Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #111
Perceptor
Alternator
Re: Ontario non sightings community chat.

Limited space and limited wallet means that I have become much more selective about what I buy. The lack of availability of figures in Canadian mass retail and the high prices of third party figs also kept me from being a completist of any sort. Having said that, I did end up getting most of the Prime figures online.

By the way, I was at Silver Snail this afternoon and saw the FOC Grimlock there (they have 4 or 5). I thought seeing it will make it hard for me to put it down, but somehow looking at him in box I didn't feel compelled to get him. I guess I had higher expectations for him having heard good things.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #112
Tonestar
Star Seeker

For anyone visiting the U.S. within the next month and wants to save some money on TF Figs here is how.
Go to Hasbrorewards.com and click on the coupon print icon and you can print a coupon that saves you $3 when you spend $10 on any TF Beast Hunter Toy. So you could print several if you want then use them at major retailers like Target, Wal-mart, K-mart or whatever place accepts coupons that sells TF BH toys.
They do expire 4/21/2013 but that's plenty of time to get Smokescreen, Riplclaw maybe even Shockwave if they release him in time.
Happy saving and hunting !
Old 03-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #113
sikkbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
Limited space and limited wallet means that I have become much more selective about what I buy. The lack of availability of figures in Canadian mass retail and the high prices of third party figs also kept me from being a completist of any sort. Having said that, I did end up getting most of the Prime figures online.

By the way, I was at Silver Snail this afternoon and saw the FOC Grimlock there (they have 4 or 5). I thought seeing it will make it hard for me to put it down, but somehow looking at him in box I didn't feel compelled to get him. I guess I had higher expectations for him having heard good things.

it's a kids toy, i am not a big fan it could have been much much better... and he's not worth the overpriced cost people are selling him at...
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #114
sikkbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I noticed this a lot last year, particularly the second half of the year. I think the trend is just continuing.

Some of it is cyclical, people get rid of older stuff to buy newer stuff (particularly movie, animated, etc.). Also some people moving on, having kids, houses, etc. and getting rid of collections.

Part of me thinks that as long as new stuff comes out in stores, people remain excited about transformers and are too busy buying to sell. But when nothing "exciting" is coming out, people have more time to sort through their collection, make sales lists, and just generally they feel less "attached" to their transformers and start wondering "why do I have this?".
i was moving and wanted to just move less stuff, plus my son is getting more and more into videogames...

now being that i am working part time for a supplier i will have more for sale....

just let me know if you guys are looking for anything guys, takara, united, foc, prime and more.. i have litterally a room full of my suppliers stuff in my apartment at the moment...

plus we are usually at most of the toy shows around hamilton and oakville.

just look for my grey and purple decepticons hat.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #115
wedge1021
Energon

I've got a question for anyone here in the Niagara Region.

I've never ventured into a local comic store before, as I've been able to find pretty much all the figures I want either in mass retail or in BST threads, and usually for lower prices. But I'm thinking of checking a few of these places out to try and find a couple of things. Are there any comic/hobby/toy stores in Niagara that you recommend, in particular for recent-release toys (TFs, Marvel Legends)? Is it possible to get a "toy subscription" through one?
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #116
takaraJoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I've got a question for anyone here in the Niagara Region.

I've never ventured into a local comic store before, as I've been able to find pretty much all the figures I want either in mass retail or in BST threads, and usually for lower prices. But I'm thinking of checking a few of these places out to try and find a couple of things. Are there any comic/hobby/toy stores in Niagara that you recommend, in particular for recent-release toys (TFs, Marvel Legends)? Is it possible to get a "toy subscription" through one?

i would check out pulp comics in the falls.
takaraJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #117
Perceptor
Alternator

@sikkbones... please PM me as I may be looking for some figs.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #118
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

It's been awhile since we Ontarian's have posted here so I'll start it's revival again.

I got surgery on the 19th and I'm freaked out being my first completely out :|

Good thing is: No more attacks and recovery is like a week
Bad thing: No good food until 2-3 weeks after AND you have to reintroduce it slowly. I may hurt someone if they are BBQ'ing in this house.

And we sold our house AND brought a new house :3

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #119
BoNKerS
Animated

I wish you all the best on your surgery, and a super fast recovery!!!

Nice congrats on selling and turning around quickly to purchase another one!
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #120
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
I wish you all the best on your surgery, and a super fast recovery!!!

Nice congrats on selling and turning around quickly to purchase another one!
I've never had surgery that uses the general so I'm super BLAH about it. Get to go to the new hospital just built at 6:30am. First surgery of the day. She was all, just go through the purple door they will be expecting you. Nothing creepy about that at all

But yes, the house was on the market for abit because our realtor sucks until we actually sold it then he got off his aft to do something about getting us a new house and giving us the best deal. But seriously, he was horrible until our house sold. Didn't even do Open Houses.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote