Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-18-2015, 06:13 PM   #31
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician
Re: CW Devastator Pre-order @TRU.CA

This is hardly over priced as it is 6 voyager figures so at $29.99 x 6 we get $179.94 so a $10 dollar hike that I saved using CineplexFeb + free shipping if the figure was going by wal-marts $34.99 we would be seeing more like $209.94 so it is not over priced, I would agree to it being over priced if it was going for $249.99, and trust me people and parents would still pay that price
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:16 PM   #32
joshimus
Metroplex

I actually dont think that 6 transformable bots to 1 giant bot at 189 is overpriced. Assuming a voyager size figure goes for say 30.00x6=180. I think voyagers here are what, 34.99 or something, which is well over 200.
So for their size class and combining ability, 189 isn't that bad (-10 cineplex and free shipping)
Now if the look of the figure puts you off, that's something else.
Considering what we pay for legends scale figs or deluxe figs or the 1 step changers, Devestator aint that bad.
I fully agree that the Platinum series is way over priced, especially as bad repaint and small figures, but Devestator? Nah. That seems fair

Last edited by joshimus; 06-18-2015 at 06:18 PM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:30 PM   #33
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

The original price listed in the TRU system reported way back when it was just a rumor was $169 CDN, but the price went up it seems due to the exchange rate becoming so bad. It's a $159.99 USD price point which makes $189.99 CDN after exchange about right...sucks for us though for sure. At least the CINEPLEXFEB coupon still works, so $179.99 isn't too bad.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #34
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Definitely going to risk waiting for at least a 20% sale. Definitely on the fence but not a must buy. Normally don't go in for that sort of thing but would liekly buy reprolabels for some detail. Although to be fair, the gestalt mode looks fine. The individual bots a bit too plain. Still pretty stinking huge and rad!!

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #35
CanBot
Cybertron

This cineplexfeb code isn't working. It says it's case sensitive, but I'm going to try signing in as a guest. I certainly haven't used it before. Hope this works!

*looks like it was working; it's just that it doesn't say anything about cineplex. It's a $10 off card, which is nice. Devy for $200 and change? DONE!

I'm going to still order the Tak version, and I think this will become a gift for my nephew. Maybe I'll keep em' both if a 20% code shows up anytime soon, and snag that for the little guy. He's kinda moved on to Star Wars but I'm pretty sure he'll flip a lid when he sees this TITAN

Last edited by CanBot; 06-18-2015 at 08:10 PM.
CanBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:30 PM   #36
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

Thanks ordered one and Toys R Us cancelled it their customer service is almost as bad as Walmart.

Last edited by mrluthor; 06-18-2015 at 10:45 PM.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:29 AM   #37
CanBot
Cybertron

They cancelled it?...why? I got my order to go through after a few tries. I keep thinking about how shitty it's going to feel when these go on sale this Christmas at Costco (if), but...when (if) they do? GAAAAH!...oh well, it's Devy. I'm happy to have one on pre-order in any case.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:48 AM   #38
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrluthor View Post
Thanks ordered one and Toys R Us cancelled it their customer service is almost as bad as Walmart.
Did you use the coupon code correctly or too many times? It says during check out that if you try to apply a coupon code twice, it will cancel the order.

As for me, I didn't have any issues. Got a confirmation email in minutes of ordering.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #39
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
But of course. The guns are nice touch though.
Totally depends if that is the only difference and how much more they are charging. Lets be honest, it won't be free shipping, and these guys look much better combined then in bot mode, so yeah ... easy decision for me at least. Going with this one for $179.99.

Thanks for the code everyone. Saving $10 is awesomesauce!!!
Old 06-19-2015, 01:18 PM   #40
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Anyone here work at Costco or knows people who work at Costco who can search their SKU system?

I have a feeling that Costco will likely carry the mass retail version for Xmas like they did with Metroplex and other big TF in the past. Maybe it will come as a 2-pack. LOL.