Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #31
Jefro
Robot in Disguise
Re: WFC Discussion (possible spoilers)

Just completed chapter 4 using Megatron. Also came across a 12X Scrapmaker for the 1st time which is a pretty kick ass weapon in place of the Neutron Assault Rifle. As of now, I've used 4 different characters for the first 4 chapters (Brawl, Starscream, Soundwave, Megatron) and really like how your able to mix things up so much throughout the campaign.

More I play this game the more I'm loving it as a Transformers Fan. Everything from the Pre-G1 Cartoon Story Line to the Characters and Voice Acting am looking forward to trying it online once I beat it on solo.
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #32
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

So I finally got my copy today & install it. Game looks great, I'll say that
I'm not unimpressed by it (so far), but I'm not blown away by it either (so far).
Only played 2 missions on the D-Cons side as of now.
A couple things are bugging me about it, but I'm going to hold off judgment for a little but yet.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #33
keanu577
11 year old fan.

SO MANY FREEZES!! My game froze like 5-6 times! I'm on chapter uh... 8 somewhere there.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:29 AM   #34
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu577 View Post
SO MANY FREEZES!! My game froze like 5-6 times! I'm on chapter uh... 8 somewhere there.
Never froze on mine (playing on 360)

Boss fight Spoiler

I gave up after an hour trying to kill Trypticon. here is a break down of the fight

Phase 1: Trypticon has two attacks.

1 - barrage of missiles (yes they are homing missiles)
2 - arrays of giant energy balls.

the fight: he will be constantly shooting homing missiles at you when he switches to energy balls, you will have the chance to move around during that time. For this fight, you will have to run to 1 console to activate some transfer belt above trypticon's shoulder. and then you need to shoot the energy tube on these transfer belts to overload trypticons weapon. Sounds easy eh? the only way i found out how to do this is hide when he shoots missiles. When the first console is up, quickly dash towards it, activate the console and then back to the hiding spot. hide and try to shot the tubes when he switches attacks. you will need two shots to break a single tank, and you need to do it 4-5 times. I used energy pistol for this. When the left side is done, switch to the right side. Same strat

Phase 2: This is the shitty part

attacks:
1 - barrage of homing missiles that can take almost 1 bar of your health. The only way you can dodge this is time it, get into vehicle mode and drive like a mofo. this is his first attack

2 - energy beam that follows u around. luckily, you can hide behind the ramp on the left side of the platform you are fighting on. when ever he is going to do this attack you will see alert message popping out of the screen. after the first attack rotation, sometimes he will skip this one and jump right to the third attack, be ware.

3 - missiles + tail charge: There are 4 missile turrets on his tail. they will shot rockets at you, if the rocket hits u, it does more than half bar of health. If they land on the floor, it will summons a dark energon spike. These spikes are destructible, but if you do not break them, they will break and pop out annoying spiders. while the missiles from his tail is heading to your way, trypticon will charge up his tail, and when charge is done, he will strike the ground with it. if you are too close, it will shock you and take about half of your total HP. you can try to take out the missile turrets, but it's not easy because they are very far away and the tail moves when these turrets are visible.

these are the attacks of trypticon. what i suggest is, get enough ammo first , then he does his first attack, wait in the bottom part of the platform time the missiles and run from it. And then when you get the red alert message, hide behind the ramp. After this one, you can try to snipe out the missile turrets on his tail. anyway, move away from where you were when he initiated the charge, walk to the other side. do a double jump + dash should help you avoid this. So now assume the rockets from his tail did not hit you. Try take out as many dark energon you can. I found a cheese way for this part. if you stay in the bottom when these rockets hit, you can simply move up to the second level and let AI deal with the spiders. there are 2-3 spiders will run to you, but they should not be the problem. If you are going to take out the spiders, do it quick. Trypticon does not wait till you finish all the spiders, he will resume the first missile barrage attack, so get into the vehicle mode and do this all over again. during the first attack rotation, you will not be able to do any dmg to him (you can take out one of his turrets durring attack#2). After the first rotation, he will expose a power core from his back. There are 3 power cores on his back. good thing is they don't have crazy amount of HP.

that's all I know about the final fight of the game. I almost beat it, third core was only few shots away. freaking AI blocked me during attack#1 which killed me.

if anyone has a better way to do this fight, please do share
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:08 AM   #35
aximili
Machine War

Spoilers probably everywhere here

I just finished the story mode and I loved every second of it. And the credits were surprisingly awesome! I even stayed up to replay some levels and try out multiplayer (but there's been connection issues there).

There's one thing I noticed on the final Chapter. You know there's the laneway sort of thing that you go along that eventually leads to Trypticon. Well there's a side road that has a hospital of sorts and Ratchet is there working at the computer. If you go the very end of that road and then look to your left, you will see Laserbeak attacking two generic Autobots. I thought it was so cool that they put that in there for anyone who happened to come across it. Let me know if anyone else finds any cool Easter Eggs like that

And I'll go ahead and say the absolute hardest part for me was the bit where you had to defend Omega Supreme and Ratchet while he was healing him. Ratchet is my favourite character, but during this level when I had to go revive him every 5 seconds I really hated him. It didn't help that the checkpoint saved me with one bar of health right before the really hard part with the fliers and snipers and everyone else. It took me forever to beat this, but I eventually found the room behind Omega with those Health Shield boosts. That helped immensely!

Trypticon help
For Astrana: I had the same problem at first. Trypticon kept blowing me to pieces every time I stepped out of any cover. This is when I really started to use the dash special ability. I was using Prime, but I think all the playable characters have that ability for the level.

Basically, I would stay on the upper levels for the whole fight (before you fall underground for the next part), and constantly dash sideways to avoid the rockets and energy beams and try to grab the energon healths whenever I could. And then when he stopped to expose whatever it is we're supposed to shoot I would just unload as much as I could. I was using either the Energon Battle Pistol or Photon Burst Rifle to make sure I got close up.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:14 AM   #36
evil_ivotron
decepticon ruler

Disappointed. already went through the game. Way to short. starting over again in difficult. Disappointed that it's not a free roaming game..........just disappointed... I was expecting more. All it is, a glorified gears of war........

thanks Crobot for the awesome sig...
"every heroic Autobot deserves a concrete tomb"
evil_ivotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #37
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Saw the end credits, lets just say it's quite fitting.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #38
fishtifer
Machine War

Wii - Cybertron Adventures: So the first level in story mode as the Autobots you play as Sideswipe and your mission is to rescue Ratchet. All your controls do is control your weapon, you can't run or jump on your own - the game automatically does that for you. You can't transform on your own either, once you get to a certain point in the level you transform into a vehicle and then drive a short distance a couple of times.

Level 2 you are Bumblebee helping Ironhide, you shoot a bunch of Decepticons that all look the same.

How is the Xbox and Playstation versions different from this? It's a cool game but I was hoping to be able to run around and Transform at will.
fishtifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #39
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
How is the Xbox and Playstation versions different from this? It's a cool game but I was hoping to be able to run around and Transform at will.
this and you aren't an autobot for the first five levels

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #40
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
Wii - Cybertron Adventures: So the first level in story mode as the Autobots you play as Sideswipe and your mission is to rescue Ratchet. All your controls do is control your weapon, you can't run or jump on your own - the game automatically does that for you. You can't transform on your own either, once you get to a certain point in the level you transform into a vehicle and then drive a short distance a couple of times.

Level 2 you are Bumblebee helping Ironhide, you shoot a bunch of Decepticons that all look the same.

Wow, the DS version sounds better than this. In the DS versions you do run around and Transform whenever you want, control all movements and the like.

The Wii version sounds like a completely different game really.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote