Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-14-2018, 11:10 PM   #51
Pascal
Banned
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Ontario Walmarts always getting crazy clearance deals we never get in Quebec.

Crash Combiner Primelock being impossible to find.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:57 PM   #52
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Whiny nerds making the hobby and community gross with insanely unrealistic expectations and demands from children's playthings.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:18 AM   #53
imfallenangel
Cybertron

The crap plastic and emptiness of so many in the last waves.. I miss the "full" arms and legs that had screws to hold the parts together...

I hate getting one that looks great from the main angles only to find that it's so empty, light, and brittle that transforming it means risking a snap of a part.. *sigh*

That and pricing.. where a medium one would be priced at where the larger sized ones were just a few years ago, but with the cheaper plastic on top of that...

As they are meant for kids/children, I just don't get it... aside the $$$ if they get broken and the parent has to go buy another.

I like the ones that I can have my 5 year old grand-nephew be able to play and not worry about him breaking them.. example: just about anything from the Energon era.

The "last" ones lately I've seen are the RiD Windblade, the medium/Voyager sized Movie Megatron (plane/jet) and such.

If I feel that it wouldn't survive being dropped, it's bad plastic. I should fell that I would be able to use it to pound some nails into wood darn it! (take the Energon Tidal Wave or Omega supreme for other examples of tough and semi flexible plastic should be like)

Heck I bought and returned my Tripticon within an hour as it broke as I was assembling it (the hip ratchet)... like come on, seriously...
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #54
Landstander
Generation 2

the final four prime masters being in the throne of the primes set and hard to find end of line figures, or skipped waves
Landstander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:39 AM   #55
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Whiny nerds making the hobby and community gross with insanely unrealistic expectations and demands from children's playthings.
Hahahaha...agreed!

My Wife and her friends ask if me and the other husband Transformer enthusiasts sound like the characters from the Big Bang Theory when discussing this hobby.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #56
Lucid Harbinger
Generation 1

God forbid people like a thing but wish that thing was a little different, and have the nerve to express so online.

Anyway, I would love some Generations Seacons. I was hoping a set of some kind would be announced, with retooled CW and/or PotP figures, at the tail end of PotP. Hopefully one day.
Lucid Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:29 PM   #57
Marcotron
Robot Master

Just because they are in a box now instead of a blister pack, doesn't make a deluxe figure worth $10 more.
The last movie's toys, some of them, were the exact same toys as the previous film (any of the dinobots), but cost $10 more because they were in the premier edition box. Was there ever a secondary edition? Nope, just pure marketing fluff and an upcharge.
I ended up buying 1 movie toy, Cogman at half price, and upon playing with it for thirty seconds, realized that they used cheaper plastic than ever before and it's just not a fun toy to transform. Had I payed full price for it, I would have been pissed.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:01 PM   #58
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

- lack of weapons with some of the figures
- price of some of the exclusives i.e. counterpunch $35 + for a deluxe no thanks
- people swapping out an old toy and returning it
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #59
mAk
Machine War

Absolutely!!!!!

Quote:
mAk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #60
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
I don't agree with that... asking for better prices, better plastic, and a bit more variety instead of recolours/remolds for half of some lines....

I buy my toys to be toys, Sure I display them as they are one of my hobbies, but I play and transform them, I fiddle with them, I take them out with the kids, etc.

I feel that I shouldn't feel like I'm handling a precious and very fragile artifact that would cost an arm and a leg to replace should the worse happens.

When I buy some for children, I simply hate knowing that I HAVE to tell them to be very gentle with them because they are too easily broken, and once the wave is passed, it's GONE and to replace, you're very possibly stuck with buying from scalpers that double/triple the prices.

So children's playthings? not that much any more, there's simply too many adult collectors now, unless you go with the imaginext stuff. Heck even the Power Rangers that used to be shelf warmers and just for kids just cool stuff are now fetching very hefty prices for just about any of the Megazords now.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 10-16-2018 at 09:24 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote