tion-1.4296274

"The company ... announced late Monday that it was voluntarily seeking relief through the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in Richmond — and that its Canadian subsidiary would be seeking similar protection through a Canadian court in Ontario as it seeks to reorganize."
Old 09-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #70
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Wanted to post this last night, but the news passed me.

I was going to say that there's no way that TRU Canada would come out unscathed in US went bankrupt. They may operate separately as a business, but that's a distribution chain. All the exclusives, business ties, etc. would be severely impacted. If Canada went bankrupt the States would be fine. They're the main source. The other way around doesn't help us at all.

Too bad.

Still, Marvel was Chapter 11 back in the 90s. X-Men, the first movie, saved the company. All you need is one win.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote